Rough Waters in Alaska?

mammamouse

Earning My Ears
We are on the August 9th cruise to Alaska, and unbelievably excited. Lately I have read a few comments about rough waters in Alaska. Does anyone know if and when I should expect that on our cruise? Are there particular days that are worse than others?
I am bringing Bonine but there are 6 of us and I don't know if I have enough.

We were on the July 5th cruise and the waters were extremely calm. Most of the time it felt smooth as glass. On all of my previous cruises, I've always had "sea legs" for a few days after we get off - where you feel like you're still rocking. This time not at all.

You're going to have a fantastic time. It was one of the best vacations we've ever taken. Have fun!!

We were on the 28th of July Alaska cruise and the waters were fine-cold though so bring your jackets and long pants!
Elizabeth

We were on the June 28th cruise and the 2nd night was rough. We were in palo watching the back of the boat go way up then way down. There were a lot of sick people that night. Other then that it was fine.

We sailed July 12, smooth as glass. Nice weather, between 60 and 68. Clouds in the mornings, sun to mostly sun in the afternoon.

We just returned on Tuesday from the July 26th cruise. While many people said the sea was calm, I sure felt it rocking. I had had trouble on our previous cruise so this time I had the doctor give me the Rx for the patch. It worked like a charm! I was aware of the movement, but was not sick for one minute. :thumbsup2
One of our table mates waited to use the patch and did have one not so good day. She said the next time she cruised, she would make sure to apply it 4 hours before she boarded the ship.

We were on the July 5th cruise and the waters were extremely calm. Most of the time it felt smooth as glass. On all of my previous cruises, I've always had "sea legs" for a few days after we get off - where you feel like you're still rocking. This time not at all.

You're going to have a fantastic time. It was one of the best vacations we've ever taken. Have fun!!
I have the RX patch from my doctor...we are sailing on Aug23.....I'm afraid to use it....how did you feel on it? Any tiredness...double vision?

I did not have any side effects from the patch. I believe the other person at our table said she felt a little dizzy the first day, but then had no problems. It made my cruise experience so much better than our first cruise!:cool1:

Just got off the July 26th cruise and it was very rocky especially Wednesday night. It was so rocky in the middle of the night we all woke from it My niece was sick the next day but that could have been the combo alcohol and rough seas. The other days were rocky but not as bad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter