Royal Palms now charging a fee

Puggs

Earning My Ears
We just got back from Royal Palms in Grand Cayman last week and they are charging a $2 per person fee at the gate. I don't believe they were doing this before.

Can you tell us more about your time there? What was the charge for chairs and umbrellas? Did you eat - how was the food? Did you use the pool? Lots of questions...:lmao:

There was no charge in 2009-they did charge you for umbrellas and chairs, do they still? I assume they do.
Food was good.Beach was very nice and clean.Facilities were very nice and clean.

No pool there.

Linda

There was no charge in 2009-they did charge you for umbrellas and chairs, do they still? I assume they do.
Food was good.Beach was very nice and clean.Facilities were very nice and clean.

No pool there.

Linda

Recent reviews on Trip Advisors indicate there is now a pool but it may be limited to 18 and over. Still trying to find out about that! Just wondering about recent pricing and Dis cruisers' experiences. Anyone?

The $2 was taken at the gate where the taxi's drop you off. Each beach chair or umbrella is $10 each. We paid $30 for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella.
There was a lady who came in the same time we did who was just there in August and said they were not charging this fee then. The taxi drivers will also tell you this and encourage you to go to one of the "free" beaches.
We did not eat there or use the pool. It got pretty crowded by noon, but there where 6 cruise ships in port that day.
I personally was not thrilled with Royal Palms. It is a beautiful beach but it was crowded and loud. Jet skis coming in and out and just a lot of people. We had a better time at Chankanaab in Cozumel.
A couple riding the tender back with us went to Governor's Beach and loved it. They said it was quiet and not many people. I wish we had went there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter