• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Round 2 Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

Third time is NOT the charm......

No worries, there's always next year!!

Congrats to all of the Round 2'ers!

Don't ever give up! :love: This is my SIXTH time trying, and only my 2nd time for round two. :thumbsup2 PRAYING for round 3!

::yes:: Moving on to round 2! Third year to get this far, but have got to figure out a way to make a stunning video. Any ideas? :scratchin Because I think mine must stink!

Congrats to all moving on, and lots of love to those who aren't, I know that feeling well! My grandpa always told me " you never win if you don't play", so just keep on playing!

Pineapple! Even though I love the orange too!

Forgot to say that I am WDW, pineapple, and 2010.

Aso to the dueling memories in R2, for WDW the written is just a "disney memory", while the video is specifically a "disney parks vacation memory".

For me, cruising on the Dream this summer provides the favorite disney memory, but that won't do for the video since it is not from the parks, so mine will have to be different.

If all my memories had been from the parks, I'd probably still pick two different ones.

Well the Pixie Dust is a flyin' in here! Woohoo! pixiedust: Congrats to those who will continue on in the journey to join the panel and BIG hugs to those who did not hear the news they so dearly hoped for today. :hug: Please do not give up on your dream. I myself, have received the dreaded "not this year" response but I picked myself up and tried again. Imagine where we'd be today if Walt Disney would have given up on his dream!?

Representing Disneyland on this year's panel has been the most amazing experience and I look forward to finding out who will be joining our family in the next few months!

As you prepare your Round 2 submissions, remember, as the Genie once said, "Beeeeee Yourself" and let that true Disney passion shine through!

Once again, many congrats and best of luck as you continue toward making your dream come true! Now go out and celebrate...but not too much... you've got videos to shoot!

-DL Mom Amanda

I made it to round two! pixiedust: Sixth time trying, and only made round 2 once before. PRAYING for round 3. I have the essays nailed, but I am so nervous about the video! I know I should be myself. But, what should I wear, and where should I shoot it? I thought it should be somewhere in the house where there isn't much on the walls, maybe a Disney family photo. And a simple, but tasteful, solid colored top and pants? I want them to focus on me and what I have to say, not on all the stuff on and around me? Thanks so much Amanda! :worship:

Hooray!!!! I posted right away when I found out I made it to round 2, but just realized I posted it on our first thread. So, count me in the group with those of you moving on.
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I feel for those who didn't get the same email we did. Please know that all of you have been a great support for all of us here. Don't leave us! I can't wait to continue this journey with each of you!

Now, off to work on essays and video ideas. It's going to be a fun weekend!!!
I still can't believe it!

Woo-Hoo. I joined ya'll last year for round 2 and I'm doing the happy dance :banana: because I'll be joining you again this year. Pixie dust to those who made it to round 2 and to those who didn't, don't give up. Like many others, I've been applying since the beginning.

WDW, pineapple

Well, last year R2, but this year, it's a no.
Oh, well. Still sending pixie dust wishes for the rest of you on this journey. :)

I didn't make it to round 2. There's always next year. :)

Congratulations and lots of pixie dust to those that did!!! pixiedust:

Has anyone gone to the link in the email to see the questions? I don't dare use the link, because I don't know if it allows you to see the questions, etc in advance or if I can only use the link one time to answer the questions and upload a video. I think I'm too excited and nervous to click on the link!

You can definitely go and look at the questions, log out, and then go back to complete the answers later on without any difficulty. So no worries there.

I also seem to recall from past years that you could also save your essay answers and come back and complete them at a later date. I am a little fuzzy on this though...does anyone else recall for sure?

I am honored, excited, and proud to say that I have advanced to round 2! Hugs and pixie dust to everyone who applied... regardless of what your email said today, we are all magic makers at heart. Oh and I was #team pineapple.

Was that picture in your signature in the Disney Files magazine? It looks so familiar - I love it!

I love that even through disappointment, there is so much love and support here. I am so sorry for the people that aren't moving on, but I am always so, so proud of this Disney community for the way you are here for each other - both in celebration and condolence.

The Moms Panel would be lucky to have any of you guys.

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com

I also seem to recall from past years that you could also save your essay answers and come back and complete them at a later date. I am a little fuzzy on this though...does anyone else recall for sure?

I thought I answered and saved to complete later in the past, but while I did look at the questions to round 2, I did not attempt to answer any yet because I did not see a way to save. It appears you must reply and submit your video all at the same time. The only button at the bottom was submit.

I have the same questions as others about what to wear, background, etc. for the video. DD-10 is sharing her ideas to pull out multiple Disney photo albums, shirt, hat, and other items.:scratchin My family is very excited and keep asking me multiple questions!

Group hugs and pixie dust pixiedust: for fabulous essays and videos this weekend! :cloud9:

... the compensation is for the training trip... would it just for the mom panelist or would it include immediate family
It might be a little early to worry about this... but having watched the process last year, I would strongly suggest NOT to think of bringing family along. During training, you will not have time for... well, anything else. And it's not a time you want to be pulled in two different directions. After, maybe... but certainly not during.

--
Brian Davis

After brushing myself off and picking myself up, I'm back cheer for all of you who are moving on! pixiedust:

Congratulations! Happy thoughts, good luck brainstorming!

Canadian Disney Mom said:
Was that picture in your signature in the Disney Files magazine? It looks so familiar - I love it!

No it hasn't been in Disneyfiles magazine, but I keep saying I should submit it ;-) Maybe I should take you asking me as a sign to finally submit it lol!

I believe that in the past the number in Round 2 was estimated at 200ish but I don't know if that was just speculation or based on info from the MP at some point.

I have the same questions as others about what to wear, background, etc. for the video. DD-10 is sharing her ideas to pull out multiple Disney photo albums, shirt, hat, and other items.:scratchin My family is very excited and keep asking me multiple questions!
:cloud9:

Hey all! Just started checking what was happening today, and whoa! Made it to Round 2!

Made it Round 2 last year also, and was SO BUMMED when I didn't move on. In fact, I swore I would never apply again. But, I did. :rotfl: But I don't want to have the same experience (not so good,tho it was totally my fault) as last year, so... this year, I had a new plan...I just whipped out my answers, made a quick video, and sent it off. Last year I planned, typed and retyped, video'd about 20 times till I got it "right", planned out what I wore, where I was, etc. This year, it's different! My submission was completed and sent off at 4:45pm today, and I read the email at about 3:20 pm. If my passion for Disney doesn't work this year, no amount of planning will help. Good luck to you all! And for those that didn't make it, you are still amazing!

Hi everyone I'm delighted to say that I am through to Round 2!

For those of you who are worried about what to wear etc for your video, last year I was perched on the edge of my sofa wearing a sweatshirt and with my hair tied back as I was in the middle of packing for our trip to WDW the following day. Fortunately they managed to ignore how awful I looked and put me through to Round 3! I think they are far more interested in what you have to say than how you look (at least I hope that's the case!)

I'm really sorry for those of you who haven't got through, I hope you won't give up on your dreams and will try again next year xx

Best of luck to everyone for Round 2 xx

I also made it to Round 2 for WDW (and I answered "pineapple"). I made it to Round 2 last year for runDisney. I did not advance farther than that, so hoping this year is different! Good luck to all who moved on! Now to the video... oh, boy!

Sorry for those who did not advance. I truly believe that everyone who is on this thread would be great at giving Disney advice. I know I turn to all of your posts often and plan to keep doing so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter