Royal carriage swap-#1 STROLLER-MISSING-FOUND-MISSING AGAIN

What are the three most important accessories to you, as a swapper?

• Stroller storage bag for stroller's protection

• The Kiddopotamus Sun Shade-extra shade, stroller has a standard shade

• A fan that attaches to the stroller with batteries

• Mommy hook

• Tire Pump and gauge

• Double Rain Cover

• Instruction booklet

• Fix-a-flate for tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is no issues with #1 at all? I'm getting my swaps confused!:sad2:

OK...so I need to send a seat down for #2 plus tape for #1 and #2. UGHHHHHH now I am getting confused. Let's just get all the strollers up to perfection and I won't have to worry about a swapper getting a yucky stroller.;)

Ok...Let me try this again:
Haganfam5 and mickeeemouse (instead of hygienejean) Stroller #2 will be up to par by the time you get to WDW so you won't have to worry about a gummy seat belt or a filthy seat.

Wahooooo....I think I've got it this time!

WOW! Thank you so much and thank you to ryan240 (sorry if I got the numbers wrong :) ) for putting on the new seat for #2. I wouldn't be any good at that stuff.

I have to say though, I hadn't been on here since my last post and I cannot believe what a hard time you are having! It is all so rediculous! There are truely too many inconsiderate people in this world. I honestly cannot understand what goes through their heads? Even if something happened accidently, the fact that they are not reporting it to you makes them look even more shady. It's such a shame :confused:.

Parkersmom, don't give up on the swaps. It reminds me of the saying about one rotten apple spoiling the bunch. I am sure you have helped many many more people and that is a wonderful thing.

I was going to ask you about your phone number, Just in case there is any problem. I saw a couple of posts back that your number is on the stroller. Is is on a tag or written on it?

Again, all your hard work is appreciated and thank you!

Oh, someone had mentioned about my custom outfits. Thank you for the compliment and I am in the Disboutiquers thread #11 and #12 in the family section. I haven't posted anything new on #13 (the current thread. Busy planning for vacay and getting more customs ready) but I am sure you can search my posts and find my stuff. I'm not an expert, and I don't sell things. I just have a passion for sewing things for my kds.

So, mistreating strollers stinks! I am new. I had to find places to post to be able to PM. I promise to treat the stroller better than if it was my own. I personally think an itemized list with each stroller is a great idea! I had to sign up for two different swaps to cover all my Disney days. I have enough trouble remembering what is supposed to come with each stroller when I am sitting at my computer. It is possible that an accessory could have been misplaced and not noticed by a swapper or two. That doesn't excuse the broken seats, screwed up wheels, etc.

You are doing a great job and I can't imagine the stress you have dealing with all of this.

You guys have literally made me cry. All day, while at work, I have been worrying myself silly that swappers were going to be upset with me, sad and depressed that this has happened and I'm leaving swappers down, and lastly, can I get these strollers up and running in perfect condition--like yesterday instead of the end of the week.

Then I come home and see that swappers are concerned for the welfare of the swaps. I really and truly needed the moral boost that I rec'ved from everyone today. Even perfect strangers who aren't signed up in our swap was kind enough to voice their concerned and opinions. THIS is why I love Disboards and doing the swaps...such a wonderful place and caring members.

Our higher up(AKA M4TM) has read our PMs about the issues. Alas, her power on DISBOARDS doesn't allow her to make such a monumental decision for the swap. BUT she has graciously forwarded both PMs to her higher up, the webmaster. Hopefully Pete will have a few minutes to read the PM, to visit our thread to see not only the commitment we have towards the swap but will see the true need for the possible deposit, limiting swapper of low post count or length of tenure. All of these items have to be approved via him. I'm truly not trying to make this a snobville swap but only trying to protect the strollers for ALL of the wonderful swappers who signed up to use the strollers.

msreneau offered some light on the strollers and again...it is an issue of low count swappers and possibly over wiegh swappers. It sounds as tho #5 has issues clear back then as there was a steering problem--hence bent/broken weld. Sadly, at that point #5 was less than a month old.

I'm off to make some calls to INSTEP and research the model number of #3, #4, and #5. The new seats for #1, #2, and old #4 didn't arrive today :(, so hopefully tomorrow. Since it is going to be a while ( a week or so if I order replacement parts for #3, #4, and #5) I'm going to try to work some magic...get old #4 put back together and ship it out to the next swapper. and have new #4 shipped home. It definitely needs some tender loving care!

I'm better than I was last night when I was notified of all of the problems. Rest assured...this swap isn't going anywhere except UP! It's going to be better than ever before for our swappers!!!

And as NELEP said....I would NEVER dream of kicking anyone out of the swap. Might hunt them down like a mad dog...but would never kick anyone out. :rotfl:

We've all be newbies at one point or time. It's just some of us got so sucked into DISBOARDS that we will never leave even if they were to close WDW!:rotfl: It's an Addiction I tell ya! At times my DH promises to put me in DA--Disboards Anonymous. Let him try, I will fight him to the death over my DIS!:rotfl:

And as NELEP said....I would NEVER dream of kicking anyone out of the swap. Might hunt them down like a mad dog...but would never kick anyone out. :rotfl:

We've all be newbies at one point or time. It's just some of us got so sucked into DISBOARDS that we will never leave even if they were to close WDW!:rotfl: It's an Addiction I tell ya! At times my DH promises to put me in DA--Disboards Anonymous. Let him try, I will fight him to the death over my DIS!:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: this is me completely, i may not have the posts, but i certainly spend WAY too much time on here reading!!!

Again, i am very glad to hear if we are in the swap we can stay and if you need any fixing or sorting or adding while i am at WDW i will gladly cleanup, adjust, fix, etc anything i can on the stroller. if you do hear before we are there that #5 needs any add ons, let me know which ones and i will gladly donate a add on or two to the stroller.

Thanks again for all you do, you are awesome!

Yay! I just found out our wait list came through so now we'll be at Animal Kingdom Villas at the end of our stay too. Just that pesky weekend in the middle messing things up... :p We leave in 9 days, I can't believe it's almost here!

We'll make sure the strollers look as good as possible when we leave them for the incoming swappers. I'll keep the old seats for #1 and #2 and see what I can do for them when I get back home and I'll let Maddi know if they can be saved or not. If it's just a matter of stains I'm pretty sure I can knock those out with some oxy-clean, or maybe if they're really bad some RIT dye. I'm pretty crafty when it comes to stains, and fixing up strollers too. I keep mine looking as new as possible cuz I tend to use them for a year or two and then "outgrow" that model and need to get top dollar to pay for the next one. :thumbsup2 In the last 5.5 years we've gone from big travel single to lightweight single, then from tandem double to side by side double and we were in the market for a sit n stand when we found this swap and decided not to buy a new one so we're down to just an umbrella for the 3 year old. I'm almost as addicted to strollers as I am to WDW! :rotfl:

Hi everyone!

I leave tomorrow and I am supposed to pick up RC 1. should I take before AND after pics? Is that the plan?

I have been running around like crazy getting the last minute details together. We are surpriseing our kids with the trip tomorrow! They actually think we are driving to PA and going to Amish country! hee hee! Won't they just die when we tell them where they are REALLY going!

;)

RC1 has no stains either. It is really in fine shape except for the tear in the seat (which was a non issue for us) and the handle bars (again not much of an issue). The stroller pushes so easy too!!

But PMomma:hug: my whole family was just awed by you and running this swap. It just makes me mad that some people have such a disrespect of items. When we go back again I would do a stroller swap and think the idea of a deposit is smart.:thumbsup2

So hang in there Maddie.... :grouphug:

PS. Is there anyway that the stroller that should be new is the missing one? Is that even possible?:confused3

I was thinking today that a few pointed questions might help as you are scheduling swappers. You need to point out that the weight limit is 100lbs total and 65lbs?? for each side and ask who will be riding in the stroller and will they fit. A reminder that these aren't the same "unlimited weight" type strollers like the Disney ones might help.

I found a review site that said some of the strollers have the backboard broken when a child using the shoulder straps pulls really hard against them and when they or the string in the back is tightened up too much.

I seen this also, so it might be a somewhat manufactor problem, but still a little care and this won't happen. I've awaiting a return call from INSTEP on this issue to see what the higher ups say.

FYI...A lil bird told me that one of her swappers were having an issue with a their stroller. When they went to the parks that day, they went to stroller rental to see if they could use a couple tools. The CM asked them to leave the stroller there and he would look at it..and left them borrow one of Disney's for the day. I'm not saying to do this....just that I heard that it indeed happen. ;) Luckily for us, we have parts coming in and being shipped to WDW, just to bad for a few days a couple of swappers have to deal with wobbley wheels and broken backboards.;);). Maybe those of you with handy dandy fix-it Tim Taylor Dhs might be able to "borrow" a few tools at the stroller rental places.;);)

OMG...I am so bad but I do feel horrible for those of you who are being affected but this.

I was thinking today that a few pointed questions might help as you are scheduling swappers. You need to point out that the weight limit is 100lbs total and 65lbs?? for each side and ask who will be riding in the stroller and will they fit. A reminder that these aren't the same "unlimited weight" type strollers like the Disney ones might help.

I found a review site that said some of the strollers have the backboard broken when a child using the shoulder straps pulls really hard against them and when they or the string in the back is tightened up too much.

Yep, already thought of that. Asking ages and wieght before scheduling swappers....sad it has to happen but we need to look at these things to keep the strollers in the parks and not in the fix-it shop.

You don't check a thread for two days and all he** breaks loose. Anyway, I am stunned! People never cease to amaze me - and not necessarily in a good way. As a newbie poster, I would totally understand if the amount of deposit had to go up (especially since I haven't been to the bank to get a check yet). I would also understand if there was a limit imposed that would not allow me to participate. I think it incredibly unfortunate that people would take advantage of this situation and treat the property of others so poorly. Anyway, keep me informed, I am still interested and my kids only weigh 30 and 40 pounds!

You don't check a thread for two days and all he** breaks loose. Anyway, I am stunned! People never cease to amaze me - and not necessarily in a good way. As a newbie poster, I would totally understand if the amount of deposit had to go up (especially since I haven't been to the bank to get a check yet). I would also understand if there was a limit imposed that would not allow me to participate. I think it incredibly unfortunate that people would take advantage of this situation and treat the property of others so poorly. Anyway, keep me informed, I am still interested and my kids only weigh 30 and 40 pounds!

sweetie, nothing has changed and if it does...it doesn't affect current swappers when coming to post count or tenure on Disboards.

It was put in front of the higher ups. I haven't a clue how Pete will feels and DIsboards is his baby. I totally respect his decisions so if he decides against deposits that's ok, maybe he can give us some input as how to protect the interest of all the swappers.

You are IN the swap..that isn't going to change. Only thing that might change is the way things are handle with incoming swappers (post count & tenure).

I will add this, periodically I PM unpaid swappers. What I thought about doing is PM'ing everyone once a month...a quick "hi, and a few things about the swap plus a few reminders." type of thing. there is this magically little box I can click on each PM I send "Request a read receipt for this message" which lets me know if a PM has been read- it doesn't even have to be answered, it will just show me that the swapper is current on the boards if they read the PM. If it isn't read within 10 days, I could send an email to the email address provided when a swapper signs up. If it bounces back, ignored, or no reply within another 10 days, a swapper would be removed from a swap. What does everyone think of this idea. This might help or at least remind everyone of their responsibilities towards the swap.

What does everyone think of this?

I will add this, periodically I PM unpaid swappers. What I thought about doing is PM'ing everyone once a month...a quick "hi, and a few things about the swap plus a few reminders." type of thing. there is this magically little box I can click on each PM I send "Request a read receipt for this message" which lets me know if a PM has been read- it doesn't even have to be answered, it will just show me that the swapper is current on the boards if they read the PM. If it isn't read within 10 days, I could send an email to the email address provided when a swapper signs up. If it bounces back, ignored, or no reply within another 10 days, a swapper would be removed from a swap. What does everyone think of this idea. This might help or at least remind everyone of their responsibilities towards the swap.

What does everyone think of this?

As a new and future swapper, I think that this might be a good way of evaluating a swapper's interest in being involved with the swap community and not just using the community as a "stroller rental" agency. I am concerned that this might increase the amount of time that parkers*momma would have to dedicate to the organization of the swap. I understand that the swap already consumes a good amount of time, I'd hate to see someone burn out on it because it becomes a part-time job.

I think your last idea is a great one. If people only come once to sign up, then disappear never to be seen again, it'll help weed them out. I don't post everyday, but I certainly check in to read what's going on here and there every day or two. Even if someone just pops in for a minute to check messages, you'll know they're still around.

Hopefully, they agree to let you take deposits as well. If someone (swapper, not higher up at DIS) has a problem with that, then they don't need to be in the swap anyway. JMO.

As a new and future swapper, I think that this might be a good way of evaluating a swapper's interest in being involved with the swap community and not just using the community as a "stroller rental" agency. I am concerned that this might increase the amount of time that parkers*momma would have to dedicate to the organization of the swap. I understand that the swap already consumes a good amount of time, I'd hate to see someone burn out on it because it becomes a part-time job.

hehehe....me burn out...I don't see that happening. If I wasn't here working on the tinkerbelle swap, the royal carriage swaps, a possible fridge swap(I know, I know i'm nuts) I would be all over DIS, posting comments and probably getting points because ppl outside this thread doesn't always understand my "humor":scared1:

Honestly, it keeps me out of trouble :), gives me something better to do than watch the telly or play pogo, and (looking around to make sure my boss isn't around) lately, I've been taking my laptop to work. I'll open all my PM's at home then answer them on word at work(no net there) so when I get home at night I just have to copy and paste, update swappers (incoming & cancellations), the books, etc.. What can I say, the economy has made my job slow down so much that I was getting bored there. What a better way to pass the time than to work on DISBOARD things.

Plus I have a great support group of swappers so if I feel the pressure they are there picking me up, dusting me off and pushing me forward(sometimes shoving me forward):thumbsup2, I Have NELEP as my right hand gal and good friend who threatens me daily lately she won't be my friend if I give up:lmao:, plus I have this crazy notion my life would end if there wasn't DISBOARDS and this swap. I know my marriage would end because DH would have to give up the remote and let me watch HOUSE, BONES, Chef Ramsy. I really do like being married to that man of mine!:rotfl: so I have to stay busy on DISBOARDS. :)

Just my opinion, I am a newbie but I would totally be open to the idea of a deposit or pictures or whatever else parkers momma would deem appropriate. I would be soooo embarrassed and upset if something happened to the stroller when it was in my care. I would want to pay for it or replace it or something. It just amazes me that some people would give so little consideration to the families that follow them on the swap. Again, just my opinion.
Parkers momma, you are doing a GREAT job of making sure that no one on this swap is without a stroller and we certainly appreciate all the time that you spend and EVERYTHING that you are doing for all of us.

i agree completely about the PM idea. if someone isnt invested in caring enough to answer a PM after 10 days, how can they care about a stroller? Definitely a good idea for future swaps, etc.

parkers mamma would it be possible to make up a list of rules (reminders to the swappers who can't remember how to use others property_ to put on each stroller with lamenate around them. This way it would be looking them straight in the face when they are using it or folding it up. Rules such as: Remember to clean up after yourselves if something is spilled in the stroller. Absolutely not standing in the stroller. Remember to pick up the front of the stroller when going over curbs. And at the end put something like remember to keep this stroller in absolutely new condition and treat it as your own. Sometimes people need something right in there face to remind them how to treat property, others of us already know how to do that. I always say to my kids treat others like you like to be treated yourself. I don't know just an idea not sure if this is possible or not. Thanks for all of your hard work again.:goodvibes

parkers mamma would it be possible to make up a list of rules (reminders to the swappers who can't remember how to use others property_ to put on each stroller with lamenate around them. This way it would be looking them straight in the face when they are using it or folding it up. Rules such as: Remember to clean up after yourselves if something is spilled in the stroller. Absolutely not standing in the stroller. Remember to pick up the front of the stroller when going over curbs. And at the end put something like remember to keep this stroller in absolutely new condition and treat it as your own. Sometimes people need something right in there face to remind them how to treat property, others of us already know how to do that. I always say to my kids treat others like you like to be treated yourself. I don't know just an idea not sure if this is possible or not. Thanks for all of your hard work again.:goodvibes

It is most definitely a good idea. Plus I work at the school on Fridays so I could lamenate it there. Wonderful thinking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter