• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Row row row your boat! July 28, 2013 on the Dream!

Hi everyone!
This will be our first Disney cruise. My husband and I are in our 30's, we live in Massachusetts and we have a 6 year old son. We have no idea what to expect and would love to get up to speed on what's going on in this thread. I will have time to read more of it later on today or tonight. Just wanted to introduce ourselves!

We hear the Disney cruise is a blast and we're looking forward to it!

Let me add my welcome to the party!!! :cheer2: This is our first cruise, but we have some wonderful experts on this thread. They can answer all of your questions! :worship:

We'll see you in the D Lounge in a couple of weeks!!

Katesu,

A big welcome aboard to you and your family. If it is anything like our first DCL cruise last August, you will have a great time. Embarrassingly, DW and I sat on the pool deck sipping drinks and swimming in the adult pool with a wonderful couple for a good part of the five day cruise. For us, it was the first time we have so much time to ourselves and all the while DD12 was having the time of her life. We loved it so much, we were too much in a daze to book on board, but booked this trip a day later from our Disney resort.

Thank you everyone, you can call me Kate. I was reading back a little in this thread but I still don't understand what this fish extender thing is that you all are talking about!

Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I just found out about this message board today.

I'd like to get to know some of you before the cruise but don't want to gum up the thread with that stuff so anyone who wants to talk especially if you have kids around age 6, feel free to message me. It would be nice if I could tell our son about some new friends he'll meet!

If any of you are into video games, fantasy, sci fi, or anything like that, my husband would probably like you. I love to cook and I'm a big new kids on the block fan so if any of you are...that would be awesome.

Thank you everyone, you can call me Kate. I was reading back a little in this thread but I still don't understand what this fish extender thing is that you all are talking about!

Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I just found out about this message board today.

I'd like to get to know some of you before the cruise but don't want to gum up the thread with that stuff so anyone who wants to talk especially if you have kids around age 6, feel free to message me. It would be nice if I could tell our son about some new friends he'll meet!

If any of you are into video games, fantasy, sci fi, or anything like that, my husband would probably like you. I love to cook and I'm a big new kids on the block fan so if any of you are...that would be awesome.

Yeah Kate!! More Boston in the house.....well.....boat....
NKotB 4 eva!

BSB are okay. I saw them once in 2004 or so and a couple times when they toured with nkotb. I don't really like nsync or the Jonas Brothers...my heart only has room for one boy band LOL

We are a little confused on the no cash system. My husband is really adamant about not wanting to hook our credit card or debit cards to the stateroom account. When I did online registration, I choose cash but it gave me a limit of $300. Can we buy pre paid visa cards and use them, so if we don't use whole amount, we can still use cards for anything else-like Wal-Mart or somewhere. Was told on mom's panel I can use Disney gift cards but don't want to add too much then have money on them and cant use this money for anything else but Disney stuff. Thanks:)

We are a little confused on the no cash system. My husband is really adamant about not wanting to hook our credit card or debit cards to the stateroom account. When I did online registration, I choose cash but it gave me a limit of $300. Can we buy pre paid visa cards and use them, so if we don't use whole amount, we can still use cards for anything else-like Wal-Mart or somewhere. Was told on mom's panel I can use Disney gift cards but don't want to add too much then have money on them and cant use this money for anything else but Disney stuff. Thanks:)

Yes, you can absolutely use Visa gift cards. It doesn't have to be Disney.
Thats very smart of you !:thumbsup2

Two weeks from right now, we will be at the 6:15pm show.......we have late seating for dinner!
I can't wait!

Two weeks from right now, we will be at the 6:15pm show.......we have late seating for dinner!
I can't wait!

Is there a list somewhere of the shows and times and any other times that are already set for certain events?

I couldn't find one from our cruise but I found one from February-will the shows be the same as those?

I saw thise too.

It could be same or different.
But early shows start around 6-6:15 and late ones 8-8:15 I believe.
Do you have early/late dinner?

Hi Everyone!

My family will be onboard, myself, DH, DD10 and DS8 and another couple with DD10 and DS8 and we are from MA.

I called to find out what movies will be playing on the ship, they are subject to change, but here goes:

Finding Nemo 3D, Oz great and powerful, Wreck it Ralph, Lone Ranger, Iron Man 3, Lincoln and Monsters University

Hi Everyone!

My family will be onboard, myself, DH, DD10 and DS8 and another couple with DD10 and DS8 and we are from MA.

I called to find out what movies will be playing on the ship, they are subject to change, but here goes:

Finding Nemo 3D, Oz great and powerful, Wreck it Ralph, Lone Ranger, Iron Man 3, Lincoln and Monsters University

Hi Persephone,
Welcome! Thanks so much for posting this. We already saw MU opening weekend, but have not seen Oz, Lincoln, IM 3, or Lone Ranger. My DS9 will be excited about these as well. DD6 has only seen Nemo 1,000 times, so she'll probably want to see that, MU, and Wreck it Ralph.

Hi Everyone!

Thanks Persephone!
I assume all the shows and movies will be listed on our daily itineraries?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter