royal pacific or hard rock???

ilanakan

DIS Veteran
For a family of 5, 2 adults, dd 17, dd 12 and dd 6, which hotel is more suitable? At club level which is best?

If you are all planning on staying in one room, the Hard Rock rooms are bigger than the RPR.

In case swimming is part of your decision, Universal resort guests are encouraged to pool hop. So don't make a hotel decision based on the pool.

I agree with the others, based on ages of kids and size of room, HRH is probably the better choice for you. We have stayed at both. While I prefer the Royal Pacific setting, I do also like Hard Rock. We were able to get a deluxe at HRH which gave us a lot more room, but even the regular rooms are bigger than those at RPR. Also, my DS & his friend really liked HRH a lot, and the walk to the parks was great. Never walked from RPR, just took the boat, which was also nice. We haven't done club, so can't help you there. I believe that you can request a deluxe room with CL, but no guarantee that you will get one. If you reserve a deluxe specifically, it will not be CL.

If you are driving bring a blow up bed, then you won't need a roll away. Even at RPR you can move the furniture around and fit a blow up bed or roll away, but it is tight. You will have fun which ever you decide. :thumbsup2

The poolscape is a big factor in my decision for any resort hotel:). You can pool hop (and we've been forced to when base hotel is out of service several times at RPR) but between the boats & shuttle service it burns more time than we are willing to commit to a short break from the park.

HRH has been off our list since it quit participating in the youfirst perc program. My teen sons absolutely loved the vibe. DH & I enjoyed the displays of memorabilia, the easy walk and the pool area. My only quibble is the staff's attitude has often been a bit too laid back/casual for what I expect at a deluxe resort in the attempt to appeal to hipsters;)

OP - you really can't go wrong with any of the three onsite choices:thumbsup2, they are true deluxe resorts and we try to work in a split stay there whenever we spend a week in the Orlando area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter