• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Royal Pacific Resort: Shop?

Selina

DIS Veteran
Does the Royal Pacific Resort sell milk and orange juice, water in it's shop or if not can you buy a carton of fresh milk at the bar?
Also....nearest food store...is there one within walking distance? The Room's mini-bar......is there room for a carton of milk? At the Hard Rock Hotel it was crammed full and was really difficult to store anything.
Last question: we have been quoted £85 for a limo from the airport to RPR actually with a 10% discount will be £76.50 as we are now "frequent Virgins!!!" :). That is about $113 dollars and the same for the return journey. Is there a cheaper way we can book on-line?

I'm sure the bar will give you, or sell you, milk.

What you need is someone to stay in the bar until the very early hours of the morning (oh the sacrifice!) and then buy the milk to bring up to you.
That way it will still be fresh!

Any volunteers, I wonder? :D

They keep the minibar full so they know when to fill it or charge for whats missing. The minibars are not very cold.
The walk to a store from RPR is kind of far.

We have always bought small cartons of milk on the way out of IOA at night at the bakery. My son HAS to have milk - he is a teenager - and I found that to be the most convenient.

Towncars (not limos) run around $100 R/T. Check on the transportation board. Most of them will make a short, free grocery stop if you request it when you make your reservation.

I know the small store sold soda's I can't remember if they sold milk and juice. My Son had a strawberry milk from there. On the other side of I4 of Universal Blvd there is a Walgreens. Most likely a 1 Mile walk from Royal Pacific. I would ask Limo Company for a stop somewhere to purchase supplies and small Cooler to keep Milk Cold.

i stopped at Orchids Lounge in RPR on the way up to the room at night and bought milk and put in on tons of ice. i bought ziploc bags from home so i just completely imersed it in the ice and it stayed very cold. it was $2.13 for a 16 oz.

When we were there we saw several different people ask for a take-out order of milk. They just went to the receptionists outside of the restaurants (between Jake's and the Islands) and placed the order. We saw one family just get the baby's bottle filled.

You can buy cartons of milk in the morning at the bar where they have the little breakfast buffet.

Xavier: :laughing:

Thanks for your replies. I'll have a look on the transportation board about the limo. The Bakery stop at IOA sounds like a good idea plus it's nice to know you can buy some at the Orchid Lounge too. I mainly want fresh milk for the morning "cup of tea in bed"!!! I just can't function till I've had a cuppa. I'm just like that monkey in the PG Tip's adverts....... :teeth:

Guess it is. I definitely get withdrawal symptons if I haven't had my fix! Cup of tea in bed is how I usually wake up in the morning :teeth:

At the Orchid lounge Selina u get small carton of milk and box cereal for $2.50, there pastries are $2-$2.50 as well and most are pretty big so u can split them the nearest grocery store about 20 min walk but if its only for tea y not stock up on the little UHT cartons u get in restaurants etc fir the morning tea:jester:

Thanks highlander. My son also likes warm milk and night - but doesn't like the uht stuff - that's another reason for fresh milk - but it looks like I'll manage okay if I can buy a couple of cartons and keep them in the minibar thingy.

Selina u might be as well buying the milk at Cinnabons 99 cents and at night they may warm it for u we did keep milk in a soft sided cooler filled with ice in the bath but to be honest with the hassle and all that the second time we just paid takeaway prices in march cost not that much of a diffrence

Yes, think I'll do that and buy at the bakery. Last time in Florida I purchased an electric kettle/combo pot. It was only $13 on I-Drive grocery store. It's handy for boiling water for tea rather than using the coffeemaker and also ideal to heat milk, soups, etc.

It's a long time..not till May next year, but have already pre-booked our seats with "Virgin" and are looking forward to doing the new on-line check-in night before we fly! We've been monitoring the UK Boards to see how it's working! Haven't done the countdown thing as it seems like you have to do lots of procedures to get one!...and I'm not in to "procedures"..LOL.

Before u know it may will be here am sure u will have a great time we will be there in January so if u want any specfics nearer time just ask and I will try and find out when there:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter