• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if ride is down, I may still try to head over and pick up some magicbands. Any chance someone can update me this afternoon if there are any left? I don't want to make the 30 minute drive if all gone

The problem you have with that is around 700 people have now been given a FP to come back at any time today.

I’m staying on site at the moment and was hoping to hop along to HS one evening for a late ride, my wife and baby have no interest in waiting in line or spending all day in HS to wait for my turn. I’m guessing this boarding group issue rules that out!

Overall I think it’s a “fair” system but basically it means you have to arrive early and then have to spend potentially all day in a park with 6 other rides (that you can only fast pass 2 of) to wait your turn.

I guess let’s see what happens over the next few days. I predict this will be in place for a while though. Why not just allow fast passes???

Issue with FP is it is for a set time - what if the ride is down then? This let's them create basically dynamic FP return times so that you don't get a huge backup of the people that had FPs for when it is down plus the people with new FP return times. Now that 2nd group would have their time pushed back, in effect

Does make it hard to plan for though

It’s terrible. Been up since 2 and just standing in HS now with a FP to ride once back up. Not happy. I will be making a formal complaint but not to frontline CM’s. Not their fault. They all apologised when we were leaving and you could see they felt awful.
Im so sorry for everyone that is going through this. I was afraid this would happen.

So sorry, ignore this. Just read you wanted the MB! Sorry, frustrations running high!

no worries! I understand the frustration. If you're still around HS by the time I get off work, I wouldn't mind buying you a drink if you'd like

They’re letting people in to enter but can’t say how far they’re getting. There are a bunch of disorganized impromptu lines that have formed outside the ride .

I'm so so sorry. It is hideous what Disney are doing. They have known for months but would not risk empty hotels over the holidays.

You are so right!

Hang in there Tink1987. I know it's got to be so frustrating for you and all that have made the early trek to ride. I appreciate all your updates.

Thank you for following along! :)

On a lighter note, my husband bought the ROTR hat this morning but won’t wear it until he has rode
8-)

This ride is simply not ready for prime time. And like I have been saying Disney MUST get ahead of this NOW and let people know what's going on.

At some point they do need to open it and stress test it with full load of guests... But they need to refer to this as a "soft opening" or something

That was always my issues with what happened to Hagrid's- open it as a soft opening/technical rehearsal/whatever and then you can better understand tech issues ... But market it as "full open" and people get certain expectations

At some point they do need to open it and stress test it with full load of guests... But they need to refer to this as a "soft opening" or something

That was always my issues with what happened to Hagrid's- open it as a soft opening/technical rehearsal/whatever and then you can better understand tech issues ... But market it as "full open" and people get certain expectations

They should of had CM, AP, and DVC previews. No doubt about it that would of helped.

Issue with FP is it is for a set time - what if the ride is down then? This let's them create basically dynamic FP return times so that you don't get a huge backup of the people that had FPs for when it is down plus the people with new FP return times. Now that 2nd group would have their time pushed back, in effect

Does make it hard to plan for though

Our MB has been scanned and we have a multiple experiences FP so they said we could ride anything in HS or ROTR. We were joking we would use it for the Frozen sing along instead, no big deal Disney :)

At some point they do need to open it and stress test it with full load of guests... But they need to refer to this as a "soft opening" or something ... But market it as "full open" and people get certain expectations

Excellent point

Last edited:
I guess there have been sooooo many people saying it would have issues, break, etc that I came in with zero expectations. If you’re on the DisBoards or familiar with theme parks in general you’ll know that it’d be a surprise if this all went smoothly. I’ll ride all of the other rides & if I get in ROTR, awesome. If not, it’s opening day & I knew what to expect.

I guess there have been sooooo many people saying it would have issues, break, etc that I came in with zero expectations. If you’re on the DisBoards or familiar with theme parks in general you’ll know that it’d be a surprise if this all went smoothly. I’ll ride all of the other rides & if I get in ROTR, awesome. If not, it’s opening day & I knew what to expect.
You have a lovely attitude. I'm not sure that Disney are deserving of niceties but yes for you not getting worked up will make the best of a bad situation.

RIde is down. All the different lines outside are being herded into one , directed to the front to scan magicband and receive a “recovery fastpass” for later when the ride is back up. They said to keep checking when the ride opens back up and then make our way to the fastpass line at that time .

Yay for boarding groups!! Sounds like we can get there even at 6am tomorrow and join the virtual queue while we explore and enjoy the rest of the land? What a relief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter