ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Bumpershoot, I think you missed a few details, but I will clarify:

I should have added that we also talked to a manager. I don't recall the exact wording of his title, but we were told that he was the concierge level manager, and we had to wait a solid 5minutes for him to get to the lobby. He gave us the third degree. I posted this so others could avoid the kind of treatment we experienced.

He asked us for the name of the staff member who told us we could return. We said we didn't recall; he pressed further, "Was it was a man or a woman?" He said was going to talk to them, and that the chef only stocks enough food for their paid guests. They expect guests to leave by noon at the latest.

We countered that EP goes until park close, so we thought it reasonable to think CL also went until 9pm.

That is when he finally said he would make a one time exception for us. I don't recall his exact wording, but he implied we were taking food from someone else, and that we weren't supposed to ask anything of the lounge staff.

We are youfirst members, but didn't request late check out, because we transferred to a different US hotel.

If you already booked another of the onsite hotels, why did you return to the hotel you checked out from ?

I was under the impression you went to club to relax until you left for a flight

I would have to reread your post about that as looks like I had the wrong impression

Sometimes I scan thru threads quickly and guess that is what I did here, my mistake

I had some friends that just returned from their stay but their access key was valid for club level after the checked out

They had a late flight of 8 pm and hung out in the club lounge until they left for mco

They did not mention anything to me of the change you went through

If they entered the lounge before 3pm and stayed in the lounge, then they would not have encountered the same situation we did. We also didn't specifically request late check out. We did our best to get out of the room before 8am.
US/Loews service is a bit quirky at times. Most of the staff are VERY warm and friendly, especially the lounge staff!

But the few times we've encountered problems, the staff has often been unprofessional and snippy.

Like I once called to modify a reservation. I was well before the cancelation date. The reservationist was downright snippy. No people skills at all.

There have been other incidents as well, where the hotel staff didn't communicate with each other, then took it out on us. I get the impression they are not getting enough resolution training.

I'm sure we'll go back, but we don't currently have any plans.

If they entered the lounge before 3pm and stayed in the lounge, then they would not have encountered the same situation we did. We also didn't specifically request late check out. We did our best to get out of the room before 8am.
US/Loews service is a bit quirky at times. Most of the staff are VERY warm and friendly, especially the lounge staff!

But the few times we've encountered problems, the staff has often been unprofessional and snippy.

Like I once called to modify a reservation. I was well before the cancelation date. The reservationist was downright snippy. No people skills at all.

I don't doubt you, but I have to say that wasn't what we or people we know experienced.

We moved in and out of the Club Lounge after usual check out time. Now, whether that was unusual I'm not sure but we've never had that issue and as I said friends who are from the UK have had the same experience as us.

It's a shame you came across snippy staff.........thankfully in all our visits we haven't experienced anything like that at RPR. Never dealt with Loews staff.

We should try to get a definitive answer on that club situation because it does come up quite a bit. Maybe while all the peeps are down during HHN, someone can talk to the hotel manager about it.

We should try to get a definitive answer on that club situation because it does come up quite a bit. Maybe while all the peeps are down during HHN, someone can talk to the hotel manager about it.

It could even be just down to how busy or not busy they are.........

If you already booked another of the onsite hotels, why did you return to the hotel you checked out from ?

I was under the impression you went to club to relax until you left for a flight

I would have to reread your post about that as looks like I had the wrong impression

Sometimes I scan thru threads quickly and guess that is what I did here, my mistake
I'm not sure how I was unclear.

Every August morning we aim to be in the parks during the coolest hours, and crowds are light.

Why return to RP? It was our last chance to visit RP's lounge. WDW's CL's allow access until 10pm closing, and Express Pass continues until 9pm.

A glass of lemonade and a little lettuce didn't seem like a big deal to us.

That would be great. I have lots of experience working with the public, so I try hard to be a good guest. I try hard to give staff the benefit of the doubt, because I know how difficult the public can be. :)

We aren't out to break any rules, that's why we asked if we could return.

Hi everyone. I'm back to the dark side! I just booked a RPR garden view room from Dec. 7th to the 11th for Lisa and me. We're very excited. We haven't stayed on property at UO since 2012. It's great to be back. Thought about booking Sapphire Falls but we couldn't pass up EP. Also looking forward to all of the new stuff since our last visit: King Kong, the new Hulk, NBC Sports Grill and Brew, and the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.

Hi everyone. I'm back to the dark side! I just booked a RPR garden view room from Dec. 7th to the 11th for Lisa and me. We're very excited. We haven't stayed on property at UO since 2012. It's great to be back. Thought about booking Sapphire Falls but we couldn't pass up EP. Also looking forward to all of the new stuff since our last visit: King Kong, the new Hulk, NBC Sports Grill and Brew, and the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.

Hey..........nice to see you back again.........been a while!

EP is hard to pass up.......and yep, been a few changes.........

That would be great. I have lots of experience working with the public, so I try hard to be a good guest. I try hard to give staff the benefit of the doubt, because I know how difficult the public can be. :)

We aren't out to break any rules, that's why we asked if we could return.

Of course! It is just frustrating when there doesn't seem to be a clear policy.

Thrilled you stop in here homie!!
Glad you are here

Was it the year before last we ran into each other in the bus?
Are you doing split stay this year?

You'll have the bestest trip at rph
Tell Lisa I said hey !

I'm always thrilled when friends I have met over the years drop in at the darkside forums

Brings back special memories!

Thrilled you stop in here homie!!
Glad you are here

Was it the year before last we ran into each other in the bus?
Are you doing split stay this year?

You'll have the bestest trip at rph
Tell Lisa I said hey !

Thanks, Mac.

I believe we crossed paths last year at the bus stop at All Star Sports.

Yes. Our trip in December is a split stay, with the first 4 days at Disney's CSR, and the second 4 days at RPR.

Next week, we have a 4 night stay at Disney YC for the Food & Wine Festival. No HHNs for us this year.

I relayed your hi to Lisa, and she says hi back. ☺

Yes I do remember last year

I started talking to Lisa while in the line for the bus and you turned around

Kind of like, oh ! There you are. Lol
I'll be at the motherland this month also
Food and wine is kewl !

Yes I do remember last year

I started talking to Lisa while in the line for the bus and you turned around

Kind of like, oh ! There you are. Lol
I'll be at the motherland this month also
Food and wine is kewl !

Lol. Yep, that's how I recall it too.

We're at the motherland from Sept. 21 to the 25th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter