Royal carriage swap-#1 STROLLER-MISSING-FOUND-MISSING AGAIN

What are the three most important accessories to you, as a swapper?

• Stroller storage bag for stroller's protection

• The Kiddopotamus Sun Shade-extra shade, stroller has a standard shade

• A fan that attaches to the stroller with batteries

• Mommy hook

• Tire Pump and gauge

• Double Rain Cover

• Instruction booklet

• Fix-a-flate for tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, this is my first Disney trip with my girls. Their ages when we go in August will be 5 and almost 2. If anyone want to share tips or suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Here's some tips for you (found on the first page of the thread). There's been some more... I'll find them and repost.

Parker's Momma - can you add the new tips to the list on the first page? Thanks!

NELEP'S TIPS

No car? No problem!!!!
1. The stroller is big, but not too heavy. It folds up (latch on the side). But carrying a folded stroller is definitely a job for DH!
2. BUSES: We took the stroller on the bus every day, several times! Fold it up and carry it on. Most bus drivers will open the back door for DH to get on with the stroller. Then stand by the back door for easy off.
3. MONORAIL: Wheel that baby on! No need to fold it. :banana:
4. BOAT: Here’s the scoop – on the small boats you need to fold the stroller. But the BIG boats, you just roll it on. YIPPEE! :yay:

Rain Rain Go Away!
Keep the rain cover in the bottom basket so you have it with you! The cover fits over the top of the stroller and just barely covers the front edge of the seats. However, the edge of the seats will get wet when the wind blows and shifts the cover. So…. with the rain cover on, park the stroller with the wind coming to the back of it. It will help a little in keeping the seats dry. Laying a plastic poncho on edge of the seats would help too.

For swappers using FORT WILDERNESS as the drop off/pick up resort:
The desk clerk told me "We don't give claim checks here. Other resorts give claim checks, but we don't."
She was insistant that they do not provide claim checks. I nicely asked to speak to a manager. The manager (Beth) immediately pulled out a claim check to attach to the stroller bag. But she said that the only reason she had them is that she got them from another resort. So I think they have a supply of claim checks, but it is not their standard practice to use them at Fort Wilderness.
Having said that... ALWAYS GET A CLAIM CHECK!!!!! Be nice about it, but ask for one.

Do you know about the PARENT SWITCH?

The parent switch is where one parent (or adult friend) has to stay back with a child who is not big enough/or doesn't want to ride. Go to the beginning of the line and tell the attendant you need a parent switch ticket. Usually the whole family has to go so that the attendant can see the adult and child that are staying back. He will give that adult a special ticket.
After the riding adult is done, the other parent can go on. HERE'S THE GREAT PART: The next parent gets to bring 2 people and gets to go through the fast pass lane. :banana:
Couple this with a Fast Pass and you are golden!!! Virtually no wait!!

Random Tip: FAST PASSES
OK. I assume we all know how to use Fast Passes (FP). If you don't, read up baby! Never, never wait in a 2 hour standby line. YIKES!
When you get a FP, the pass will say what time you can return to ride. There is a one hour window printed on the pass. So, for example, you can return between 11:15 and 12:15.
But did you know....
The FP is actually good any time AFTER the return time printed on the ticket!!! So, if your return time is 11:15, you can return and ride any time after 11:15. (The 12:15 time means nothing!). I asked so many people if they knew this - and no one did!

Here's a couple more.
Parkers Momma - please add these to the first page! Thanks!

Good morning friends!

Random Tip: Animal Kingdom SECRET Entrance!

We are big on getting to the parks at "Rope Drop." The parks open at 9 but they open the turnstyles earlier and let the masses of people in the park up to a rope. There are usually BIG lines at the turnstyles waiting for them to open.

So.... there's a SECRET turnstyle at Animal Kingdom. It's in back of the Rain Forest Cafe, located just outside the entrance at AK. Walk through the gift shop at the RFC and go all the way to the back. You'll see a big glass door/wall (that's usually open). Walk through the door and you'll see a single turnstyle, with a really SHORT line! :cool1: Of course, you join the other people at the rope, but you avoid the masses at the turnstyles. Or, if you're there later than 9 and the lines at the turnstyles are long, casually walk over the Rain Forest Cafe, but...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Don't tell anyone!

Random Tip: Toy Story Mania

Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios is an AWESOME ride! And because of this, the standby line can be hours long. If you want to ride this ride and not waste time in line, GET YOUR FASTPASS AS SOON AS YOU ENTER THE PARK! FPs tend to run out (they won't issue anymore) at 11:00 a.m. And remember, your FP is good anytime AFTER the first time stated on the ticket (see previous FP tip).

Random Tip: HS Character Greet

Did you know that there is an indoor/air conditioned place to meet characters at Hollywood Studios... often with little to no wait? Meet characters like Sourcerer Mickey, Mr and Mrs Incredible and Frozone, Bolt and more.

It's inside The Magic of Disney Animation (located to the LEFT of Playhouse Disney Live on Stage). Typically, guests see the Animation "show" and then procede out to meet the characters. But you don't have to see the show Go to the back of the gift shop at MDA and walk through the hallways (ask a CM in the gift shop where the characters are and they'll point you in the right direction). Try to time this BEFORE the MDA show lets out. It's a really nice set up and we got some great photos there! Don't forget your autograph books!

Random Tip: HS Character Greet

Did you know that there is an indoor/air conditioned place to meet characters at Hollywood Studios... often with little to no wait? Meet characters like Sourcerer Mickey, Mr and Mrs Incredible and Frozone, Bolt and more.

It's inside The Magic of Disney Animation (located to the LEFT of Playhouse Disney Live on Stage). Typically, guests see the Animation "show" and then procede out to meet the characters. But you don't have to see the show Go to the back of the gift shop at MDA and walk through the hallways (ask a CM in the gift shop where the characters are and they'll point you in the right direction). Try to time this BEFORE the MDA show lets out. It's a really nice set up and we got some great photos there! Don't forget your autograph books!

I love this! I'll have to remember this for my trip next week!

I hope Miprender got off okay today! Let's all wish her great weather and a great time!

I love this! I'll have to remember this for my trip next week!

I hope Miprender got off okay today! Let's all wish her great weather and a great time!

I talked to a friend down there a little while ago. She left Saturday and said it was around 80 the first couple days then it was 65 yesterday and 75 today, but 80 or so tomorrow and on. :goodvibes

I thought I read a little while back that the stroller #3 was MIA but a different one had shown up in it's place. Did I imagine this?

I thought I read a little while back that the stroller #3 was MIA but a different one had shown up in it's place. Did I imagine this?

RC 3 is NOT missing. But, no, you did not imagine it! It's a LOOOONG story. The short of it is that a swapper slipped in a the last minute. By mistake, the stroller got delivered to the resort of the swapper B4 the last minute swapper. An honest mistake.

Everything is fine and dandy with RC 3. Knock on wood!!!!

Great News! I tried to look through to see but didn't see what ended up happening. Thanks for the info!:cheer2:

Hello everyone,
Just got back from our first trip......:sad1:
Had an amazing time, weather was perfect (mid 80's) except last day(60's) which at least made it easier to leave!!
Crowds were managable, although were definitely picking up at the end of our trip.

RC#1 worked out perfectly. Couldn't have survived without it. Such a blessing. Didn't need the rain cover, only rained the morning we had planned to sleep in!!:woohoo: I used a clear poncho ripped down the side and tied it in the back.

Nelep, we took many of your tips, rider switch was awesome. Our oldest two rode every ride twice in a row. No waits. I was second in line for TSM fastpass. Wish I had known about the character greet at DHS (next time!)Thanks for the tips.

I did take the stroller by taxi to POFQ for miprender. It barley fit in the trunk of the Mears cab. He left it open for the trip. Although we didn't take the wheel or front bar off.

zarvgirl

Zarvgirl - Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time! Isn't the rider switch great?!!! My DD7 and DD4 rode all those rides several times too! :cool1: Glad you had fun.

Even though your trip is over :sad2:, please stick with the RC thread.... it's more than just a stroller swap... it's a community! HA! I'm truly a DORK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter