ROTR: Kylo Ren animatronic

onemaybaby

Mouseketeer
When we visited HS in May we rode Rise 4 or 5 times over the course of the 2 days we were in the park. My daughter noticed that the Kylo Ren animatronic was missing each of these times (she saw a video that showed him in the ride). Does that mean we were riding in B mode? We are returning in September, is it possible that this feature may be working or has this feature been broken for some time?

When we visited HS in May we rode Rise 4 or 5 times over the course of the 2 days we were in the park. My daughter noticed that the Kylo Ren animatronic was missing each of these times (she saw a video that showed him in the ride). Does that mean we were riding in B mode? We are returning in September, is it possible that this feature may be working or has this feature been broken for some time?
He wasn't working June or July so ....

If you had him in his TIE-Silencer on a screen before going into the escape pod then yes, that was in B mode. That animatronic is very temperamental and is constantly up and down so there’s no guarantee it’s going to be working any time you go on it. You could ride it in the morning and everything is working fine and then go on it a couple of hours later and it’s down again or vice versa.

We were there in June/July this year and fortunately it was working every time we went on but on the last time the Kylo Ren animatronic with Hux on the bridge was slumped down and not working but the other one was so you never know what you’re going to get unfortunately. A lot of the time the lightsaber through the roof in the lift doesn’t work and one of the preshow rooms is missing BB-8 atm.

@HopperFan He was working for us when we rode it multiple different times when we were there late June/early July so he hasn’t been down permanently. I guess it just depends on timing.

If you had him in his TIE-Silencer on a screen before going into the escape pod then yes, that was in B mode. That animatronic is very temperamental and is constantly up and down so there’s no guarantee it’s going to be working any time you go on it. You could ride it in the morning and everything is working fine and then go on it a couple of hours later and it’s down again or vice versa.

We were there in June/July this year and fortunately it was working every time we went on but on the last time the Kylo Ren animatronic with Hux on the bridge was slumped down and not working but the other one was so you never know what you’re going to get unfortunately. A lot of the time the lightsaber through the roof in the lift doesn’t work and one of the preshow rooms is missing BB-8 atm.

@HopperFan He was working for us when we rode it multiple different times when we were there late June/early July so he hasn’t been down permanently. I guess it just depends on timing.
We rode a few times each week, never worked. It has been reported often that it is not working. Quite a lack of urgency on Disney's part to make this thing functional.

Oh and on MF "preshow" Hondo was under a sack and not working both trips. That is a huge blow to the attraction. It's just a shame that such big parts of popular attractions are so undependable. :sad2:

We rode a few times each week, never worked. It has been reported often that it is not working. Quite a lack of urgency on Disney's part to make this thing functional.

Oh and on MF "preshow" Hondo was under a sack and not working both trips. That is a huge blow to the attraction. It's just a shame that such big parts of popular attractions are so undependable. :sad2:
I guess we must have been really lucky then because it was working every time we rode during the period while we there (18th June - 9th July) and we rode it a lot too. I guess it just depends on your timing and what time you ride it in the day but I know it’s down more than it’s up most of the time from other people’s reports. It’s so technologically advanced that I’m not surprised that they have so many issues with it not working. As I said though, not disagreeing with your experience but the only Kylo animatronic that wasn’t working for us the last time we rode was the one during the bridge scene and I heard a few days later they were using a screen for that scene as well while they sorted it.

I agree that it needs dealing with asap because it sounds like the whole ride needs to go down for awhile for a total refurb since so many of the effects are constantly down or not working but they won’t because it would cause too much uproar it being closed for any extended period of time and it’s their meal ticket at DHS. I mean when was the last time the cannons were actually working properly and moving in time with the ride vehicles? When it first opened?

Hondo wasn’t working for us either and was under the brown sack and he was on the screen instead so it sounds like that was has been having issues for a long time too.

We were there 7/31-8/6. Rode RotR and MFSR 3x each throughout the week.

The final Kylo animatronic worked 1 of 3 times, Hondo worked all 3 times we rode. It really is so hit or miss!

90 percent of the time , the big laser cannons aren't even going back and forth shooting when in the battle scene showing space

90 percent of the time , the big laser cannons aren't even going back and forth shooting when in the battle scene showing space

Sounds like it's more 100% of the time these days based on that other thread. I just hope the big laser cannons don't go the way of the yeti. :(

I know it's their big e-ticket in a park that can have an incredibly frustrating attraction lineup, but it really sounds like Rise could benefit from a proper refurb sooner rather than later...

Maybe Disney will realize, when you take away the cool special effects and animatronics that made the ride awesome to begin with, it just becomes another ride

Sounds like it's more 100% of the time these days based on that other thread.

Yup, the cannons seem to not be working 100% of the time. :sad1:

I just hope the big laser cannons don't go the way of the yeti.

I hope so too, but I'm not too optimistic about the odds of them getting fixed.

Maybe Disney will realize, when you take away the cool special effects and animatronics that made the ride awesome to begin with, it just becomes another ride

... that people will still pay big money and line up for, hence not much incentive to fix them, unfortunately. :sad1:

as an EE devotee I just want you all to know I feel your pain. solidarity in these trying times 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter