Royal Rooms or AKL?

js121

Earning My Ears
We're going end of Feb. 2017 on our 4th trip. We've only ever stayed at Values, our girls are young (3 & 6) and enjoy them. We tend to spend a lot of time at the resort and space out our park days.
This year I convinced my husband to do a split stay - Value Resort and POR Royal Rooms. But I just did some quick calculating/guessing based on the VISA deals that are out now (assuming the same ones will be released to the public next week). It looks like it would be less than $100 total to upgrade to Animal Kingdom Lodge instead of the Royal Rooms for that portion of our trip. Is it way better? My kids are princess crazy, but I think AKL would be so cool.

AKL AKL!

Love POR Royal Rooms and AKL! If you can get a deal like that at AKL then take it. The resort is stunning, your kids will love the animals and exploring. What a treat for the adults too! AKL is perfect for younger families!

AKL for sure! The Royal Rooms are cute but a bit crowded IMO. Too much furniture for such a small room. I do like POR but yeah I'd go with AKL. Beautiful resort!

AKL all the way. Such a beautiful resort. The pool is great, animal watching is wonderful and the cast members at AKL are among some of the best we have encountered.

But I just did some quick calculating/guessing based on the VISA deals that are out now (assuming the same ones will be released to the public next week).

They will the same - Disney Visa holders are just getting advance access.

For your 4th trip I would also go with AKL. We are actually having the same dilemma right now but decide to go with princess room because this trip is solely for a 4 year old I think she is going to enjoy the princess room more thank the room at AKL. Also this is her first trip !

I've stayed at both AKL and the Royal Rooms with my five year old daughter. She loved them both, and I did too! For the price difference I would do AKL. We love the dining options, balconies, and being under one roof. Both pools are great at the two resorts. You can't go wrong with a Royal Room, but AKL has the edge.

Sounds pretty definitive, and we were leaning towards AKL already! Now I just have to cross fingers that there is availability when the deal is released. Thanks all!

I am deciding this same thing with my 14 year old DD. She has been begging to stay in a RR but AKL looks so beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter