• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPH does not have a slide at their pool? How far is the walk to HRH from RPH?
Walking, it took us 15 minutes to get to HRH from RPH. Didn't walk directly to PBH, as it was a bit far. We caught the boat from RPR to City Walk & then transfered to a boat that took us to PBH.

I stayed for my first time at RPH 6-9-6-14 and I was not impressed at all. The first night (after a hot day at the park), I returned to the hotel to take a relaxing shower only to find there was no hot water. I called the front desk and was informed that they had a power outage and that was the reason for this. Also, the ice machine on my floor was out of order and I had to go another floor to get ice. The next night the ice machine did not have any ice and went to another floor and it was empty as well. I ran into another guest who was having the same problem. A bell hop said he would bring up ice to both of us in a few minutes. I haven't seen that bag of ice yet. I did call down to the front desk and complained about the ice situation and also mentioned the no hot water deal from the night before. The person I spoke to said that there was a fire in the hotel the day before and that was the reason there wasn't any hot water and she would check on the ice. I told her this was my first stay at the hotel and I was not impressed. She informed me that she had stayed at the hotel herself and she thought it was fine. Anyway she tranferred me to someone else. This lady offered $50 off my room and a breakfest buffet comp for my inconvenience. I later ordered room service and requested ice. They sent a pitcher of ice water and 2 glasses of ice water. On the 3rd day, I was able to get ice from the ice machine and also had a ice bag (I didn't have one the 2nd day). The 4th day, housekeeping didn't empty the melted ice from the bag in the bucket, nor did they leave a fresh a bag. I emptied the water and guess what, no ice in the ice machine. I called down and they brought up a bag to me. The last night, no ice bag, but I was able to get ice from the ice machine. The hotel was very noisy. I had a pool view room. It was as if i was at the pool instead of my room. I could hear everything. The guests on my floor were noisy as well. I could even hear people walking down the hall in flip flops. I won't be staying at the RPH anymore. I'll go back to the PBH.

I stayed for my first time at RPH 6-9-6-14 and I was not impressed at all. The first night (after a hot day at the park), I returned to the hotel to take a relaxing shower only to find there was no hot water. I called the front desk and was informed that they had a power outage and that was the reason for this. Also, the ice machine on my floor was out of order and I had to go another floor to get ice. The next night the ice machine did not have any ice and went to another floor and it was empty as well. I ran into another guest who was having the same problem. A bell hop said he would bring up ice to both of us in a few minutes. I haven't seen that bag of ice yet. I did call down to the front desk and complained about the ice situation and also mentioned the no hot water deal from the night before. The person I spoke to said that there was a fire in the hotel the day before and that was the reason there wasn't any hot water and she would check on the ice. I told her this was my first stay at the hotel and I was not impressed. She informed me that she had stayed at the hotel herself and she thought it was fine. Anyway she tranferred me to someone else. This lady offered $50 off my room and a breakfest buffet comp for my inconvenience. I later ordered room service and requested ice. They sent a pitcher of ice water and 2 glasses of ice water. On the 3rd day, I was able to get ice from the ice machine and also had a ice bag (I didn't have one the 2nd day). The 4th day, housekeeping didn't empty the melted ice from the bag in the bucket, nor did they leave a fresh a bag. I emptied the water and guess what, no ice in the ice machine. I called down and they brought up a bag to me. The last night, no ice bag, but I was able to get ice from the ice machine. The hotel was very noisy. I had a pool view room. It was as if i was at the pool instead of my room. I could hear everything. The guests on my floor were noisy as well. I could even hear people walking down the hall in flip flops. I won't be staying at the RPH anymore. I'll go back to the PBH.

Sorry that your first stay at RPR was disappointing. I can appreciate the reason why lack of hot water would be annoying/inconvenient but it appeared that you got a room credit and free meal for the inconvenience. The lack of ice, personally, wouldn't spoil a vacation for me but each to their own. As for noisy people, I can't see that the hotel can be expected to have much control over that :confused3

I will be staying at RPR for the first time in August and very much looking forward to it.

Hey girlfriend! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on RPR as we're staying there for the first time in October.:goodvibes

No problems hun, I may not write a trip report since this is supposed to be a relaxing holiday but I will most certainly let you know what I thought of RPR :)

What a shame you didn`t enjoy the RPR.

We stayed for 2 weeks last year and were home less than 2 weeks when we booked again for this year. We love this hotel.

Noisy guests you can get at any hotel. When we stayed at the Buena vista palace we had 2 families who insisited on letting their very young and loud toddlers and children scream and play in the hallways every morning...very early.....well 2 mornings and we complained both to them and to the hotel and it was sorted. Unfortunately in most hotels you will hear other guests, even if they are not making that much noise it`s part of the deal you kinda have when you stay in a hotel. Unless it`s a total disturbance by people, not really the kind of thing you can blame on the hotel.

Sounds as if they compensated you somewhat for the inconvenience. I understand about the water though, but again that could have happened anywhere if it was a power thing.

I can`t wait till October till I`m back at the RPR, our favourite hotel ever :thumbsup2

We have been staying at RPR for 5 years now, [guess you know its our Fav] usually for quite a whie. Never had any noisy guests, and the place is excellent. There is security that patrols the towers all night , so any problems you should phone Star services or front desk and they will get someone on it straight away

Why are the newest discussions all the way back on page 70 and postings fm 2002 on page one? Doesn't it seem newest postings should show up first?? Took me a good while to figure out I was reading 8 year old information...just sayin...it was kinda frustrating.

We'll be visiting in August. What ways are there to get from MCO to the resort? hire a car, taxi, and something about a van? I think those are some of the options I read about. :confused3

If you would, please post how you got there (and back), how much it cost and would you do it that way again.

Thanks in advance for any help!!:)

I have finally read through this whole thread, and it's gotten me even more excited about our first stay at RPR in a few weeks. We've only been to Universal once before, and we stayed offsite, so I'm looking forward to enjoying all the perks of staying onsite this time. Thank you for all the information!

Why are the newest discussions all the way back on page 70 and postings fm 2002 on page one? Doesn't it seem newest postings should show up first?? Took me a good while to figure out I was reading 8 year old information...just sayin...it was kinda frustrating.

That's how all the threads on the Dis show up for me. The first post of the thread is the first thing on page one, and the last post is at the end of the last page. It makes sense to me that it works that way. If I want the most recent information first, I just start at the end of the thread and read backwards. Do other threads show up differently for you?

That's how all message boards work. You read through in chronological order, just like a book.

Can you tell me what the hours/days the food for club level is available, and what selections are available?
Breakfast 7:30-10:00 am
Fruit, Danish, Pastries, Donuts, Cereal, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Bagels, Bread Assortment, Cereal, Milk, Orange Juice

Afternoon Snacks 12:00-3:00 pm
Pretzels, Trail Mix, Spicy Snack Mix, Potato Chips, Granola Bars, PBJ sandwiches

Evening Relaxation (heavy appetizers) 4:30-6:30 pm
Varies nightly, but generally includes salad, a heavy appetizer (usually a pasta dish with a meat), cheese, crackers, tortilla chips, salsa, veggies & dip, PBJ sandwiches

Something Sweet 8:00-9:00 pm
Cookies every night plus 1 or 2 other sweet treats that vary (brownies, butterscotch bars, etc)

Sodas, Water, Coffee, Tea, and Apple Juice are available during club lounge hours (7:00 am to 9:30 pm).

Here's a link to a thread with photos I took last year RPR Club Level Food Photos. We just returned & the food offerings were pretty much the same this year.

Have a great trip!

HI, I'm reposting this to see if anyone replies. Thanks

We'll be visiting in August. What ways are there to get from MCO to the resort? hire a car, taxi, and something about a van? I think those are some of the options I read about.

If you would, please post how you got there (and back), how much it cost and would you do it that way again. I saw a link,maybe mears, that had a fare calculator but I forgot to book mark it. Anyone have that?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

We'll be visiting in August. What ways are there to get from MCO to the resort? hire a car, taxi, and something about a van? I think those are some of the options I read about.

If you would, please post how you got there (and back), how much it cost and would you do it that way again. I saw a link,maybe mears, that had a fare calculator but I forgot to book mark it. Anyone have that?

I generally costs us about $100 for a cab, return. You can ask for a van cab if you like. It is the same price.

When I googled Mears, I came up with this fare calculator on the front page: http://www.mearstransportation.com/ Click on taxi and a taxi fare calculator comes up.

For the price of a cab, we can, and do, rent a car for almost a week. We have split our stays US/IOA 2 or 3 nights and then Disney 6 or 7 nights. We rent from the airport and this way in the evenings, when the park closes, we can drive to dinner. It does cost to park at the resort but the real benefit is that we stop at the store on our way to Disney and have all the water and things we need. We drop the car off at the Dolphin and usually plan a DHS or Epcot day that day. We take Magical Express back to the airport. It is more cost effective IMO, than taking a cab from the airport, again to Disney, and then back to the airport. :thumbsup2 Oh, the cost varies from year to year. Last year it was about $140 if I remember correctly.

Can anyone tell me about Mears ride share system. with just my wife and I, i think the per-person rate for ride share is much better than a taxi. but i have been wondering if anyone can tell me if it is worth the savings. how often do they leave the airport, and do they make many stops or will we be on a bus or van that is only going to RPR?

Hi Everyone. I am looking to stay at RPR this September for a 4 day trip to enjoy WWoHP (I am ALMOST as big a Potter fan as I am a Disney fan :rotfl:). This will be my first time staying on Universal Property as I have always stayed on WDW property before. The resort looks amazing and I have read many fantastic things in this thread, but since I am seeing that most of you are all Disney fans as well, can anyone tell me how the RPR rates as compared to the Poly? That has long been my favorite resort in Disney and I am wondering if I will be dissapointed with RPR after being a Poly girl?!?! Thank you for any thoughts/advice you can give!!

Hi Everyone. I am looking to stay at RPR this September for a 4 day trip to enjoy WWoHP (I am ALMOST as big a Potter fan as I am a Disney fan :rotfl:). This will be my first time staying on Universal Property as I have always stayed on WDW property before. The resort looks amazing and I have read many fantastic things in this thread, but since I am seeing that most of you are all Disney fans as well, can anyone tell me how the RPR rates as compared to the Poly? That has long been my favorite resort in Disney and I am wondering if I will be dissapointed with RPR after being a Poly girl?!?! Thank you for any thoughts/advice you can give!!

I'm probably not a good person to answer this as I'm a newbie to Universal and am booked for my very first stay at RPR August 29th-Sept 4th, but I can tell you RPR is MUCH cheaper than the Poly. The Lowes resorts have a special going where the longer you stay the cheaper it is. For my six nights I'm paying just $129.00/night (plus tax). I also bought an AP and the stay more/save more rate beat the AP rate for those dates. I'd like to stay there again for 3 nights in mid Oct and early Dec, but for some reason can't find any discounted rates for those nights.:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter