• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roy Suite vs Walt Disney Suite

calmom

Just a dream and a wind to carry me...
Ok, I know you can't do wrong with either - but I am wondering what people prefer who have either visited or stayed in either or both. We currently are booked in the Roy suite for 2007. I was thinking it would be nice to have the little extra room due to the piano not being there, but is the piano really nice to have? Besides the wood coloring and the piano, are they the same? Thanks! Lisa

To piano or not to piano - that tis the question!!

Oh to have those worries! I'm worried about that big bed taking up so much space in my cabin that I won't be able to find my shoes!

BuzzBoyMom said:
To piano or not to piano - that tis the question!!!

Yes....of course I told my kids we are getting powdered milk for the next year to help pay for the cost of the room, and no more desserts after dinner. Oh yes, no toys for the holidays, and birthday parties are out. But hey we will have one heck of a week! I try to tell them we are doing it for them but somehow I don't think they are buying that!!
Lisa

I hope you know I was just having fun with you. If you're spending that kind of money - you do deserve a serious answer...

BeanoC has stayed in both suites AND he is cruising right now in the Walt. You might want to PM him with your questions

I know you are joking...my husband isn't joking about switching to powered milk though!! Actually, I don't think they even make that any more. Interesting that our price for the suite for Jan. 07 is just a little bit more than our price for Cat. 4 during the Mexican Riv. cruise this past summer - those summer cruises are expensive! January is our anniversary month, and so we have taken cruises during that time before. But never in a royal suite! Lisa

I would LOVE to book in either of those suites. Would it be too intrusive to ask the ball park figure on cost? does anyone know? It would be 2 adults and 2 children under age 13 (It would take me two years to pay for it!) We are going on our first DCL cruise Nov 06 and I was thinking of saving the deposit to rebook on board for the big suite. Any ideas?

are you ready.....$13,500 for 3 adults 4 kids in May 2006!! It is even worse for us because we have to convert our cdn dollar. But, I am trying not to think of that part and have already converted to powdered milk!!!LOL Am also thinking of braving a canadian winter with no heat ... kids can wear ski jackets inside can't they???? :rotfl:

that said, it is definately worth it to me. This will be our first cruise. My DH has NO interest in cruising so we may only get to go once. I am hoping he has so much fun he will want to go again!!! I do think it would be hard to downgrade on another cruise after experiencing the Roy suite so that may be the only bad part!!

Our cruise in January, with the 10% on board discount, is $10,600 for 2 adults, 3 kids, and one infant. I have heard that in high season it can get up to $18K!! Our cat. 4 for the summer cruise was $9,100! So I can only imagine what cat. 1 was for that one...they told me that Cat. 1 for my sailing was just $600 more than cat. 2. I had put in my request via fax awhile ago, long before they released the schedule. I just am trying to figure out if I should waitlist myself for the Walt suite in order to have the piano, or if perhaps the Roy suite is the best for us. With 6 of us, I thought the extra room might be nice and I just don't know how often - if at all - we would use the piano. And I do like darker wood....which is what the Roy suite has. Lisa

We have the Roy in August of 2006 and it is a little over $10,000 for the 4 of us. Since Sarah is (or will be) under 3 it isn't as expensive as some.

So I called Disney and they said the piano is "non-operational"?? Does anyone know if that is true? That would make it a lot easier-sounds like either is fine by us! Lisa

The Roy is really nice. I stayed there in May 2004 and will be there again in January 2006. I didn't miss not having a piano....especially if it is non-functional! Not that anyone in my family plays anyhow.

It's great to be able to spread out and travel with your family in the same suite without getting in each others way. We also loved having breakfast every day together, in our pajamas, in our dining room.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the Roy....but I have never stayed in the Walt.

Griffin33 - What makes it so special iyo? I would need a real list of "perks" to convince my dh to spend $10,000 for the 4 of us in Nov/Dec 07. I too would need to cut out heat (not that bad in the South) and eat lots of noddle-noodle soup for a full year!

The $10,000 is that a good guess on cost? 2 adults 2 kids 10 & 8

Royal Suite vs. heat and food? Forget about it...get a smaller room. The suite is great but one of the people I travel with refuses to cruise unless he can have the owner's suite (or on DCL, the royal suite). If I was footing the entire bill and it was a struggle to pay for it, I would absolutely stick with a regular room or suite.

That price is pretty accurate depending on when you go...perhaps it's a bit higher.

I'm joking about the noodle noodle soup & heat. But it would take some time to convince my dh to spend that kind of money. A regular suite, that would be good enough but what a magical dream to do the Roy Disney Suite!

calmom said:
I know you are joking...my husband isn't joking about switching to powered milk though!! Actually, I don't think they even make that any more. Lisa

Wow, you must have small children if you don't buying at least some powdered milk. We keep a box around for the frequent times we are run out of fluid milk. 6:30 am is NOT a good time to run to the store for milk when the kids are late for school , and they all want cereal.
So yes, they still make powdered milk, although I also pickup a couple of 3 packs of that high temperature milk that doesn't need to be refridgerated, it comes in those juice pack boxes and is good for a year.

We visited the Walt Suite on our last cruise and the piana is much smaller than I thought it would be. It is kind of a baby baby grand. :) The suite itself is beautiful and if I had the money I would do it! We don't so I'm happy in my cat 7, but it was fun to be able to see it.

We have the Roy for the Sept '06 10nt cruise. We were in a Cat 3 on the Oct 20 Wonder this year and loved it so, we can't wait to be in the Cat 1!

We have stayed in both and when we were in the Walt suite the piano was operational. I preferred the lighter colors of the Walt suite, but not having the piano in the Roy suite gave you much more room. Other than the piano and the decor the suites are mirror images of one another.

Both are fantastic and you will enjoy either. We have the Roy suite booked for June 24, 2006 and I can't wait. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

It is a lot of money, but vacations are what I splurge on and to me it was worth it. Makes it impossible to go back to a regular cabin after having all that room. We sailed in a royal family suite on RCL this past summer and even though it had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, there was no real comparison. they did have a full size balcony, which was nice and an unbelievable amount of storage space. The rest paled next to DCL!!

Enjoy your trip!
Beth

Thanks for all the posts - we are very excited. We aren't going to take any big trips this year (2006) in preparation for our suite! With little ones, it will be so nice to order Palo one night in the room, and enjoy breakfast in our PJs. Can anyone describe the sleeping arrangements? From the website, I think it is: one queen bed in the master, 2 twin beds and 2 pull down beds in the 2nd bathroom, and then on double size pull down bed in the living room. Is that right? Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter