Royal Plaza or Bonnet Creek

The House of Mouse

Mouseketeer
Just decided on a last minute trip to The World with some friends. Pop Century is booked solid, as are all the other value/moderate resorts, so we are looking for something else.

We will only have one car between 8-11 (adults and teenagers) of us, so we liked the idea of being able to walk to Downtown Disney and other places from the Royal Plaza, but still having a shuttle to the parks.

However, Bonnet Creek looks like it has nice pools and possibly shuttles and activities too. But, have also heard about construction noise problems here.

Has anyone stayed at either of these places recently that could give some advice?

Just came back from 12 days at Bonnet Creek. It was our second trip there and we think it is just great. We had a 2 bedroom villa with full kitchen, 2 baths and washer/dryer.

The pools were great and very warm. They also have a nice lazy river.

We were in the building next to the one they are doing construction on and we did not hear one thing the entire time. We watched the MK and Epcot fireworks from our balcony every night. Highly recommend it.

The only downside is the food options are very limited. They do have burgers and pizza, but that's about it.

Also...it is very close to Downtown Disney...by car. But I don't think I'd want to walk it since there aren't sidewalks or anything in that area.

Hope this helps you out.

We stayed at Bonnet Creek last December for 11 nights. It was just fantastic and would not hesitate to go back. we booked with Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com and I can highly recommend. The location has to be the best offsite. My husband (who is hard to impress) even now says he doesn't understand why evryone doesn't stay there!!

Shuttles are a great way to go. They are free, run frequently, depending on season, and get you to any of the parks within 15 minutes. They also go to Downtown Disney. Be careful returning at night - They fill up fast and people get very rude trying to force way onto bus. We just learned to stay in the park later and take a cab back. Bonnet Creek is awesome. You will love it.

We stayed at Bonnet Creek last December for 11 nights. It was just fantastic and would not hesitate to go back. we booked with Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com and I can highly recommend. The location has to be the best offsite. My husband (who is hard to impress) even now says he doesn't understand why evryone doesn't stay there!!

Thanks for the information about Ken. I contacted him yesterday re: a 2BR rental for 2 nights. He is very responsive and I hope I can get the great rate he quoted because I only need 2 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter