Royal carriage swap-#1 STROLLER-MISSING-FOUND-MISSING AGAIN

What are the three most important accessories to you, as a swapper?

• Stroller storage bag for stroller's protection

• The Kiddopotamus Sun Shade-extra shade, stroller has a standard shade

• A fan that attaches to the stroller with batteries

• Mommy hook

• Tire Pump and gauge

• Double Rain Cover

• Instruction booklet

• Fix-a-flate for tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in!! We leave in 61 days, if anything comes up with RC2 that we can help with you just let us know!! All of the hard work and dedication to this swap will not go to waste!! We are on a mission now!!:cheer2: Thank you parkersmomma for taking such good care of us!!:grouphug:

I've got alot of work to do to make this a free swap. Removing the amount then all those pesky lil green $$...uggghhhh that should keep me busy for a while.

Please all swappers. I know you are concerned...we aren't going anywhere if I can help it.

Also, PLEASE don't post anymore on AKAM4TM's thread. You will be given points which isn't good plus if you really say things out of line you could be banned. I don't want that to happen to any of you. The higher ups have spoken and we will have to abide by their decision.

And I do want to put this out there for the royal carriage swappers:
I haven't made a profit. Those of you who were the original swappers know that since I didn't have current records...I marked everyone paid. So of you haven't even been to WDW yet. I left many of the #5 swappers pay DEBRAW76 because after we had made the arrangement for us to get her stroller, old #5 was damaged and a new one was needed. So I had swappers pay her--she will vouch for this, I'm sure...plus so will the swappers who paid her as they know they never paid me. I personally collected enough to purchase #3 and #4, to pay for shipping of #3, I just had $175.00 worth of parts delivered to fix the strollers and enough to ship them down. At any point and time, if someone would like to see my CC bills, the shipping bills, the bank account...I will gladly get them rounded up and to you.

I'm not making a profit...especially $5,200! OMG we could have had gold plated strollers for that amount!:lmao:

I'm going to finish getting the first post ready...emailing everyone...plus I'm sitting on about 3 dozen PM's that need addressed and finish up the rules for the new and improved swap.

For those who are pulling out...understandable....but I'm hoping you will put faith in your fellow swappers to help make this swap continue as it always has in the past.

Maddi

Can I please get into one of the double stroller swaps for 7/28-8/6. We are staying at POP and both #4 and #5 are available for our dates. I have never done this before, but #4 seems to work the best as it is in use until the day we check in and again as of the day we check out. I figure a person-to-person exchange could be worked out in both cases. I will PM you. Thanks!

HI everyone.

I think I have everything up to code so the swap can continue. All references to payments deleted, all $$ removed, mailing information deleted. If anyone sees anything else that needs to be done so we aren't locked, let me know.

I think I answered all the PM's in my box. If you didn't get an answer to your PM...pm me again. At last count, I was up to 49 before I caught up...busy lil beavers, weren't you?

I do have to work tomorrow...YUCKY...but rest assure I will be here tomorrow night trying to get the new first post up and emailing EVERYONE in the swap so everyone knows what steps we have taken plus what kind of commitment it is going to take to continue the swap with the same standards we have grown accustom too. :) It's really important we are all on the same page to keep this going as it has in the past.

If you were one of the several new swappers who PM'd me, I will get back to you as soon as possible. With all due respect, it may take a day or two until I insure that the current swappers are taken care of with the changes. Just bear with us for a few days. If it something that you really need help with immediately...you can PM NELEP as she is my right hand gal and friend- I hope she is still my friend anyway:rotfl: j/k

(tho those of you wondering why I have been saying this a lot lately---in the past 6 weeks with all the things that have happened everytime I get down in the dumps about something or totally stressing over it...SOMEONE threatens not to be my friend if I don't chill out!.....mmmmmwonder who that is??)

And Ladies and Gentlemen:
WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE BUT UP! A few bumps never stopped us before and surely isn't going to stop us today!

now my head is splitting and I'm going to take so meds then call it a night. Have a good night everyone.

Maddi,

THANK YOU!!!! you really are a wonderful human being and an awesome swap master!!!! I am on board 100% with the new swap rules you are setting up and do whatever i can to help when its my turn with RC#5. I will PM my email address to you in a moment to make sure its up to date and look forward to moving up and going from good to great!!! thank you so much again!!!

Swappers! What a day! Glad you all are sticking around:grouphug:

We'll get things sorted out. Your input is so important to making this swap a long-term thing. Keep it coming. I know that Parkers*Momma really appreciates your dedication. What a great group of people you are!

I just have to say that I am literally sick over the nasty mud slinging that went on over on the "other" thread. It was so uncalled for. I just don't get it. Like I said, I have become friends with Parkers*Momma because of this swap. As I get to know her and the wonderful things she does outside the DISboards (yes, she is a VERY busy woman), there is NO WAY she is doing this for a profit. She is seriously doing this because she wants to help people. God bless her!

I'll talk to you all tomorrow! Good evening!

I am glad the RC swap is sticking around:thumbsup
If we all work together we CAN make it work and thrive!!

I have gotten to use the RC swap already, and unfortuately I'm not sure when our next trip to WDW will be.:(

This swap worked out so great for us, I wish all the new swappers well in that it can be as good for each of you.

Parkers*momma, you amaze me. I'm sure with you behind this, things are going to work out. Nelep, you too are great. Love the tips.
I was so shocked by the nasty thread about the closure of swaps/shares.:scared1: People hidden behind a computer screen can be soooooo rude. We, in the swaps know the great benefit of them and how much they helped our trips.

Peace, Love, and Pixie Dust to you all.

Maddi - you've done such a great job with this swap and I'm sure everyone here can help this swap move forward as a free swap. I have RC #3 in Sept/Oct and I'm more than willing to donate whatever is needed at that time.

Good Morning Swappers!!!!

I've only a few minutes this morning. Today is my early day at work but I will be here tonight for sure! I'm taking my laptop so I can get everything finished at work then I can just copy/paste tonight when I get home. Poor boss isn't going to get much out of me today but the swap will be taken care of perfectly.:lmao:

Thank you for being AWESOME swappers and more so, GREAT friends. I'm eternally thankful that everyone wasn't to continue and that even a few who were going to dro out decided to stay. This can and WILL still be the best swap on the boards and why??? Because there isn't a greater bunch of DIS'ers anywhere on DISBOARDS.

I did have another thought I wanted to through out there as a possibility. As I said before, we do have old #4 and Old #5 that if push comes to shove we can part them out to maintain the strollers that are there. That wouldn't leave us a back-up but we would have safe strollers a little longer. I wanted to through that option out there for debate. What does everyone think?

Have a great day and as soon as I get home tonight, I'll be here:)

Maddi

Thank you so much for the hard work! Personally speaking as a coach for youth sports, I know first hand how hard it can be to facilitate anything!!!
Keep up the good work!!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Maddi -

I will have both a Royal and the Tinkerbelle during my stay Sept 5th-13th for my Grand Gathering. Seeing as my sweet husband will be the only adult male during our trip, I am sure he would LOVE the distraction of doing some major cleaning, repairs ect. If you find that you don't have place for one of the other RC, send it our way during our stay and he can work on that too. With the 5 little kids on the trip (and one college student:rotfl:), they will all be taking naps and there will be plenty of down time.

You have done such an amazing job, and even though I know a few misinformed Dis'ers maintain you are making tons of money of this (which is COMPLETELY FALSE), I for one wish you were, you are entitled to it. You work so hard to keep this going and make it possible for all of us to have qualitity strollers for a more than affordable price. Renting what I would have needed at Disney would have cost me $368.00! - and I would not have had a stroller for the kids outside of the parks. The 333.00 I have saved will create a very special night for my family, so

Thank you for doing this,:flower3:

Thank you for all your hard work,:surfweb:

Thank you for keeping this going, your amazing!:worship:

I'm still on board, too! Let me know if you need something fixed when we're there in May. We'll be there May 9-16. We have RC #3 for a few days and then RC #1. :yay:

Again, Thank you for everything. You put a lot of work into this and people should be praising you more not putting there ignorant two cents in. I read through all of the pages in that post last night and I could not believe the things that were said.

As I was going to sleep last night I had a thought. Now I know this is completely untrue but let's just say you did make $2000. dollars a year off of this board. Would anyone else put in an entire YEAR worth of work day in and day out, full of emails, phone calls, detective and repair work for $2000. dollars? No way! What does that work out to .10 cents an hour! :lmao: It is so rediculous for them to call this board a gold mine! Come on, they obviously did not read through the posts and see that you are just doing this out of the goodness of your heart. You don't need anymore agravation than the next person but you continue to go forward and find other solutions.

I just wanted to get my feelings out and say Thank you again!

As my 2 1/2 year old would say "two thumbs up" to Maddi :)

Right now, we're still in the swap, but our trip isn't until November. I'm a little nervous since we moved our trip up by 6 weeks. Our baby will now only be 4 months old instead of 6 months, so I'm wondering if he'll be ok in this stroller or if it's going to be too big for him? The reviews I've read say 6months so I'm hoping he won't be too small!

I just want to say that although i do not know you Maddi, I think you do an excellent job and put in alot of work for all of us! I am a little nervous (my swap is in September) but i am rolling with it...the worse thing that can happen is that the swap may not happen...we will still have an awesome vacation! no worries! I think that you are an angel for coordinating all of this, and asking for nothing in return, and to even take time out of your life when problems occur...I think it is rediculous when people talk out of their hind side, but it is emotion they are after and to be negative (misery LOVES company) I for one am grateful and thankful for you Maddi!:flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter