ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our fridge was locked, the key was in the keycard holder and never was taken out, and our fridge didn't even look like a fridge.

The snacks aren't always in the fridge. There are some nuts and stuff sitting on top of the cabinet at RPR.

Our fridge was locked, the key was in the keycard holder and never was taken out, and our fridge didn't even look like a fridge.

Are there charges for unlocking the fridge? What would stop you from taking the stuff out and using the fridge for your own personal water or whatever and then replacing the high priced stuff before you check out??

**Not saying I am going to do it, just crossed my mind as something people could do to avoid a fridge rental. They have to have thought of it too and taken precautions right??:confused3

I may want to take any unlocked nuts or snacks and stick them in the fridge to avoid anyone eating them!

Thanks! I'll hide the snacks and make sure the kids don't know about the fridge key. :thumbsup2

I don't know if they would know if you took the stuff out.

We got a fridge b/c hubby takes a drug that has to be refrigerated, and with a medical need like that, the rental is free. So I barely looked at the key the whole time, just making sure it was still there.

The cute bags of cookies etc had price tags on them, so there was no question that we would be charged if we ate them.

But the coffee was free and quite delicious, and that was good. :)

In my 25 yrs. of business travel...I have always taken some bottles, liquors, out of the minibar, left them out till I check out, then put them back in order to fit my refrigerated stuff. No problems. The maids usually count the contents daily and charge as necessary.

Is it too old fashioned just to tell the kids .....NO, Don't touch...and consequences will apply if they don't listen?? :rolleyes1

Is it too old fashioned just to tell the kids .....NO, Don't touch...and consequences will apply if they don't listen?? :rolleyes1

Well in my case, both my kids are high functioning ASD. So just saying "no" often doesn't work as well as it should. ;)

But with a month to go before the trip I should be able to get the concept of "they aren't free" through to them. With a little luck... :goodvibes

I don't know if they would know if you took the stuff out.

We got a fridge b/c hubby takes a drug that has to be refrigerated, and with a medical need like that, the rental is free. So I barely looked at the key the whole time, just making sure it was still there.

The cute bags of cookies etc had price tags on them, so there was no question that we would be charged if we ate them.

But the coffee was free and quite delicious, and that was good. :)

There is a person comes round later in the day [not cleanening maids],checking the fridges in the rooms. if anything is missing they will replenish it and charge it to your room.

In my 25 yrs. of business travel...I have always taken some bottles, liquors, out of the minibar, left them out till I check out, then put them back in order to fit my refrigerated stuff. No problems. The maids usually count the contents daily and charge as necessary.

The sad thing is I am more worried about my Dh than my kids! LOL! He could have a flashing neon sign on the bag of nuts and he'd still miss it! He is kind of clueless in things like this. I could totally see the kids asking him while I was in the shower "Can I eat this" and he'd dismissively say sure! :eek: Now that I know all this ahead of time I can educate him as well as the kids! I'll try the "NO, Don't touch!" I am sure it will work on the kids, hoping Dh too! :rolleyes1

Yes you can rent one. But with a medical need for one, it's free.

DH remembers that it would have been $25 per night.

We will have a rental car and I am wondering if there is a grocery store fairly close to RPR? I checked the Walmart & Publix sites for the closest and have printed out directions but was wondering if there are others that I don't know about that are closer? Which is the best/easiest/cheapest to go to? We are only looking to pick up a few things some water and a few snacks or something. Thanks!!

There is a Walgreens and Publix on S Kirkman, or Target on Turkey lake Rd at the junction of west Sand lake rd, and a Walmart a few minutes futher don Turkey lake Road, where we would usually go, probably about 10 mins

We will have a rental car and I am wondering if there is a grocery store fairly close to RPR? I checked the Walmart & Publix sites for the closest and have printed out directions but was wondering if there are others that I don't know about that are closer? Which is the best/easiest/cheapest to go to? We are only looking to pick up a few things some water and a few snacks or something. Thanks!!

We had a car too. I can't remember where the store was but I know that we went to a super Wal-Mart and it didn't seem that far away. Sorry I'm not much help but wanted to let you know that there are places close by.

We leave tomorrow for a split trip between Universal and WDW. I always make Mousekeeping envelopes for the WDW resort staff.
This trip I have made Housekeeping Elves envelopes for the RPR staff.
Any problem with leaving tips for the staff at the Loews resorts?

Thats nice, never thought of envelopes for Universal. we always leave $$$ usually on the bed, as they did not always take them from the cabinet the TV sits on

We have booked a standard 2 queen room at RPR for 3/27-3/29. We do not feel the club level would be a benefit for us due to the fact we'd like to try some sitdown restaurants at City Walk. My question is, is there any place to heat up leftovers for our daughter? (or can we get a microwave for our room)
We will be bringing along a cooler to keep extra beverages in. :confused3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched through 30+ pages and couldn't find anything on this.

She is a strange little person that nibbles all day long so we usually have her eat the other 1/2 of her dinner when she is hungry later.

We have booked a standard 2 queen room at RPR for 3/27-3/29. We do not feel the club level would be a benefit for us due to the fact we'd like to try some sitdown restaurants at City Walk. My question is, is there any place to heat up leftovers for our daughter? (or can we get a microwave for our room)
We will be bringing along a cooler to keep extra beverages in. :confused3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched through 30+ pages and couldn't find anything on this.

She is a strange little person that nibbles all day long so we usually have her eat the other 1/2 of her dinner when she is hungry later.

Just a quick google and I found that you can rent a microwave for $15 a day. Not sure if that is current information or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter