• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Round 2 Adventures of the 2013 Disney Moms Panel Search

I just had a very similar experience. To make matters worse, it was a pin code sent to my email - but for my parents. And its the pin code I was hoping for :upsidedow.

Sounds like your parents need to take you on a trip to Disney!

For some reason I can't find my Round 2 acceptance letter from last year, but the year before I received it on October 12th which I believe was a Tuesday. Then, I got the "Congratulations" email for moving onto Round 3 on October 26th. Last year I remember being on pins and needles waiting for the Round 3 email because it didn't come until 8 days after I had gotten it the year before. Torture!!! And as others have mentioned, the worst part about that email was that the subject line was almost identical to my Round 3 acceptance letter from the year before, only that this time it was a rejection letter. :( I think my problem from last year was that I applied for the DVC panel even though I haven't used my points to stay anywhere other than at Disney Resorts. So I know there were many more people that had used their points for lots of different experiences and had been a member for much longer than I had. This year I went back to my roots and stuck with the WDW panel, so I'm really really hoping to make it back to Round 3 again!! The 1 minute video is not as hard as you think. :-) They just want to see you be yourself and talk about a favorite WDW memory. I was a WRECK during my phone interview which did not help my situation, lol. The most difficult question they asked me was "What makes you unique to the panel?" I hadn't thought about that before so I went on for like 15 minutes about how passionate I was about trip planning and Disney. Afterwards I realized that although it was all true, passion is one thing that is NOT unique to this group at all. So, if you make it to Round 2 and 3 this year, think about what makes YOU different than all the other moms panelists.

Wow!!! Thanks for this!! :thumbsup2 I would have fainted :faint: because I wouldn't have known what to say!!! :confused3 I'm definitely asking DH for help on this one!!

I just had a very similar experience. To make matters worse, it was a pin code sent to my email - but for my parents. And its the pin code I was hoping for :upsidedow.

I have all my 'Disney' Emails going into one folder...and I have been having similar experiences all week. My latest email was from Disney Pictures advertising the Lone Ranger Trailer. Sigh.

Thanks to Mel for making this board. :cool1:

Back to the kiddies and waiting for a particular Disney Email. :hourglass
:coffee:

That's a really great question, and a really interesting observation about men vs. women when interviewing. What are some of the best ways women have handled themselves in your interviews, do you think? I'm really fascinated by this!

Like the OP said, rambling is the thing I see most. The interviewees aren't sure what their own strengths are so they ramble among the trivial stuff. Everyone has strengths. Any who can relay them in an articulate, SUCCINCT way will be on the top of my recommended hire list.

To the OP, I believe if I was asking you the question about what makes you unique, I would not have any problem with you saying what makes you unique is your strong passion for Disney if it was stated it in a clear, concise, fact-driven way.

In the banking world we call them 'elevator speeches'. Imagine the scenario, you happen to jump on an elevator at Disney with the Pink Princess herself. You have 30 seconds, OR LESS, to articulate your passion for Disney. What would you say?

Here is an elevator speech template:

Opening sentence of introduction: (Hello, Laura *shakes hands maintaining eye contact*, my name is Betsy Turnbuckle.)

State your purpose in one or two short, straight-forward sentences: (I have applied for the Disney Mom Panel. I feel I would be a great addition to the Panel because I have a strong passion for all that is Disney.

State three reasons why you feel that is true: FACT #1: Number of times visited, FACT #2: you have been visiting since you were a kid, FACT #3: Mickey Mouse is your best friend.

Closing sentence: Thank you for the opportunity to chat with you today and thank you for considering me for the Mom Panel.

If you use this template on all scenarios such as the telephone interview, you will never go wrong!!!

Well I have been busy all day, what have I missed?

Had so many false alarms with my phone and emails today lol I'm a nervous wreck !!!

Opening sentence of introduction: (Hello, Laura *shakes hands maintaining eye contact*, my name is Betsy Turnbuckle.)

State your purpose in one or two short, straight-forward sentences: (I have applied for the Disney Mom Panel. I feel I would be a great addition to the Panel because I have a strong passion for all that is Disney.

State three reasons why you feel that is true: FACT #1: Number of times visited, FACT #2: you have been visiting since you were a kid, FACT #3: Mickey Mouse is your best friend.

Closing sentence: Thank you for the opportunity to chat with you today and thank you for considering me for the Mom Panel.

If you use this template on all scenarios such as the telephone interview, you will never go wrong!!!

This is really good!!!! I will definitely use this if I get the chance!!! (Crossing my fingers and wishing I will make it past round 2 this time!!!)

Oh my goodness! I have been under control until the last few hours, but all this waiting for my rejection is killing me,

Suzanne033 said:
Like the OP said, rambling is the thing I see most. The interviewees aren't sure what their own strengths are so they ramble among the trivial stuff. Everyone has strengths. Any who can relay them in an articulate, SUCCINCT way will be on the top of my recommended hire list.

To the OP, I believe if I was asking you the question about what makes you unique, I would not have any problem with you saying what makes you unique is your strong passion for Disney if it was stated it in a clear, concise, fact-driven way.

In the banking world we call them 'elevator speeches'. Imagine the scenario, you happen to jump on an elevator at Disney with the Pink Princess herself. You have 30 seconds, OR LESS, to articulate your passion for Disney. What would you say?

Wow! Love that. Thanks Suzanne for the powerful advice and example!

dizkrazkate said:
Oh my goodness! I have been under control until the last few hours, but all this waiting for my rejection is killing me,

Think positive, dizkrazkate, perhaps they are taking longer to decide because there are just so many wonderful applicants to sort through. We are all waiting anxiously with you!! :)

We now return to our regularly scheduled waiting.

Okay, I have been lurking...but I can't handle it anymore, I have to jump in.
This is agonizing! I am trying to keep busy, but every time my phone bings I jump a foot!
Time to go do some laundry to try to keep my mind off of it...ya right! Lol!

Sending enormous amounts of pink pixie dust to all!!!:tink:

I fly down to Orlando on Friday to meet my DH for an adult only weekend at F&W festival. Staying at BC, celebrating my birthday! In the meantime, I am working mostly at my computer so checking email is almost continuous!

I fly down to Orlando on Friday to meet my DH for an adult only weekend at F&W festival. Staying at BC, celebrating my birthday! In the meantime, I am working mostly at my computer so checking email is almost continuous!
Happy Birthday and what a wonderful way to celebrate! :thumbsup2

west&east said:

Ooo! Happy Bday to you, and have a great time. Keep checking those emails!

Hi there ladies and gentlemen,

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all well as you wait! I remember vividly how difficult it was to await the exciting news. Please know that the current panelists are thinking of you as you go through this magical journey. Sending hugs to everyone in this pixie-dusted waiting room. :grouphug:

Jill

I know exactly how you feel! I likely just opened the same offer. Disney PIN code central has co-opted my e-mail and given it to my MIL. When our invoices were tallied at the resort, I gave my e-mail for both my in-laws and our invoices. Ever since then, the offers are for my MIL without fail!!! :crazy2:

Lucky you! Have a great time!!! ...and have a Happy Birthday! :goodvibes

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all well as you wait! I remember vividly how difficult it was to await the exciting news. Please know that the current panelists are thinking of you as you go through this magical journey. Sending hugs to everyone in this pixie-dusted waiting room. :grouphug:

Jill

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving these encouraging words, Jill. It's been really nice to see the messages from some of the MP's in the last few days, since our collective anxiety is building at such a heightened pace!

cheer4bison said:

Jill

Much appreciated, Jill! Thanks to you and the MP for thinking of us and stopping by to encourage us as we hang out in the waiting room and hold our breaths together. :grouphug: back at you!

Just did an alt-tab to my open e-mail and a Disney Insider has just arrived. :rolleyes: I don't believe I have ever really been as cognizant of the vast number of e-mail I receive from Disney on any given day as I am now!!!

cheer4bison said:

Jill

Thank you so much for dropping by! There isn't anything better than having a little extra pixie dust in the waiting room!

:)

Jill

Thank you SO much, Jill! Your wishes and the notes from the other panelists mean so much - they are a cherished bit of pixie dust to help us wait for news!

Sweet Disney dreams, everyone! :cloud9:

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter