Rough Seas on Europe Itineraries?

MyGirlLovesTink

DIS Veteran
I am debating between the Western Europe or the Northern Europe itineraries. Are either of these known to be particularly rough seas in July/August? We are not really prone to sea sickness, but I would be scared if there was extreme swells. I have been on the ship when it swayed enough that we would kind of rock side to side in the hallways as we would walk down them, so I am okay with that. Thoughts or any insight to share?

It depends which Northern Europe but if you are crossing the North Sea to Norway then there is always the potential for rough seas.

Same with crossing the Bay of Biscay between Spain and UK.

Contrary to your primary assumption, extreme ship movement is not location or time-of-the-year based, but simply weather based. The North sea always has the potential for high seas, just like the Med and the west coast of Europe. A fair bit of wind combined with a strong ocean current and you get general discomfort onboard. We’ve had large waves in the Med, in the North Sea and the Baltic, but also days where the seas was like glass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter