Royal carriage swap-#1 STROLLER-MISSING-FOUND-MISSING AGAIN

What are the three most important accessories to you, as a swapper?

• Stroller storage bag for stroller's protection

• The Kiddopotamus Sun Shade-extra shade, stroller has a standard shade

• A fan that attaches to the stroller with batteries

• Mommy hook

• Tire Pump and gauge

• Double Rain Cover

• Instruction booklet

• Fix-a-flate for tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, you need to get a DVR!!! I never watch shows when they are actually on. Always late at night or while I sip my coffee after DD7 gets on the bus. Oh, but that will be over Wednesday. DANG!

1000 ??!!!!! Wow! Do you have muscles like Popeye! You do now! But that's a huge freebie! Those pavers cost a lot! Our patio looks great but at least 1 of my DDs won't be attending college! :rotfl2:

We have looked at the DVR idea but cable here is so much money I refuse to give anymore money to them.

The pavers were a huge bonus. My Sis and her DH bought a house that they are demolishing and building on the lot so everything was going to the dump. The demo crew arrived this a.m. I am very pleased as I know how much we are saving!!! My arms are a little sore this a.m but I think the shocks on my poor CRV took a bigger beating ;)

On other note I cannot believe that I am down to 87 days before our trip:banana: I have to start getting those lists together!!

We have looked at the DVR idea but cable here is so much money I refuse to give anymore money to them.

Try TIVO. We had this before we got FIOS and I love TIVO way more than FIOS. We had originally purchased the lifetime plan, so no way was I giving that up to pay a monthly fee to FIOS :happytv:. Instead, we put the FIOS DVR in the living room, and moved TIVO into the master bedroom. That way DH can watch his Discovery shows, and I can watch my shows while I'm ironing, getting ready for bed or unwinding.

DH keeps pestering me to get another TIVO box so we can ditch the FIOS DVR. I like the FIOS guide better, but I do hate the DVR properties.

Laural

RC#1 did not have a storage bag when I had it at the end of May.

Also, they couldn't locate the stroller in luggage services when I went to get it. Turns out it was parked outside with the electric scooter things. We walked by it originally, but I thought someone had just left it there while going in the building. So look around for a blue stroller if they can't locate it.

Try TIVO. We had this before we got FIOS and I love TIVO way more than FIOS. We had originally purchased the lifetime plan, so no way was I giving that up to pay a monthly fee to FIOS :happytv:. Instead, we put the FIOS DVR in the living room, and moved TIVO into the master bedroom. That way DH can watch his Discovery shows, and I can watch my shows while I'm ironing, getting ready for bed or unwinding.

DH keeps pestering me to get another TIVO box so we can ditch the FIOS DVR. I like the FIOS guide better, but I do hate the DVR properties.

Laural

Can you tell me what the differences are between FIOS/DVR and TIVO? I guess I didn't realize that you could have a TIVO and still use Verizon...thought Vz made you have to use their system.

I'd love to save $$$ and not have to pay monthly fees for a DVR...

Thx!

So....I am pretty new to all of this. I have been reading all the negative posts on here. I am shocked that people can be so rude over this. I agree with what many have said before....it is an AMAZING service for those involved....and a risky one. Strollers have issues, parts break, DIS changes the rules, etc. But never for one second has Parkers*momma threw her hands up in the air and walked away....even though I am sure there have been several times it would have been the easy thing to do. Instead, she has toughed it out for the sake of everyone in the swap. God bless this woman!!! :hug: Also, THANK YOU, Nelep and Disneynuts777, for your help in keeping this going. And as for all the whining....PUT YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND DEAL WITH IT! On a happy note....we leave for my kids first *surprise* Disney trip in one month.....WOOOHOOOO!!!!! :cloud9:

Also, Parkers*Momma....Please tell your son THANK YOU for his service to our country!! I am so very thankful..... :flower3:

:rotfl: I've never heard it put that way but I really did need the laugh after today! Thank you!

and You're welcome from Both myself and Bootsie. :)

We had another swapper drop out so I moved two other swappers from #3. Which means we are going to have a swap closed down on 9/17!

I'm planning on keeping track of the other 4 swaps and since #3 will basically be in perfect shape for the last swapper in the swap, I'll exchange it with one of the other strollers. Then I'll bring the damaged stroller home, recondition it (sew the seat, fix whatever) and donating it to the Children's home here.

HOW COOL!

We had another swapper drop out so I moved two other swappers from #3. Which means we are going to have a swap closed down on 9/17!

I'm planning on keeping track of the other 4 swaps and since #3 will basically be in perfect shape for the last swapper in the swap, I'll exchange it with one of the other strollers. Then I'll bring the damaged stroller home, recondition it (sew the seat, fix whatever) and donating it to the Children's home here.

HOW COOL!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Laural

Wish I could... but my choices where I live in Canada are Rogers for cable or Bell for Satellite. Not exactly alot of choice. The cable company also owns the high speed internet service and one of our wireless phone networks!!!!!!!!!!!! When DH worked for them a few years back it was great but now he is not and the bills are killer!!!! Maybe I am crazy and I just think it is really expensive. So just to lay it out there....my bills per month are Cable (Basic+120 extra channels) $92.00.
High speed Internet-$70.00
Cell phone- Family plan(my self and the 2 DD's) 100 daytime minutes each per month, unlimited after 7p.m and weekends...the 2 DD's have unlimited texting. $169.00
So as you can see I am already spending a small fortune to one company and I am not giving them anymore!!!!

I don't know what company you use for cable, but with DirecTV, they gave us the TIVO for free and we pay just a few dollars a month for the service. In fact, we have two TIVOs and got both for free at different times. When we had to replace our TV recently, we bought a HDTV and I called to see what kind of deal they had if we chose to upgrade to HDTV programming and they told me that they would send us a HD TIVO for free. Many times, I think you just have to ask.

Anyone interested in stroller sitting for stroller #1--June 14-28 and Stroller #4--June 18-27. It's a long time for the strollers to be sitting in Luggage Services.

Anyone??

Good Morning!

I just got off the phone with princesses&pirates. She is reallying enjoying her use of the strollers and NO RAIN!

She's going to check to see if the seats are there today and shipping #1's seat over to the next swapper. She did bump into stroller #1 while it was parked at a restaurant and noticed the shade was in worse shape than hers. Taped, frayed, etc. so she decided she is going to send the new shade she bought and donated for #2, over to #1 with the new seat. BLESS HER HEART! So #1 will be perfect as soon as starrynyt gets there next week. Starrynyt, could you please take down something to mark the stroller with my information? It could be something as simple as a luggage tag or a paint pen to mark the stroller. I'll PM you my information.

#2 does need a new shade-it's not in good shape but was in better shape than #1. Would someone using #2 be interested in donating a new shade and attaching my information to it?

#4 does have a wobble in the front but it definitely isn't the tire. The wobble is basically while it is empty. princesses&pirates has her screwdriver handy and is going to see what can be done with it. She (as did a couple other swappers) feel it can be fixed by tightening a couple screws or maybe loosing them up a little. She is going to work on it. WONDERFUL SWAPPER!

Thank you princesses&pirates for looking after the stroller! With wonderful swappers like this, we definitely will make it to the end of the year.

Good Morning!

I just got off the phone with princesses&pirates. She is reallying enjoying her use of the strollers and NO RAIN!

She's going to check to see if the seats are there today and shipping #1's seat over to the next swapper. She did bump into stroller #1 while it was parked at a restaurant and noticed the shade was in worse shape than hers. Taped, frayed, etc. so she decided she is going to send the new shade she bought and donated for #2, over to #1 with the new seat. BLESS HER HEART! So #1 will be perfect as soon as starrynyt gets there next week. Starrynyt, could you please take down something to mark the stroller with my information? It could be something as simple as a luggage tag or a paint pen to mark the stroller. I'll PM you my information.

#2 does need a new shade-it's not in good shape but was in better shape than #1. Would someone using #2 be interested in donating a new shade and attaching my information to it?

#4 does have a wobble in the front but it definitely isn't the tire. The wobble is basically while it is empty. princesses&pirates has her screwdriver handy and is going to see what can be done with it. She (as did a couple other swappers) feel it can be fixed by tightening a couple screws or maybe loosing them up a little. She is going to work on it. WONDERFUL SWAPPER!

Thank you princesses&pirates for looking after the stroller! With wonderful swappers like this, we definitely will make it to the end of the year.

:cheer2::cheer2: Wonderful!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

The stroller wobbles when it is empty. That is just the way it has always been (even on a new one). It's just the way it is balanced when it is empty. We just put our diaper bag in the seat and that helped.

Hey! I just realized this will be my first trip in 7 years without a diaper bag :woohoo: :cloud9: :love: :yay: :cheer2: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
Maybe next time I can go without a stroller!!!

Maddi, I haven't heard from Amandam. could you PM me her contact info? We leave on Friday!!

I'm trying to get in touch with mickeymom24. Please let me know if you are still in for RC #2. I have not heard from you yet about any arrangements for me getting the stroller after you.

Thanks!!

The stroller wobbles when it is empty. That is just the way it has always been (even on a new one). It's just the way it is balanced when it is empty. We just put our diaper bag in the seat and that helped.

Hey! I just realized this will be my first trip in 7 years without a diaper bag :woohoo: :cloud9: :love: :yay: :cheer2: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
Maybe next time I can go without a stroller!!!

Maddi, I haven't heard from Amandam. could you PM me her contact info? We leave on Friday!!

I had the stroller #4 before princesses&pirates and I worried a bit about the wheel because it wobbled as soon as I picked it up, but I figured it was part of the design. It would be good to know so other swappers don't worry too much :goodvibes

#4 won't fit through the gate very well at MK but does fine at the other parks. It also didn't fit through our room door at the Contemporary (FYI). I used a single kiddopotamus shade to stretch across and that helped tremendously. I would recommend bringing additional shade for the summer, especially if you have little ones and the double would work much better.

You are right about princesses&pirates :thumbsup2 She is a very sweet girl and helpful in keeping these strollers in good condition!

One more thing ... I tried to leave the stroller at ASM with luggage services and they told me they were closed and refused to take it. I had to call Casey (princesses&pirates) in her room very late at night to come and get it. Just thought I would pass that on in case someone else planned on a late-night drop-off :cloud9:

Thanks for the opportunity to use the stroller. My guys loved the ride and slept well in them too!

Blessings :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter