• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

This reminds me that I need to update this journal. So far so good. A little run down but nothing horrific. The biggest obstacle right now to working out is just the shear volume of things to cook, parties to attend, gifts to wrap, and rooms to clean. But also the siren song on couch sitting is really the biggest enemy at the moment.

However I am SO PUMPED to have Monday through next Tuesday off work! Saved my vacation days for the end of this year and it makes me so happy. So as long as I can keep myself healthy I will be able to get my runs in that I was hoping to do before race week is here.

I'm getting very excited not just for the race but everything about Disney in general. I just wish our magic bands would arrive so I have one less thing to be anxious over. I want to enter the weekend with all the anxiety left at home!!

Checking in to update how I'm doing. My brain is scattered so here are some scattered items!

A). I had a cold for a week but I feel like it's on it's way out or almost gone! Please stay away cold til after our Disney trip!
B). My hubby gifted me a Garmin forerunner 220 for xmas and I used it today. I love looking at my wrist for updates. Let me know if you have any Garmin watch tips.
C) I ran 2.56 miles in the rain today. I felt great and it was the weather that brought me in. But I'm happy with that post-cold outing. I ran to Disney music because why not!
D) my magic bands arrived and then their replacements arrived. Long story but they got lost and Disney sent me new ones. The original were found and went on a journey back to me. So we have backups.
E) my in-laws gifted me wth a Minnie sparkle athletic skirt and bows for my running shoes! I will be one of a hundred Minnie's running but I'm happy to be a part of that club! I'm undecided on shirt so far but will post before my trip in case anyone sees me at the 5k. I may still wear my Epcot Minnie shirt.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yay! Lots of shiny new running stuff!!

My biggest Garmin tip is to always make sure to give yourself a few extra minutes in your schedule to find the GPS signal. Usually it'll do it pretty fast, but sometimes (with mine it happens a lot when the weather has been rainy) it takes a while to find those satellites - so either put the watch outside a few minutes before you start to let it find the GPS, or be aware of the fact that once in a while you may have to wait a few minutes to start your run.
(Not sure if that made any sense...)

Yay! Lots of shiny new running stuff!!

My biggest Garmin tip is to always make sure to give yourself a few extra minutes in your schedule to find the GPS signal. Usually it'll do it pretty fast, but sometimes (with mine it happens a lot when the weather has been rainy) it takes a while to find those satellites - so either put the watch outside a few minutes before you start to let it find the GPS, or be aware of the fact that once in a while you may have to wait a few minutes to start your run.
(Not sure if that made any sense...)

Good tip! I forgot to mention that I had accidentally set it to kilometers and not miles and man I thought I was running fast or that my watch was broke. Realized it though and easily switched it to miles!

Checking in to update how I'm doing. My brain is scattered so here are some scattered items!

A). I had a cold for a week but I feel like it's on it's way out or almost gone! Please stay away cold til after our Disney trip!
B). My hubby gifted me a Garmin forerunner 220 for xmas and I used it today. I love looking at my wrist for updates. Let me know if you have any Garmin watch tips.
C) I ran 2.56 miles in the rain today. I felt great and it was the weather that brought me in. But I'm happy with that post-cold outing. I ran to Disney music because why not!
D) my magic bands arrived and then their replacements arrived. Long story but they got lost and Disney sent me new ones. The original were found and went on a journey back to me. So we have backups.
E) my in-laws gifted me wth a Minnie sparkle athletic skirt and bows for my running shoes! I will be one of a hundred Minnie's running but I'm happy to be a part of that club! I'm undecided on shirt so far but will post before my trip in case anyone sees me at the 5k. I may still wear my Epcot Minnie shirt.
View attachment 141441
View attachment 141442

Oh wow I love your minnie stuff!! You'll be so easy to find now!
I have the same watch! My one big tip is to insure you sync and update regularly as this will keep it working quickly and finding satellites fast.

ARE YOU EXCITED??? I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Oh wow I love your minnie stuff!! You'll be so easy to find now!
I have the same watch! My one big tip is to insure you sync and update regularly as this will keep it working quickly and finding satellites fast.

ARE YOU EXCITED??? I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

SO EXCITED! That I went online to Amazon prime and bought this hat. I even paid the $3 bucks to have it delivered tomorrow. Yeah, my plans for a silver epcot theme went out the window but I'm really happy with being a Minnie still, jut the more traditional kind.
amazon hat.jpg
I honestly think I would have been more nervous if this was my first or one of my first races, but since I dove in this year and did a bunch I don't feel pressure about being fast for this one. I really just want to enjoy it.
I am feeling pressure to have the perfect vacation since I'm planning everything for my family and I just am so scared I will get the "why didn't we do this" comment...but I know that is so dumb because everyone is going to have a great tim

Attachments

• 616zMAY6-xL._UL1500_.jpg
    616zMAY6-xL._UL1500_.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3
SO EXCITED! That I went online to Amazon prime and bought this hat. I even paid the $3 bucks to have it delivered tomorrow. Yeah, my plans for a silver epcot theme went out the window but I'm really happy with being a Minnie still, jut the more traditional kind.
View attachment 141905
I honestly think I would have been more nervous if this was my first or one of my first races, but since I dove in this year and did a bunch I don't feel pressure about being fast for this one. I really just want to enjoy it.
I am feeling pressure to have the perfect vacation since I'm planning everything for my family and I just am so scared I will get the "why didn't we do this" comment...but I know that is so dumb because everyone is going to have a great tim

Ye I love the classic minnie outfit I think you'll get some great pictures with it!

That's exactly what I want, I'm not sure if you have much of a plan for the 5k but your pace is about the same as ours and we're planning on a couple of stops and some fun pictures so if we do meet in the coral you are more than welcome to join us... Is your hubby running this one?

Oh I know how you feel, I have planned this whole trip, I picked the resort, booked the ADRs and fastpasses for this whole trip AND I've got a sister that knows her stuff as well so I'm already getting some of the 'why aren't we doing this' and it's easy to get over stressed about it all when in reality you'll be at Disney and if you've made any effort at all it'll just add to what will already be a magical and memorable holiday...

Yesterday my hubby and I did 3 laps outside that were a mile each. The kiddo was with grandparents so we were able to run together which is so nice. It was cooooooold out but since we were doing square laps really only one street was really windy. I ran faster on that street each time. Cold is a good motivator for getting a run over with faster.

We were at a very relaxed paced and with walking .5 mile added in it too us 40 min. He did let me run fast the last .25 miles and that felt good at a 9:20 pace.

I'm loving my Garmin watch and I liked running without eavesdrop or music since I could talk with hubs. If I was solo I'd probably have wanted my music. I've decided 100% that I will be running without music at Disney for my race. I am bringing my phone though for picture taking purposes. I'll just hold it the old fashioned way :)

5 more sleeps till Disney!!! My next step is packing!

I LOVED my 5k experience at Walt Disney World and will report back a race recap with pictures today hopefully. My thread should start hopping again as tomorrow is my first day to tackle a new training program. So I will have details of my new goals and insight into how I am handling a new challenge...where distance will start being added instead of focusing just on speed.

Race Recap time!

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend - Family Fun 5k 1/7/16

Our vacation started the day before the 5k on an early Wed. flight from Chicago to Orlando + MDE ride that had us arriving at our hotel at around 1pm-ish (maybe a little earlier) after stopping at 4 hotels. In hindsight I think it was a lot in one day to travel with a 3 year old and expect to go to the Expo and have plans that night in the park. She was an angel but we were exhausted keeping her happy. Lesson learned to maybe have a "do-nothing travel day" first.
Because we had not had lunch yet and we really wanted my kiddo to see the parade (which she watches on youtube all the time but has never seen in person) we called a cab for my Father-in-Law and I to go to the Expo to grab our packets and everyone else stayed back and had lunch at the Wave. They said the food and service were disappointing which was a shame because I'd heard it was alright. We didn't take the free bus because at that point it was like planes/trains/automobiles and we just did not want to stop at multiple resorts...so it was an expensive trek there and back. But worth it for our sanity. I wish I spent more time in the merchandise section but we were just hungry and over-travelled at that point. I regret not getting a race hoodie or sweaty band...but I guess that is what future half or marathons are for right? Good news...we finally got Casey's hot dogs in MK, saw the parade which everyone loved and I think turned everyone's frowns upside down AND got a text that we had been upgraded to a Magic Kingdom view room at the Bay Lake Tower. Well OK! After a spin on Dumbo and dinner at the Plaza, we dumped an A&E fastpass and a Mine Train FP just to be able to go watch the fireworks from our hotel room balcony and finally finally relax. Well worth it. And we went to bed at like 9pm. (Although we never rode Mine Train the whole trip...we did end up seeing A&E with no line at all after the fireworks on Friday night AND got a personal meeting "kind of" with them and Kristoff after cheering on the last group of half-marathon runners through the castle right after they had everyone leave the MK for park open. So it worked out.)

This was the day I was most excited about and also nervous about. Race day! The night before I set my alarm for 3:45am and I was wide awake with anticipation when it went off. Our 2 bedroom villa had a front entry bathroom and it was my lifesaver since I could just get ready in there without waking up my daughter. I quickly got dressed in my running clothes complete with Minnie mouse running skirt and my Minnie baseball hat. The weather was in the high 50's so I decided to throw on my long sleeve pink running shell over my shirt and to wear capris in stead of shorts under my skirt. I think it ended up being the right decision.
image.jpg
Hubby woke up around 4 and came out to take a picture of me in the gear with my bib pinned to my shirt. And then his Dad emerged dressed and ready to go in his official Pluto 5k t-shirt that we got the day before at the Expo. Since we were ready a bit earlier than we expected to head out to the buses, we just decided to go early. I'm glad that we did because when we arrived at the bus stop there were about 50 people in line already and quickly about twice that lined up behind us. Apparently a bunch of the buses had been filling up at the other resorts and they had not been sending the buses our way yet. A rundisney rep. showed up saying she had four empty buses heading our way just for us. We chatted with a fellow behind us in line who was running for a charity that builds homes for disabled veterans to be disability accessible. He actually builds them too.
After a short wait a bus pulled up and we were pretty close to being in the front for the next bus, and that came right away.
image.jpg

The bus was very warm which was nice because there was a light misty rain going on outside at that point. You could see it in the dark sky more than you could feel it luckily. I did have to do quite a few wipes of my glasses the whole morning but I'll take that over a downpour. One of these days I'm gonna have to just switch to contacts or get better running glasses.
When we were let off the bus we had about a 5 minute walk to the race start area (I really don't think it was longer than that or maybe I was just too excited that it felt like a very short walk) and since neither of us brought a gear-bag to check we got to bypass the bag check line....which was by far way shorter than the non-bag line. 5k people maybe don't pack as much stuff? Sounds about right. I just had my running watch, my phone for pictures and texting the fam, and my magic band. We picked a giant Cigna balloon to meet up at when we finished our race and then looked for our corrals.
image.jpg

I was in B and Grandpa was in C and he said he would run the whole thing straight and I decided to run it but to stop to take some pictures with characters along the way. Spoiler alert...he almost caught up to me. I appreciated the thousands of port o potties and tons of table set up with free water. Being in a corral solo is a weird feeling but I'm chatty and so I was chatting away with anyone near me. Thanks strangers for letting me bug you all so early in the morning! I was nervous about being in the B corral because I wasn't really trying to be fast this time and I didn't want to get in anyone's way who was really fast. But my nerves were calmed when I was chatting with a girl (who had Ariel fin leggings on!) next to me that was a corral B vet and she said my pace I was trying for was totally fine for this corral and that the start is so crowded that you can't really go too fast at first. That calmed my nerves a ton. Before I knew it they were walking corral A up to the starting line and announcing the wheelchair start and then they walked us up and let A go off. Pluto was there to start us and fireworks went off before each corral crossed the start line. The girl was right about it being crowded at first. It actually helped me start slow and work up to an easy pace. I stuck at 10:20ish the entire time which was relaxed and good for me while still being a good clip. I tend to race closer to 9:00 usually, but I just didn't feel like "racing" today. I just stayed in the middle and let any speedsters pass on either side of me. I didn't pass many people but I didn't care.
image.jpg
The first mile was mostly in the parking lot & behind Epcot in the service roads and so not much to look at. So I just focused on keeping moving and passed the time people watching at all the runners in their various run costumes. I was not wearing earplugs or listening to music, but they had big speakers along the entire course playing Disney songs and that was really nice. I heard a Chip n Dale rescue rangers song and didn't realize fast enough that Chip n Dale were on the left side of the street with a short line of people waiting to take pics until I had already ran past. For some reason my brain thought characters would only be on the right side...because right is "slow down" territory. My mistake...almost all of them were on the left. I figured it wouldn't be safe to stop and run backwards to them so I kept going. I also passed up Timon from Lion King because it was a very long line and a cat I think was from Bolt? It seemed the theme was "pets" bc of Pluto being the mascot.
After mile 1 we headed into the World Showcase of Epcot and I had a big grin on my face from ear to ear all the way until the finish line. It was still dark and they had everything lit up with special lighting and they had big torches with fire just like they do for the Illuminations. It was so pretty. All the countries were lit up and were lined with cast members waving to us and cheering us on. I finally saw a character I wanted to take a pic with so I waited behind only about 5 people for Marie the Cat from the movie Arisocats in front of the France pavillion. They took my pic with my phone and then off I went again.
image.jpg

Actually stopping for a brief photo was a nice leg break and I had a good bounce in my step once I got going again. I also walked through all the water stops because I literally could care less about my time...really...I swear. Not too long after that I was entering the "future world" part Epcot and I saw Lilo from Lilo and Stitch. I was obsessed with this movie when it came out. I waited this time behind about 15 people so I was there a bit longer. But I got a really cute picture with her.
image.jpg

There was a brief "out and back" portion around the Land and Seas pavilions and so we were able to cheer for the runners coming and going. On my way around I saw that Stitch was now meeting where Lilo had been, so I bet they just rotate characters the whole time. As I made the straightaway for the big golf ball I got pretty emotional about how happy I was that I finally was running this race I set out to do months and months and months ago. I was wishing it wasn't nearing being over already but also happy that the finish line was coming because that means I did it. I stopped for a selfie in front of the golf ball and then ran for the finish but I didn't sprint because I wanted to look like I wasn't dying in my finish line picture. I somehow got in a big gap where there was no one directly in front or behind me so I think I may have gotten a good picture solo crossing the finish with my hands up in the air. Actually I just took a break to look and the marathonfoto does have 5 awesome pics of me on the finish line looking human! I am going to buy the downloads and will add pictures to my report at a later date.

image.jpg

Definitely my favorite race I have ever done! I didn't PR or set a mileage record but how could you top Epcot in the dark? And all the training all year meant I felt not one ounce of being tired...something I couldn't say back in early 2015. I trained so I could enjoy this moment.
They gave me my Pluto medal and although the race is un-timed because it was a "family fun run" my watch said I did it in 38:09 total elapsed time and 33:29 moving time. So I spent almost 5 minutes in line for characters and some time running off the course and back on for pics. I'm good with that. I still wish I'd seen those Chipmunks sooner! I got my drinks and snacks and then stopped to take my picture in front of the run Disney 5k back drop. They also gave us the silver plastic sheets that you see marathoners get...which seemed funny because this was just a 5k, but then my sweat started reacting with the chilly air and I got chilly and I was thankful for that wrap!!
I stopped by the Cigna balloon not long at all before Grandpa came up to meet me. He ran it in 39 something so really was very close to catching me. I bet if I stopped for one more photo we would have met up. He said he took pics along the way too but not with any characters.
The line for the buses was daunting but our line for our hotel was kind of short. Unfortunately when the first bus pulled up we missed it by one person and had to wait for the next one.
image.jpg

Luckily I scheduled breakfast for 8:15am and so we had some cushion. By the time the bus came and we endured the very very talkative driver (how many times can you saw chug-a-lug over the speakers?) and we got off at our hotel, the rest of the family were checking in for breakfast. Good timing! All the "my legs feel great" feelings turned into "I am a stiff robot" once we got off the bus. I think it was mostly from all the corral and line standing.
Our people were at the table at Chef Mickey's already getting their juice and coffees. I got hugs from my baby and before we knew it Donald was at the table to takes pics. We all got breakfast buffet food and got pictures with Mickey (huge tackle hug from kiddo), Pluto (he really liked my medal with him on it) and Minnie (my costume matched her!) I can't remember much of what I ate because I was both tired and elated and eating everything in site. But it did involve both bacon and a brownie for sure.
We took the short walk back to our hotel so that us runners could shower and change and take little naps. My friend who was doing the full was in town solo to prepare for her marathon on Sunday and her family was arriving later that night. So we had preplanned some of our fast passes weeks ago so that we could hang out this day. The Grandparents headed off to Epcot after a nap I believe and we headed off to the Magic Kingdom. We did manage a late appetizer lunch at Skipper's Canteen (the Arepas were life changing) and our night finished with Hubby and I seeing the Wishes fireworks at the dessert party together. The rest of the family was tired and a castmember refunded us for the people who did not show. I was super sweet in asking and luckily it was no issue.
I could write a novel on the rest of our trip but I will not bore you with that.

Maybe MAYBE I'll do a Disney half someday, but my focus now is on upping my mileage in the Chicago area. My blog will start hopping again with all the nitty gritties of becoming a distance runner.

image.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
I've updated my front page with my 2016 goals. I achieved my 2015 goals and so why not challenge myself to new things in the new year.

2016:
1) Run an 8k (registered, race in April)
2) Run a 10k (registered, race in July)
3) Run a 15k (registered, race in Nov)
4) Complete Evergreen Park challenge again this year (4 local 5k's)
5) PR in 5k (beat 28:51)
6) try to run three times a week as much as life allows. Include some cross train to keep life exciting and to make me stronger
7) hydrate better and eat better this year with end-game being at least 10-15 lbs lighter (current weigh 163 lbs)

I'm using a new program from DopeyBadger that will get me from this week all the way to my 4/3/16 Shamrock Shuffle 8k. Excited for the new challenge and feeling ready for it. Now I just need to grocery shop this weekend and work off all the disney calories from last week :)

Congrats on finishing your first Disney 5K!!
It sounds like you had a ton of fun, which is really what matters most with these races. And 38:09 is a great time, especially if you consider the fact that you're pretty much forced to start slow because of the congestion.

I'm looking forward to reading along as you train for your local races and continue to increase your distance and speed!

Congrats on your first Disney 5k! It was my first Disney 5K as well but not my first overall as I have done many others.

I really enjoyed the race and it sounds like you did as well.

Great pics from the 5K and it sounds like you had a lot of fun! Awesome job! :thumbsup2

Good luck on the goals in 2016! Seeing as you say you're from the Chicago area and I know you talked about doing the Hot Chocolate 5K this year, is the 15K for 2016 that you're registered for the Hot Chocolate one? I'm really hoping to do that this year. :)

Great pics from the 5K and it sounds like you had a lot of fun! Awesome job! :thumbsup2

Good luck on the goals in 2016! Seeing as you say you're from the Chicago area and I know you talked about doing the Hot Chocolate 5K this year, is the 15K for 2016 that you're registered for the Hot Chocolate one? I'm really hoping to do that this year. :)

Yep, that's the 15k that I really want to do at the end of this year. I was jealous of all the people with the big chocolate bar medals and had a blast during the 5k...mostly because of the chocolate at the end. So my big focus is going to be working towards that.

Some new things to talk about now for my journal. First topic is my new @DopeyBadger plan which I had not yet put into my journal due to just being super busy at work (this whole month I've not been updating the excercise or weight loss dis-board threads due to just business...but I promise my will power is at a very high level when it comes to wanting to do this stuff right now...just hard to remember to post about it.)
But it's nice to have these attainable checklists of what to do each day to get me to my 8k in early April. It's been good to have a focus on what pace to do each run at and what day to be easy vs focus on speed/tempo, etc. Without a plan I tend to get a little lost and divert to running the same pace and distance every time.
So I'll talk a little about that and then what my plan has for me this week starting tonight. Everything is treadmill for me at this point so I'm just hoping that the 37 degrees on the forecast for Sunday holds up because that would be great to get back outside for my "long run."
And then my last topic is a new race that my husband and I are going to tackle and it looks amazingly fun.

Topic 1: My "Badger plan"...I'd call it Dopey plan...but I'm not running a Dopey. This plan is to get me from January (post my Disney 5k) all the way up to the Shamrock Shuffle 8k in Chicago...aka the longest mileage race I will have run to date.
I received a very long and informative plan and spreadsheet but I will summarize the key points.
1) Keep an 80% Easy / 20% Hard split
2) Have the longest run in a week not exceed 35% (near impossible on 3-day plan)
3) Try to maintain 3-days a week with as no weekdays above 45 min.
4) Never exceed 3:00 hours in a training run (not applicable)
5) Use Arthur Lydiard method of specialization. The closer we get to 8K day, the less speed work we do and the more tempo like workouts.
The excel sheet also gave me pace goals for the different types of workouts. Based on my current fitness and where I am comfortable for my 5ks. But keeping in mind I'm just trying to complete the new distances, not necessarily set any world records...but racing at my 5k pace would be an awesome goal.
Warm Up/Cool Down 13:09
EA 12:23
EB 11:37
LR 11:14
Tempo 9:37
Speed 9:13
I also am focusing on a bunch of other things to make me a better runner, like hydration/nutrition/posture/etc.

Topic 2: My plan this week. First two weeks are very similar. Next week I get up to 4 miles for my LR though :)
Tuesday (today!) 2.5 Miles at EA 12:23
Thursday 1/21 .5 mi @ WU, 4x800m @speed w resting interval @ WU 400m, .5 mil CD = 3 miles or about 41:27 min (23:01 easy, 18:26 hard.) It sounded tricky all the speed changes but it actually helps pass the time of the workout when it changes up. I'll get better as I keep going at keeping track of these.
Sun 1/24 3 mile LR = ~33:42 minutes

Topic 3: A new race!
My family always visits Ohio every spring to see family. Last year I ran my first 5k (that wasn't me walking) in Cincinatti called the Candy Run. My Aunt and Uncle had told me all about the Flying Pig Marathon series in early May and it was in the back of my mind. My husband suggested we change our Ohio weekend to coincide with the Flying Pig. They offer a bunch of races...a mile, 5k, 10k, half, full. And all the metals have little pigs on them...plus it sounds like it is a very popular race. They have an option to run a 10k, get back in line and then about 30 minutes later run a 5k. That sounds kind of interesting. So I think I definitely want to aim for the 10k and maybe that double race. I'll let you all know how that goes!

Last edited:
I figure it's time to start posting regularly again to keep myself accountable to my plan, since that seemed to work for me last year.
AND....I did my workout like planned yesterday!

An easy (amazing how this year I can even write the word easy for running now) 2.5 miles at my EA pace at good old Planet Fitness. I did do my normal 5 minute cool down walk after just because I like to do that, so I actually registered closer to 2.75 mi when all said and done. Hopefully that doesn't mess up my plan but I just like walking and then stretching after. It was a lazy walk for sure.
Leaving the gym walking to my car I felt like I could easily just go for a run still...if it wasn't like 14 degrees out :(
The gym was PACKED which is normal for January I suppose. Last year this time I was still couch-sitting so this is my first Jan. gym adventure. I thought maybe I'd be more annoyed but it was fine. Maybe because there were enough treadmills for me to find one easily, my tune may have changed if there was nothing for me to use. P.F. have a bajillion treadmills so I could see it being more difficult at other gyms that aren't so cardio-machine-heavy.

My hubby signed up for a sprint tri-atholon in Naperville, IL for August. He just registered today. His next swim practice is tonight and he bought a little machine for our basement where you can strap your bike in it and turns it into a stationary bike essentially. I'm super proud of him. I have no desire to try one (swimming is just not my thing...unless we are talking about lounging in a hotel pool.) But I think him training for that will motivate me to keep my run training up. We can feed off each other.

And now let's talk clothes!
Today is the last day for this deal and it is in stores only right now...but if anyone is interested...
This weekend we were at the mall to get Cheesecake factory (yes, I know that is not part of the nutrition plan to be a better runner, but it was my birthday) and on our way out there were big posters at V.S. for free sport pant up to $72.50 with a sports bra purchase. Now first thought is ACK that's an expensive pair of pants. And then my husband says "go in there and find something, I'll watch the baby."
Well the price of their sports bras makes me revile a little bit. But when I found one that was very cute and in my head combined it with the very expensive free pant (of which they only had like 6 larges left) it came out to basically Target prices for each. So I tried it on in the changing room and I miraculously turned into some kind of VS Angel super model in the mirror. They must have trick lighting or something...or they must angle the mirrors somehow...or maybe I was just very very well "supported" bc I was feeling myself and trust me when I say that happens maybe once per year in changing rooms. Usually I feel quite the opposite about my curvy physique.
You can only get the deal on one pair of pants and I bet they are pretty limited in what is left...but just throwing it out there.

I'll add pics here of what I got (pics of product, not of me in product, sorry!) The pants are actually more of a pink and purple color. I just couldn't find exact color online.
V462963_OM_F(2).jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I might be following the "race per month" format again this year. My hubby and I just decided to run the Frosty 5k in St. Joseph, MI in early Feb. We love visiting the beach town in the summer since it's an easy driver from Chicago-land, but never have been there in the winter. So barring any kind of crazy blizzard we are going to give it a try. :)

Kicked my Thursday workouts backside today. I definitely like how quickly the meters/miles rack up when I'm running faster , and those resting intervals sure feel nice.
I came out pretty close to the minutes I was supposed to so I'm getting a better hang of this. The treadmill helps with metronome feeling when maintaining a pace.
I'm hoping hoping for an outdoor run on Sunday though!

Today went from me feeling a lil bad about being considered "big" per running standards with "Athena" categories, to then feeling great at my workout and being happy about how much this body is capable of. Hoping the endorphins last a lil while.

Long run outside in the 27 degree weather is done!
It was 3 miles at my LR pace of 11:14
I decided to do 3 laps in my neighborhood = 3 miles. Mostly because if was too cold I could get in my car and head to the gym. But I was fine and wearing a ton of layers. The wind was mildly annoying along the final stretch of each lap but it wasn't terrible.
Maintaining the right pace was tricky. My body is in treadmill mode and it took awhile to settle in. I was overcompensating to get slower or faster and my first mile was a lil inconsistent. Ranging from 10:45 up to 11:30. I figured it out and settled in better rest of the way. My end avg was 11:12 so I got close! But it's a work in progress.

Next week I add mileage which is exciting. At the slower LR pace I definitely felt like I could do more instead of feeling gassed. Enjoying it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter