RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the skyliner have actual guests on it though? I’ve seen the lines running overnight when it’s not open for guests.
We were there this morning at about 4:30.The cones were up but cars werer going through the lane all the way to the left if the tollbooths that seemed to be an employee access lane.

Now Im wondering if Uber is much better than driving. We will be putting luggage in car before leaving hotel, so literally standing at our car. Thought it'd be faster to Uber and get dropped off tho, than drive, park, etc. Any thoughts?

Question for folks. How early does Resort Transit run with the early DHS openings? I am not going to have a car in April (if I go) and I really want to do ROTR. I get the feeling that it will still open early in April and will need to RD that day no matter what.

Now Im wondering if Uber is much better than driving. We will be putting luggage in car before leaving hotel, so literally standing at our car. Thought it'd be faster to Uber and get dropped off tho, than drive, park, etc. Any thoughts?

I think the only reason to use a ride share is because you have no car and would otherwise be taking Disney transport.

Im terrible with times but here is a bit from today.
We are staying at Universal but decided to head over there this morning to check it out. We are AP holders and black out starts Wednesday and we wanted to ride early, didn't want to spend the day there.
Called an uber at about 4 and reached HS around 4:30. Yes the cones were up, but followed the cars going through a leftmost lane that seemed to be for cast members.

Two single files lines were in place. One for bags and one not for bags. Had to go to the bags because my son insisted on bringing his slingback. When they had the lines dash to the may security lines, made a bonehead move and didn't pay attention to who was in the lane ahead of us. AVOID THOSE WITH BIG BACKPACKS. We were about 5 -6 people behind and everyone had a big pack. Our security guard took his sweet time removing the rope, opened every single pocket and inner lining and was VERY chatty with everyone. I loved he was friendly, but another time please..we had places to go..

Finally got through, stayed to the right and want to say we were about 15-20 deep. Im short so can't really see well above everyone to count. I think the park opened up about 6:25. Got through pretty quickly and nabbed BG13.

We were able to hit Starbucks without too much of a line and went straight to the ride as the group was called. No stoppage, ran right through and the ride was amazing! hit RNR and TOT and back to Universal to sleep

All in all it went really well. Glad I did it. Will I get up at 3:30 again? Probably not, but glad I did.

We were at Universal and had a car, but I loved the ease of Uber. Drops you off right there, picks you up right there. No need to deal with parking and walking. Maybe we are just lazy. I never use my car when I stay at Disney either.

I've been two groups away for two hours.
Now I have to figure out what to do with my 50s prime time 5pm res... ugh.

5am now. We got one to pick us up at 5:40a
You have a 2 hour window for the boarding group.
Worse case, they call you just before your reservation, you can still eat within that 2 hour window, and make into the line.

hs a a a a a a a a a a a
I've been two groups away for two hours.
Now I have to figure out what to do with my 50s prime time 5pm res... ugh.
I would just stop by 50s Prime Time to let them know you're boarding group is about to be called and it may interrupt your ADR time. Ask if it would be okay to come back right after you get off the ride. It shouldn't be a problem, they're very flexible and understand it's hard to plan around BGs.

You have a 2 hour window for the boarding group.
Worse case, they call you just before your reservation, you can still eat within that 2 hour window, and make into the line.

Yeah gonna check in and eat now. Just have to worry it doesn't interfere with oga's at 750p now. Lol

People have been posting that you have to have a BG before you can get a DAS for RotR. Once your BG is called you can go to RotR and get your DAS.
It is possible to get a DAS for all the other rides in Hollywood Studios without a BG

Just to clarify. In order to get DAS, a guest must first go to guest services at any theme park in order to set it up so they can use it in all 4 four theme parks throughout the duration of their trip. For RoTR, a guest who has already been assigned DAS must get a BG and then, once their BG is called, can use DAS to access the FP+ line. I just want to make sure people who aren't familiar with how to access DAS in the first place don't get confused and think they can get a BG and request DAS access without first stopping at guest services to get DAS set up in their MDE account. I could be wrong, but it sounded like the PP who asked if they can go to guest services to get DAS prior to entering DHS was asking because they need to get DAS set up for their trip - not to attempt to get DAS access to RoTR. I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter