• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For this person who has successfully ridden I was just trying to see how long they “waited” in total. (ie were they under the bridge at 2am and thus essentially waited 6 hours) 🤣 Just trying to have stories to tell my friends.
Oooh haha. I got here at 5:10 and it didn’t feel like very long at all before they let us in. Then I rode every other ride in the park multiple times. Totally worth the early wake up!

Does anyone know if this ride offers single rider and/or rider switch? How would that work with the boarding groups?

I spoke to one of the Disney offices that arranged the basic VIP tours (not World of Dreams, the $12k one) a couple days ago, and they insisted that rider swap would be active from the start. But with boarding groups, I’m guessing it would require everyone doing a boarding group then getting rider swap cleared with cast members. Probably means swapping is a mess for a few days but simpler by next week.

wow, so you had to be in the park before 8am to maybe have a chance of riding it today

ya that's crazy, and very crappy. Since there was no indication this system was going to be in place, bet there's going to be a lot of upset people. The last update we had was opening at 8am right? To me that's real bad management

wow, so you had to be in the park before 8am to maybe have a chance of riding it today
ya that's crazy, and very crappy. Since there was no indication this system was going to be in place, bet there's going to be a lot of upset people. The last update we had was opening at 8am right? To me that's real bad management
Yeah - it’s certainly not surprising that this happened, but the lack of communication about how things would work would be very frustrating if I were down there right now.

I agree they could have shared info on the system earlier ... but even if they didn't the other option is you would just stand in the queue all day and still not be guaranteed a ride on and instead of saying "all boarding groups are full" by now they could just say "the queue is closed for the rest of the day"

I don't think the use of the boarding groups has an impact on how early you would have had to get to the park to get a chance to ride today

Call me a Disney apologist or whatever you want but I’m not surprised by any of this. Many of us have been saying on the boards and other places to expect downtime. We of course didn’t know there would be an attraction only boarding group however we thought they would use it for the land so not completely different. Disney also decided to do that on opening day.

If you have been following here you also should’ve known to be patient and get their early. These boards are all about getting the best plan and strategy and getting their early before park opening was. I certainly never expected no boarding groups and a 100% perfect opening. Not many attractions do have that these days. A day like today will only help the ride in the future and Cast as they learn from this.

And we are out! My husband can now wear his hat haha.

It is simply amazing. Jaw dropping in some parts. It’s so fluid. Amazing technology.

Sorry for the frustrated messages earlier and thanks for your patience with me!
no need for apologies AT ALL. your info and updates were important to hear!

It is simply amazing. Jaw dropping in some parts. It’s so fluid. Amazing technology.

Yay! So happy you had a chance to ride.

For those of you that had the problem of not being able to join a boarding group after you entered the park, how did you fix it? Go farther into park? Close and re-open app? Ask a CM? Any tricks?

Ok just got out of ride. Not bad since I heard on the way out they’re boarding 23 and I originally had 25 when they gave me the recovery fastpass. Got here at 5:15 and out of the ride by 8:45. Also I was able to join the VQ again after the digital fastpass was issued and I have group 93 so I may be able to return later and ride again !

Hip hip hooray!

Call me a Disney apologist or whatever you want but I’m not surprised by any of this. Many of us have been saying on the boards and other places to expect downtime. We of course didn’t know there would be an attraction only boarding group however we thought they would use it for the land so not completely different. Disney also decided to do that on opening day.

If you have been following here you also should’ve known to be patient and get their early. These boards are all about getting the best plan and strategy and getting their early before park opening was. I certainly never expected no boarding groups and a 100% perfect opening. Not many attractions do have that these days. A day like today will only help the ride in the future and Cast as they learn from this.

I don’t think you’re being an apologist. I think you can be both realistic recognizing that this opening was probably not going to be very smooth, and also feel that it could have been handled much better with soft openings, etc.

I will say if you only follow some of the major Disney media people for news and aren’t deep into it all, you might not have gotten the message that this attraction was bound to have issues at the beginning. Some for the most part keep negativity out. I definitely agree with you that this is the best place to come, when a headline comes across my Instagram feed or stories this is always my next stop!

Yeah - sound a little apologist to me 😛 🤣

I usually try to put myself in the shoes of a random family visiting when judging Disney on these things and what their reasonable expectations should have been for communication.

I may have missed this, how long is it taking once you’ve entered the line with the boarding group system in place?

Seems like this could be a good alternative for new attractions instead of sticking them on the FP system. No stress of trying to secure that FP early and hopefully not insanely long lines?

I agree with a lot of that.

I think the problem I have is just the lack of communication about the change. I think a lot of people thought if they got a res into Oga's they'd be able to get in the land if it was at capacity (like it was opening day). Then just stand in line for the ride like it was for the Falcon. But to have no chance to ride it all day if you weren't there by 8am is pretty crappy in my opinion, that's the issue I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter