• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Row row row your boat! July 28, 2013 on the Dream!

We will be at BLT prior to our cruise also......
When will you be there???
We haven't even taken this cruise yet and DD is planning #5!
:rotfl::beach:

Saw all the posts re getting the documents so I had to grab the little key and walk down the block to check our box...in my pjs...barefooted...at 1:30 AM! But I was rewarded with a shiny white envelope that said CRUISE DOCUMENTS!!!!

THat being said we are currently in 2038 but decided we really wanted a verandah (after my DH reminded me on the last two cruises we took next time there would be a balcony!). Our TA (the awesome Tammy) has been bouncing emails back and forth the last day or so trying to get us into a verandah room at a price we can live with. Our live with price is getting higher each day!!

Anyone have any thoughts about cat 5D vs 5C? That is where we stand right now.

So excited...my countdown app tells me how much packing time I have everyday!!!

We will be staying at BLT 7/21-26. ( Sun- Fri) then we will hit the beach in Melbourne until the cruise.

Ok so what are the plans for on the cruise? We have dinner at Remmy on night, we are not going to Atlantis... we heard it wasnt worth it ( VERY CROWDED) so we are taking a tour in Nassau. Spa time as well

We will be at BLT from Friday 7/26 until the morning of the cruise.
Just relaxing at the resort!
We really want to explore the ship in it's entirety as much as possible.
We will surely be using the SPA for adults and my DD may even use the teen spa.
We have reissues for PALO brunch when we are at sea.
We are also not doing Atlantis. We may just get off the boat and walk around downtown.

We are staying at WL the week before. We have ressies at Remy but nothing else. I just want to explore the ship so we may not even get off it except for CC.
I just want to unwind and soak it in.

Docs are in...and planning for the Fish Extender...

So tell me, I've been looking on Etsy, and I'm about ready to order a Fish Extender. It has pockets, and a cloth rope. How does it attach to the outside of the door? (That IS how it works, yes?) Do I need to buy a magnetic hook or similar?

OMG, the girls are ecstatic, and it's over a month to go. I hope they don't explode in the interim!

We are planning the boat ride to the dolphin encounter in Nassau, and booked the snorkel boat for the Castaway day.

I would go for the Swedish massage on board, but they have been all booked up for weeks. Is there normally any chance to book once we embark?

Docs are in...and planning for the Fish Extender...

So tell me, I've been looking on Etsy, and I'm about ready to order a Fish Extender. It has pockets, and a cloth rope. How does it attach to the outside of the door? (That IS how it works, yes?) Do I need to buy a magnetic hook or similar?

OMG, the girls are ecstatic, and it's over a month to go. I hope they don't explode in the interim!

We are planning the boat ride to the dolphin encounter in Nassau, and booked the snorkel boat for the Castaway day.

I would go for the Swedish massage on board, but they have been all booked up for weeks. Is there normally any chance to book once we embark?

There is a metal fish right outside your door where they leave messages. You hang your FE on that.
Not to worry about the massage. Just go to the spa the first day and you're sure to get an appt.
Sounds like you have some fun excursions for you and your girls. What a cool Dad you must be ! Are you talking about the dolphin excursion at Blue Lagoon ? We did that with our Grandaughters. They loved it. Afterwards we stayed at their beach for a couple of hours. Very pretty white sand and lots of chairs and umbrellas. They have a snack bar. Nothing to get excited about but if you're hungry it works !

Ok so what are the plans for on the cruise? We have dinner at Remmy on night, we are not going to Atlantis... we heard it wasnt worth it ( VERY CROWDED) so we are taking a tour in Nassau. Spa time as well

Our ship is the only one in Nassau that day. Very unusual ! So Atlantis should not be crowded if you want to go. We didn't book with Disney. We will grab a taxi ,go to Atlantis and purchase tickets for the Aquaventure. Tickets at the hotel are usually not available since there are so many cruisers. We figured if we were ever going now s the time. I certainly don't wont to spend a fortune standing in a line.:scared1: also, by not booking with Disney we can see what the weather is like when we arrive in Nassau.
However, if this is your 1st time on the Dream, I couldn't blame you for wanting to stay on the ship. No lines for Aqua Duck :thumbsup2

There is a metal fish right outside your door where they leave messages. You hang your FE on that.
Not to worry about the massage. Just go to the spa the first day and you're sure to get an appt.
Sounds like you have some fun excursions for you and your girls. What a cool Dad you must be ! Are you talking about the dolphin excursion at Blue Lagoon ? We did that with our Grandaughters. They loved it. Afterwards we stayed at their beach for a couple of hours. Very pretty white sand and lots of chairs and umbrellas. They have a snack bar. Nothing to get excited about but if you're hungry it works !

Oh!! Thanks for explaining the FE. It's all new to me; how nice to be shown the ropes!! Thank you!

Yes, it's the Blue Lagoon. Extravagant, but after traveling from California, it's an experience I hope is special enough for the girls to remember forever.

Hanging out at the Blue Lagoon's beach after sounds nice, but we may want to head back into town or the ship after a bit. I'm wondering if there are more options than to leave right after the morning dolphin swim or at the end of the day. Perchance, do you know how often the boat departs back to town?

Yes, if I can pry the kids away from the AquaDuck, we'll shoot for the afternoon pre-drill rendezvous, and say, "Hi!" and, "Thanks!" in person.

We will be in Orlando a week before the cruise but trying something differnet, doing all the non-disney, non-Universal stuff we have never done! My boys are super excited about Legoland. We also are planning on Discovery cove and then SW and Aquatica. Has anyone done Discovery Cove? The price is hard to swallow but when I factored in doing a dolphin excursion anywhere it seemed more palatable.

We are headed to PC one day early to spend a day at KSC also. Staying at the Raddison those 2 nights. We are into planning mode- trying to figure out the really important stuff...what will our "name" be for announcing as we board and what is our door magnet design!! -:)

I hope im doing this right to reply. We are just going to FL this time for the cruise(and swinging by my aunt's to visit her and spend Sat. night in Daytona) but would love to do a park visit:love: I have gone to Discovery Cove a couple yrs ago before the renovation. It was amazing! I would only do it though if you do the dolphin experience. Its about 30 mins. so Im not sure if other dolphin excursions are longer. Plus Im not sure if you can get the foot push like Ive seen at other places, but we just got pulled by a dolphin. But over all it was a wonderful experience:thumbsup2

We have not decided yet on whether to go to Atlantis for the waterpark or stay on ship. I want to do a photo shoot on boat celebrating our 20 yrs anniversary. But it's like soooo expensive. And not sure what day would be better. Last day while at sea? or while docked at Nassau? We collect pins, so looking forward to pin trading on cruise:woohoo: Also, we will be running the Castaway Cay 5K:cheer2: And we are dressing up for the Pirate partypirate: I hope we wont look strange dressing up as a couple pirates without any kids. Thought about doing a dessert cooking class. Has anyone done this? And is there any other suggestions for a couple to do that's not common knowledge like spa things?

I hope im doing this right to reply. We are just going to FL this time for the cruise(and swinging by my aunt's to visit her and spend Sat. night in Daytona) but would love to do a park visit:love: I have gone to Discovery Cove a couple yrs ago before the renovation. It was amazing! I would only do it though if you do the dolphin experience. Its about 30 mins. so Im not sure if other dolphin excursions are longer. Plus Im not sure if you can get the foot push like Ive seen at other places, but we just got pulled by a dolphin. But over all it was a wonderful experience:thumbsup2

THat is great info! Our family bucket list includes swimming with dolphins. When I looked at doing one at SW or Nassau, I felt much better about the Discovery Cove one. The biggest plus is the low max numbers each day.

We fly to Orlando in 28 days!!

We are going to the Graycliff Chocolatier tour in Nassau!! Looks like fun!! Then my guys are going parasailing at Castaway Cay. I'll be keeping my feet on the ground! :-)

5 weeks from tomorrow -- yahoo!!! :beach:

We have not decided yet on whether to go to Atlantis for the waterpark or stay on ship. I want to do a photo shoot on boat celebrating our 20 yrs anniversary. But it's like soooo expensive. And not sure what day would be better. Last day while at sea? or while docked at Nassau? We collect pins, so looking forward to pin trading on cruise:woohoo: Also, we will be running the Castaway Cay 5K:cheer2: And we are dressing up for the Pirate partypirate: I hope we wont look strange dressing up as a couple pirates without any kids. Thought about doing a dessert cooking class. Has anyone done this? And is there any other suggestions for a couple to do that's not common knowledge like spa things?

Lots of adults dress up for Pirate Night ! You'll fit right in.
It is very easy to go to Atlantis on your own. We've been to the Dig a few times. Will be going to the Aquaventure for the first time so excited about that. Anyway let me know if you need any info on going on your own.
Our favorite thing to do on sea day is to relax by the adult pool. After breakfast We grab a couple of very comfy loungers that face the ocean .we'll stay until after lunch which we eat right there. Also the Cove Cafe is there also. I love their frappicinos. The dessert cooking class sounds good. I'll have to check it out. Oh another thing we like to do is play backgammon in the Sports Bar. Also trivia ! Oh man, I can't wait to be on that ship !

DisneyMom and Kualoa do you have tour cabin # yet ???
I have lots of goodies for your room !

And Cailey's Mom.... I know you're not doing the FE, but I have a couple of things for Cailey that I'd like to leave at your cabin. One has her name on it. I'd hate to throw it away :sad:

Gina

We are in the process tonite of making our door decorations!!!! Print, laminate, cut, hot-glue magnets!!!!!
Can't wait for ALL to see!!!!

5 WEEKS!!!!! We are super-moon excited!!!! OMG! And going to book next one while on board!

I can't believe I posted way back in December and haven't been back since....
Where has all the time gone? Super excited to get on the ship. Just started getting lists together and making door decorations. I am also beginning to make all our embroidered T shirts and items we want to wear....
Never have done a Disney cruise before, so getting nervous I won't have what I need or we will miss out on things. Time to really start getting serious about this!! We are not doing any excursions as we want to really take in the ship for our first time and figure out all there is to do. Can't wait to meet you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter