Royal Court or Enchanted Garden for formal??

thegrays

just monkeying around
My DD17 & DD12 have always liked dressing up for formal night and going to Lumiere's when on the Magic, since it is a more elegant setting than Parrot Cay or Animator's Palette, in their opinion. We are planning on an October Eastern cruise on the Fantasy, and I want to know which restaurant you think is more of a 'formal' setting, Enchanted Garden or Royal Court?

Both were very nice and a different atmosphere from AP. I would say Royal Court is probably a little more formal looking than EG.

It's funny, it really depends on your table...and I know that does you no good for planning...lol

In RC, our table was way off to the side, between a sort of retaining-style wall and a kitchen door....so NOT formal!

In EG it was more central so we really got the feel of an elegant evening, and it was potentially lovely in both....

So basically, what I'm left with after that, is that either would be fine (or not, as the case may be) because your table placement seems to determine what you see, if you see anything. RC was the one we were assigned to the most on our 7 night, and all we experienced was the wall & the kitchen... :sad2:

EG, the fountain in the middle of the restaurant is beautiful and I felt like I was eating in Belle's garden. The flowers lights open and the light along the back wall slowly changes from daylight to sunset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter