• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the media event, phew, I'm exhausted but very happy.
For those asking about the drop, it is minimal, probably lasts a second or two
For those asking about motion sickness, the last part is a sim ride with a screen very close to you, this portion lasts about a min. It's the only spot where I can truly see someone having some issue
cannot help anyone about parking lot tomorrow, I was told 6, told before sic, told midnight, sorry, it seems it's the same misinformation as opening day for the land
For those asking about length of ride, I'm not sure if the ride was at 100% when I rode it but can ell you that each time it was about an hour experience from preshow to stepping out.
The ride closed before the media event ended when it was supposed to be open until 9
Have fun tomorrow everyone, please pack your patience and don't take it out on the CM, I honestly can feel my herniated disk pulsating so won't be going until after noon.
Thanks for sharing your experience, and what to expect, glad you had a great time! (We're so excited for next month.)
Hope your back is feeling better in the morning.

Virtual queue question:. On the blog it mentions to tap the galaxies edge tab: I'm not at the park...does this tab only appear after you tap into the park and if so does it appear as soon as you open the app? Anyone got a screenshot? Good luck today everyone!
Not sure but I'm guessing I would just hit the "find out more"button in the app and it should explain.

I'm not there, but following along from home. On the app it says now boarding groups 10-12. So are people actually riding ROTR now? My app shows wait times for all HS rides except ROTR, so I'm curious if it's actually running.

They have opened GE. Cast members in large numbers have formed a big human wall around the attraction. You can’t even get near it unless your boarding group is up.

Lol. Leave it to Disney to wait a few hours before the ride actually opens to tell everyone this. This is probably gonna anger some people who didn't know how to plan for this.

Why do you think it would anger people? It seems like this is a positive move to me. Kind of like a fastpass, but more flexible in case the ride isn't operating at a given time. It avoids people waiting in line for 4 hours then the ride breaking down and not able to ride. If it breaks, Disney just waits till its fixed to call the next boarding group, but at least you aren't stuck in line the whole time its broken (unless you were about to board)

They were telling everyone not in 10-12 to go on MFSR. I wanted to bail and see if that was true. Pretty disappointing the first wave couldn’t just queue up and use the boarding groups after that.

Honestly I went towards TOT & have been having a blast riding everything else while waiting. The line to get in wasn’t that long, and they got rid of the finger scanner so we were all inside in a minute or two. I didn’t realize the rides were open at first so I ended up chugging my coffee (bad idea lol). Doing SDD over & over! I’m group 22 so I think I still have time to kill.

They’re directing everyone in a line towards MFSR. Got to the front and it’s 70 min wait for that already . Stepped out of line and a cast member came right over to tell me that we could not go stand near ROR until our group was up and they encourage us to ride MFSR. I stepped out of line anyways.

They’re directing everyone in a line towards MFSR. Got to the front and it’s 70 min wait for that already . Stepped out of line and a cast member came right over to tell me that we could not go stand near ROR until our group was up and they encourage us to ride MFSR. I stepped out of line anyways.
There’s no wait for any other rides, but I’m group 22 & they just called 18.

we have HS planned for Sunday Dec 8 and are staying on resort so have EMH. Any suggestions of when to queue up? We were initially planning for 6 am arrival. Can you only join a boarding group once you scan into the park?

we have HS planned for Sunday Dec 8 and are staying on resort so have EMH. Any suggestions of when to queue up? We were initially planning for 6 am arrival. Can you only join a boarding group once you scan into the park?

Yes. I tried to join from work since it said afternoon as wait estimate. Said had to be in the park.

Makes sense, but bummer for me lol

So looks like Olgas reservation won’t be enough on its own to ride ROTR? You’ll just be allowed in the land and MFSR?

Why do you think it would anger people? It seems like this is a positive move to me. Kind of like a fastpass, but more flexible in case the ride isn't operating at a given time. It avoids people waiting in line for 4 hours then the ride breaking down and not able to ride. If it breaks, Disney just waits till its fixed to call the next boarding group, but at least you aren't stuck in line the whole time its broken (unless you were about to board)

I agree the system seems like a good one but could see people bring annoyed Dis ey didn't mention this system like a week ago or something. To only find out day if could cause people to stress. And what if you don't have a smart phone? What if you are international and don't have a data plan and having wifi issues?

Just think people that were planning for this would have liked to know ahead of time to incorporate this into their plans.

But the idea itself I think is a good one - like flexible FP that can adjust based on any technical issues (I noticed the info said getting a boarding group doesn't guarantee you a ride - so if it just goes down for the day, oh well, too bad)

So looks like Olgas reservation won’t be enough on its own to ride ROTR? You’ll just be allowed in the land and MFSR?

Yeah, at least for now - see how long they implement this plan. It makes sense but would have been nice for Disney to tell people earlier as I am sure there are some that have Oga's or Savi's booked just so they knew they could get into he land just to ride RotR - and now can't but are within the 24 hour cancelled window

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter