ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
buy a sandwich the night before to eat at breakfast the next day
keep it overnight in the room fridge.

bread basket might be something good.

you could use the
micro wave in orchid lounge to heat it up if need be.

Wonder how expensive ordering something from room service would be? DD and I could go on a protein bar, but DH is diabetic and has to take insuline. He can't go commando park touring without a good breakfast. Buying something the day before might actually work. That's a good suggestion. (I have a feeling we will be eating in the dining room though)

I'm finding same issue with breakfast at Poly. I want to use Kona, but they do not open early enough to allow for the 8am extra magic hour. Same with club level hours everywhere. Wonder if they do it on purpose.

Wonder how expensive ordering something from room service would be? DD and I could go on a protein bar, but DH is diabetic and has to take insuline. He can't go commando park touring without a good breakfast. Buying something the day before might actually work. That's a good suggestion. (I have a feeling we will be eating in the dining room though)

Room service can be pricey varies on what you order
There is, I believe, a 22 percent add on charge to the bill
Either 18 or 22 of pc that is
Tip included in the charge

Look at the menus in city walk eateries and decide what can be kept in the fridge overnight, heated next morning

When are you going? Sapphire Falls may be open by then and they may have some better options. It should only be a couple minutes walk.

March 19 & 20th. Depending on how much we get done on the first night will depend how early we need to get going the next day. We have a jam packed day, and then I find out about this whole Mardi Gras thing (I cannot miss that parade), which adds more to it. Maybe we can hit Diagon Ally late and then we don't have to go to early entry. Then we might just eat in the dining room and DH can get his bacon on and we can be happy family for the remainder of the day. :cloud9: Of course, as things change, they might change their menu back by then. Is there somewhere they post the menu online?

Calling the place to find about any menu changes would be the easiest way to find out

I see out dated menus many times on sites

March 19 & 20th. Depending on how much we get done on the first night will depend how early we need to get going the next day. We have a jam packed day, and then I find out about this whole Mardi Gras thing (I cannot miss that parade), which adds more to it. Maybe we can hit Diagon Ally late and then we don't have to go to early entry. Then we might just eat in the dining room and DH can get his bacon on and we can be happy family for the remainder of the day. :cloud9: Of course, as things change, they might change their menu back by then. Is there somewhere they post the menu online?

Which menu are you looking for? All the menus for the sit down restaurants are on the Universal website.

There is a Cinnabon outside the gates on Citywalk that has $4 sausage, egg, and cheese on biscuits. Best value we found. The Cinnabon inside the gates doesn't have the sandwiches.

Has that placed changes their hours?
I went there in October and they opened at 8 the morning I was there

It would be fantastic news if they had earlier hours now!

There is a Cinnabon outside the gates on Citywalk that has $4 sausage, egg, and cheese on biscuits. Best value we found. The Cinnabon inside the gates doesn't have the sandwiches.
mmmmmm...ciiiinnnaabooonnnn....(insert Homer Simpson drooling pic here) That would be most awesome.

Now that IS good to know! What about Burger King? Do they have breakfast sandwiches?

Our family has never been to Universal before....I was thinking of booking RPR for our family because of the boat, express pass and early admission to Harry Potter. I just realized that this hotel is pet friendly.....how often do you see pets at this hotel walking around. My DD has a major phobia of any dogs or cats....it's not just a fear but a true phobia where she will freeze up and/or freak out. The only universal hotel that I see that isn't pet friendly is CB but I was hoping to stay at one of the hotels that comes with the front of line pass. Any observations?

Booked our first Universal stay at RPR and now I'm considering upgrading to a club room but not sure it will be worth it to us. We're only staying 2 nights and doing a park each day. Our usual Disney plan is to take a midday break and head back to the resort. Opinions on if it would be worth it are appreciated...

Our family has never been to Universal before....I was thinking of booking RPR for our family because of the boat, express pass and early admission to Harry Potter. I just realized that this hotel is pet friendly.....how often do you see pets at this hotel walking around. My DD has a major phobia of any dogs or cats....it's not just a fear but a true phobia where she will freeze up and/or freak out. The only universal hotel that I see that isn't pet friendly is CB but I was hoping to stay at one of the hotels that comes with the front of line pass. Any observations?

I've never seen a dog or a cat. I hope she can work on that phobia as she gets older; that's going to be a very very difficult one to go through life with, as I'm sure you know.

Booked our first Universal stay at RPR and now I'm considering upgrading to a club room but not sure it will be worth it to us. We're only staying 2 nights and doing a park each day. Our usual Disney plan is to take a midday break and head back to the resort. Opinions on if it would be worth it are appreciated...

Are you asking about being onsite or about club?

I always think that being onsite is necessary. And for Club, it's perfect when you're actually going to be at the resort. If you're an open to close and party in citywalk person, then you're never there to experience Club level! But if you go to one park (so not open to close, necessarily) and you go back for a break, then you'll likely be there and might be able to experience the offerings.

Now, you know that Uni parks aren't necessarily open *late*, right? So a midday break might not be as important, and it's possible it would be better to just power through and then go back early instead? (and then that gives you the evening offerings instead of bags of chips or whatever at midday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter