ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning to stay on-site Universal for the first night of our next trip. Since I have not done this before, I have a coupld questions. We will be going early spring break 2016.

1. How do you all book your hotel for Universal. I know with Disney, I book on the website as soon as it is available and just pray for a discount to present itself.

2. It will be me, DH and DD(17) going. They are more interested in the thrill rides. If we get there around 10am and "check in", do you 1 and 1/2 days will be enough to see everything since we will have the express passes?

I books through Loews ... http://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR

You should be able to get most stuff done. The express pass makes a huge difference but a few of the rides don't have express.

You should be able to get most stuff done. The express pass makes a huge difference but a few of the rides don't have express.

Thanks! I didn't think about that. After I get my maps and we decide what we all want to do, I will need to look at that too.

Stayed at the RPR this weekend and the renovations are currently being done on the top three floors of tower one. It is easy to see at night as it looks like they have some kind of permit on the windows.

I noticed the same thing last week. :) No wonder it was sold out when I was there but felt so quiet!

It's the same this weekend. Hotel is sold out but hadn't felt crowded at all.

Parks have been packed but expected with the holiday weekend.

Hi! I am getting ready to book a June reservation at RPR. Question about the views: on the standard view, is there ever any issue with highway noise? The Unofficial Guide makes it sound like some rooms have an issue with this. Second, would all rooms classified as water view also have a view of the theme park? Any noise issues on these rooms? I might splurge for this if it's worthwhile. Seeing the Hulk in the distance would be a fun view.

We have stayed at RPR once before, but our room overlooked a grassy area that had absolutely no noise at all.

Thanks!

Hi! I am getting ready to book a June reservation at RPR. Question about the views: on the standard view, is there ever any issue with highway noise? The Unofficial Guide makes it sound like some rooms have an issue with this. Second, would all rooms classified as water view also have a view of the theme park? Any noise issues on these rooms? I might splurge for this if it's worthwhile. Seeing the Hulk in the distance would be a fun view.

We have stayed at RPR once before, but our room overlooked a grassy area that had absolutely no noise at all.

Thanks!

water view will give you a view of the canal or pool.
and ususally with it will be some view of the park.
there are some standard rooms that will have partial park/water views.
depends on the tower you are in and wing in the hotel.

the only noise i have ever experienced inside my room at rpr were kids screaming outside my door or running and yelling up and down the corridor.

no complaints on highway noise inside the room.

Which is quicker - to take the boat or walk to the park? We are staying over this weekend at the RPR and are not sure which park we will hit first, but we do want to be there early for whatever is open the hour before. How often do the boats run and do you usually have to wait for several boats, or do you get right on? They look small.

Which is quicker - to take the boat or walk to the park? We are staying over this weekend at the RPR and are not sure which park we will hit first, but we do want to be there early for whatever is open the hour before. How often do the boats run and do you usually have to wait for several boats, or do you get right on? They look small.

I would just walk. By the time you go and wait for a boat, then it's about a 7 minute ride, you could be at the gate. It's a very short 5-10 min walk depending on your speed.

I would just walk. By the time you go and wait for a boat, then it's about a 7 minute ride, you could be at the gate.

And if you're going to IOA, the boat dock is actually beyond the entrance to it. And you're on the other side of the water. So you have to leave the boat dock area, backtrack where you just were, cross the bridge and enter IOA.

Boat vs walk is always a tricky one. I have a knack at making the wrong decision; walk when the boat was right there loading as we would have gotten to it (you can tell when the boat passes you 2 minutes into your walk). Or choose to take the boat when the boat has just left, and now I have to wait for it.

We never take the boat to IOA. It just makes no sense. If we are going to Universal, we'll take it if it is there. Either way, we are happy to walk. It is a gorgeous walk.

i always use the boat if it is night time.

if a boat is just pulling away from the hotel and i don't see another one lined up, then i walk to the park.

Sometimes if we are going to Studios, if the boat is there we'll take it.

But if going to IOA then we walk........as previously said the boat takes you past the entrance to IOA so it's better to walk, and yes the walk is lovely :thumbsup2

Spent 5 nights there and never took the boat once. We did take a pedicab driver's offer for a ride once. She was cute!

We are planning to stay on-site Universal for the first night of our next trip. Since I have not done this before, I have a coupld questions. We will be going early spring break 2016.

1. How do you all book your hotel for Universal. I know with Disney, I book on the website as soon as it is available and just pray for a discount to present itself.
We called the hotel and booked that way. Know that they do require one nights deposit. By that evening the money for the room had already come out of my acct.

2. It will be me, DH and DD(17) going. They are more interested in the thrill rides. If we get there around 10am and "check in", do you 1 and 1/2 days will be enough to see everything since we will have the express passes?

We arrived very early about 6:15 am for the early admission. We were checked in as our room was not ready and given dummy keys. We went to the kiosk and with each persons room key and ticket was able to get express pass for everyone. We did this so we would have early entry two days then left the park about 2:30pm the next day so we could leave and check in at WDW
We loved RPR except we did not get the assessable room we asked for and we were at the very far end of tower 2. Lots of additional walking.

I've seen a lot of people talking about spending one night at a Universal hotel to get the express passes and wondering if they'll get everything done in the two days/one night they allow themselves to stay here.

Why rush it? The Universal parks and hotels are truly wonderful! Stay a little longer and take your time....stop and smell the roses :goodvibes. Instead of rushing through things, stay for 3 or 4 nights at least and allow yourselves to relax and enjoy every wonderful thing that Universal has to offer; parks within walking distance, great thrill rides and kiddy attractions, unlimited express pass for the duration of stay at the deluxe resorts, the wonderful restaurants at City Walk, and the atmosphere and decor at the RPR is so peaceful and offer many family activities with the torch lighting/dive-in movies/pool side fun. Stay longer and truly experience these beautiful parks and resorts! We have 4 nights booked for our upcoming vacation in August 2015 and I'm not sure that this will be long enough to thoroughly do Universal :cool2:. In the past we've stayed at RPR for at least 3 nights and sometimes 4....I love it and I never get bored looking for something to do :).

Can someone estimate how much time we'll need to check into the hotel and get our FOTL passes for early entry on the day of our arrival? We will be arriving the night before and staying offsite the first night, but can arrive at Royal Pacific whenever we need to. This will be June 18th (a Thursday, but after everyone is out of school)

I've read that you can check in as early as 6:00a.m., but the park hours for our first day are 9:00am to 9:00pm, so even with early entry, the park will open at 8:00am.

Are there crowds at the resort at 6:00am that would make it take two hours to check in, get FOTL passes and head over to the park entrance (which I've read is a 10 minute walk from the hotel)? Or are there crowds at the park entrance that require getting to the entrance at 7:00 for an 8:00 early entry?

I'll make sure our family gets there when we need to get there, but if we could all sleep a little later that would be OK too :dance3:

It doesn't take long to get checked in and get the passes. As long as there isn't a line up, it shouldn't be more than 15 minutes.

You just go over to the machine, slide in your room key and have the picture taken. Out will pop your express pass. It is that fast and simple.

Can someone estimate how much time we'll need to check into the hotel and get our FOTL passes for early entry on the day of our arrival? We will be arriving the night before and staying offsite the first night, but can arrive at Royal Pacific whenever we need to. This will be June 18th (a Thursday, but after everyone is out of school)

I've read that you can check in as early as 6:00a.m., but the park hours for our first day are 9:00am to 9:00pm, so even with early entry, the park will open at 8:00am.

Are there crowds at the resort at 6:00am that would make it take two hours to check in, get FOTL passes and head over to the park entrance (which I've read is a 10 minute walk from the hotel)? Or are there crowds at the park entrance that require getting to the entrance at 7:00 for an 8:00 early entry?

I'll make sure our family gets there when we need to get there, but if we could all sleep a little later that would be OK too :dance3:

At 6AM, very few, if any, guests will be ahead of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter