Royal Pacific

fuse04

DIS Veteran
Hoping to stay at universal for 4-5 nights next May. Any tips on getting good rates for hotel or is it best to book via hotel direct?

thanks
Rob

We generally book direct and get a AAA discount, once we booked through expedia and somehow managed a slightly cheaper rate! We find Club level to be well worth the extra.
Its a lovely hotel however we had a security issue with the left luggage on our final day so wouldnt recommend it for valuables. Our Mistake.

Liked the hotel, location, rooms, and the first in line access, I found the product knowledge of the people working in the hotel poor. We booked via Virgin holidays and had tickets included, it took them over an hour to work out 'how' to do it.

Plus we had advertised features of discounts in the restaurant, but one or two of the wait staff, refused to accept them, ( one or two did accept so it was a training issue)

PS Also spotted they debited the full room cost to my room account ( on the in room TV) although prepaid by virgin, did correct as soon as I told them.

Book via the hotel reservation number in the hotels section of the Universal site or direct with Loews , they will put you through to a central reservation no matter which way you book. Loews have a policy as well if you see it advertised cheaper they will honour it.
I would go either AAA although the supersaver rate will probably be about 20% which would probably be about the same as AAA.
Once you have your room booked[if you book through loews or reservations on the universal site] and the rates come down you can call and get the new rate applied.

I booked two rooms for two nights last year at the Hard Rock. I go myself a Universal Annual Pass, which gives you a 10-20% discount depending on the time of year. This just about paid for itself with the 4 nights. Worth looking into, as you also get a discount on any merchandise bought in the parks.

thanks for the advice, how can I find out more about discounts for AAA and AP...would have to buy on of either and want to check how the costs work out?

Rob

I booked direct with the Front office Manager but that was only because my last stay was.........ahem......less than perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter