Royal Court's "Special Table"

Zandy595

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f
USA Today

An elegant, 10-person circular table sits at the center of the Royal Court. While it's prominently positioned in the manner of a traditional cruise ship Captain's Table, Disney doesn't call it that as the Disney Fantasy's captain won't regularly eat at it.

13pg-vertical.jpg

Who gets to sit at this table when the captain isn't there? Just officers?
Do all the restaurants have a special table or just RC?
Does Royal Palace on the Dream have one of these tables?

The Dream had one that sat 16 people and I got the idea that there were concierge guests sitting there. I didn't notice if the other restaurants had a "special Table"

We sat at this table with our party of ten (six kids and four adults) on our 5-night double dip last July. It was a pretty neat table, but there was nothing in particular that would have made them "pick" us for the table. We weren't concierge, and neither of the families was platinum. My daughter loved being underneath all of the glass slippers though!

Actually, the captain and crew don't eat in the dining rooms usually, it just depends on who they have as a large enough group to fill the table, and what party they pick first.

We felt so special and Lubo our head server told us each glass slipper on the chandelier is the price of a midsized car.
We had a great time sitting there
Deepirate:
Ps we were ocean view cabins not concierge. I chalked it up to pixie dust :)

On our January 2012 5-day cruise, our first dining room was Royal Palace.

When we arrived and told the staff our table number, they replied: "ah...the very best table in the house".

Of course, we thought they were trained to say that about any table. Turns out we were assigned the "special" table through sheer luck.

We did merge our reservation with my brother-in-law/sister-in-law so we had exactly 10 people dining together (4 adults and 6 kids). Guess we just won the Dream dining "lottery" and were lucky enough to have Royal Palace twice in our dining rotation during our cruise. Sitting under that chandelier two times was a real treat...
DisneyCruise093.jpg

On our 15th? cruise on the Wonder in 2006 we dined with Cpt.Henry, his wife and Tom McAlpin the then President of DCL.
An invitation was sent to our cabin and were to RSVP his assistant.
The "special meal" was in the private room at Palo-I believe there were 12 or so.
We took a group pic and we handed a copy of the menu as a parting gift.
We had a different "the very best and freshest captain selected menu" from Palo-not the Palo Menu. Best meal of my life!!

We cruised the Dream 3 times/DCl 22 and don't ever remember the Captain having a table in the regular dinning room-maybe at lunch time with staff members occasionaly.

Scott

We have very rarely seen the Captain or any officers eating in the main dining room. On our Med cruise, the captain had extended family on the cruise, so he and his wife dined most nights with their extended family in the dining room. It has usually been the same--someone in an officer's uniform will eat with a particular family. In one case, the Youth Activities manager was with her family--she explained to us that special permission had been granted to allow her to spend time with them in that way.

The "special" table seems to be a matter of having the right size of group.

We also were invited to Dine with the Captain (Tom) on the Magic a few years ago....unfortunately due to an emergency the Captain could not join us but Mr. McAlpin hosted the dinner. There was about 10 of us and we had a large table in Palo. Very enjoyable evening.

No one at the table knew the particulars on why any of us were invited. We had at least 12 cruises by then but some were first time cruisers.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter