Roseanne tv show fan thread

I enjoyed Rosanne. I loved the Halloween episodes. I also really enjoyed the when they went to Disney World and even dark Darlene had a blast!:rotfl:

"Pooh!!!!"

"I am hugging Pooh!!!!"

:rotfl:

Found some of these on imdb.

Now that I have seen every episode so many times, I always find myself looking for mistakes.. Does anyone else do this ? :rotfl:

Goofs for
"Roseanne" (1988)

* Continuity: In the episode "Her Boyfriend's Back", Mark puts out his cigarette before he gets up from the couch to give Roseanne a message to give to Dan. As Mark is closing the door when Roseanne leaves, he has another cigarette in his hand.

* Continuity: In the episode "Brain Dead Poet Society" Roseanne only serves a plate of food to Dan and Darlene, but DJ and Becky have plates of food in front of them at the end of the scene.

* Crew or equipment visible: In "Deliverance", you can see crew members in the mirror behind the counter at the diner.

* Continuity: All of the exterior shots of the series show a front white storm door, but whenever the front door is shown from the inside, there is no storm door.

* Continuity: David Healy (Darlene's boyfriend) first meeting Connor family says, his name is Kevin Healy, Mark's brother. He is never referred to Kevin again: his name is David.

I love, love, love this series, but what makes me feel really old is that they're supposedly younger in the series than I am now!

My very favorite episode? Roseanne having PMS/Dan's surprise bday party. Everytime I'm being a PMS *itch, my DH reminds me of this episode!

Terri

Found some of these on imdb.

Now that I have seen every episode so many times, I always find myself looking for mistakes.. Does anyone else do this ? :rotfl:

Goofs for
"Roseanne" (1988)

* Continuity: In the episode "Her Boyfriend's Back", Mark puts out his cigarette before he gets up from the couch to give Roseanne a message to give to Dan. As Mark is closing the door when Roseanne leaves, he has another cigarette in his hand.

* Continuity: In the episode "Brain Dead Poet Society" Roseanne only serves a plate of food to Dan and Darlene, but DJ and Becky have plates of food in front of them at the end of the scene.

* Crew or equipment visible: In "Deliverance", you can see crew members in the mirror behind the counter at the diner.

* Continuity: All of the exterior shots of the series show a front white storm door, but whenever the front door is shown from the inside, there is no storm door.

* Continuity: David Healy (Darlene's boyfriend) first meeting Connor family says, his name is Kevin Healy, Mark's brother. He is never referred to Kevin again: his name is David.

Bolding is mine. They actually semi address that in a later episode about Darlene controlling David & Roseanne says something like "His name isn't even really David" and something to the effect of Darlene liking the name David better.

Bolding is mine. They actually semi address that in a later episode about Darlene controlling David & Roseanne says something like "His name isn't even really David" and something to the effect of Darlene liking the name David better.

That is funny. :rotfl:

Gotta love a series that spontaneously inspires a fan thread 12 years after it's been off the air. :lmao:

My favorites on the show have to be Darlene and Dan. Darlene especially hit her stride when she went all dark and moody. The "Pony Boy" episode when she and Molly from next door go to a concert is a huge favorite. :rotfl:

Heck, all three kids were great. Becky wasn't the same when played by Sarah Chalke, though; Lecy Goransen played the boy-crazy bratty martyr very well. And maybe Michael Fishman didn't have a huge number of lines you never knew quite what to expect with DJ. Remember when Becky and Darlene were getting his room ready for Jackie after she got hurt as a cop? And they found the boxes of Barbie body parts? :happytv: And the ep where he turned the tables on the bully who wanted a Twinkie each day? :rotfl2:

Gotta love a series that spontaneously inspires a fan thread 12 years after it's been off the air. :lmao:

My favorites on the show have to be Darlene and Dan. Darlene especially hit her stride when she went all dark and moody. The "Pony Boy" episode when she and Molly from next door go to a concert is a huge favorite. :rotfl:

Heck, all three kids were great. Becky wasn't the same when played by Sarah Chalke, though; Lecy Goransen played the boy-crazy bratty martyr very well. And maybe Michael Fishman didn't have a huge number of lines you never knew quite what to expect with DJ. Remember when Becky and Darlene were getting his room ready for Jackie after she got hurt as a cop? And they found the boxes of Barbie body parts? :happytv: And the ep where he turned the tables on the bully who wanted a Twinkie each day? :rotfl2:

I liked the original Becky better too

Original Becky was smart and guess you could say sassy..not sure of right word :laughing:

The new Becky acted a little bit flaky, a little bit dumb....which was completely opposite of the original Becky.. It really made no sense :confused3

However I did like when they would do things like....the first Becky came back. She was at the door and Roseanne says to her, Where the Hell have you been?"

That kind of stuff I liked with the two Beckys :lmao:

I was so sad when they stopped showing the reruns on Nick at Night. I usually get up around 4 and would watch the show while I was getting ready. Now its on TV Land, but not at 4am.

My favorite is the last show. I always cry.

One thing that made the show great was a wonderful supporting cast.

remember the chicken egg shirt?

There was a story that said that Tom Arnold hated the shirt and it was never worn while him and Roseanne were married, but once they got divorced, the shirt showed up in every episode. There was even one episode where every member of the cast wore it at one point. The one where Darlene was going to run away to school.

I am a HUGE Roseanne fan! I have the halloween episodes on DVD - they're the best!

I also love the episode where Roseanne and Jackie's father has died and the scene with Jackie trying to call their aunt to give her the news but the aunt is hard of hearing.
"I have some bad news. Dad isn't with us anymore. Dad has passed away. He's gone. Dad's dead. He's dead! No, dead!
Dad's fine, he sends his love."

My favorite episode is when Dan punches Jackie’s boyfriend Fisher and he ends up in Jail and Darlene has to bail him out.

Obi-Wan Pinobi said:
Gotta love a series that spontaneously inspires a fan thread 12 years after it's been off the air.
Off the air? Man, you gotta get cable! It ran on Nick at Nite until recently, two episodes per night, in order. Now it's moved to TVLand, with 'several' episodes almost every night - sometimes morphing into a mini-marathon!
Obi-Wan Pinobi said:
My favorites on the show have to be Darlene and Dan. Darlene especially hit her stride when she went all dark and moody. The "Pony Boy" episode when she and Molly from next door go to a concert is a huge favorite.
Yep - this one aired about 2 AM today! "That was Charlotte. Molly just called. Darlene, you'll be glad to know you're on your way home and you should be here in about an hour".

Trentmom said:
However I did like when they would do things like....the first Becky came back. She was at the door and Roseanne says to her, Where the Hell have you been?"
"I just went to the store." "Well, it seems like you've been gone about three years!" :rotfl2:

diesel said:
My favorite episode is when Dan punches Jackie’s boyfriend Fisher and he ends up in Jail and Darlene has to bail him out.
That was on this morning, too. Can you tell I don't sleep well?

Love this show! I see a lot of my family in theirs!:rotfl2:Not sure if that is good or bad! I catch reruns a couple times of week. I hate the ones after they win the lottery! My fav is also when Dan punches Fisher light out for hitting Jackie; reminds me of what DH would do! I :thumbsup2 I think it is nice they are a tight knit, all be it , disfunctional relastic family model!

YEAH!!! :thumbsup2

The Roseanne show is the reason I go to sleep so late!

I love the fact that the script was realistic.

The show didn't mince words when it came to the everyday ups and downs of a middle class couple and their imperfect children!

Pertaining to most "family" shows; nothing says "sham" quicker than an always clean house filled with perfect kids and a couple who are lovey dovey all the time.
PLEASE!

So funny you said that. The whole summer I've been up late watching the reruns. Same ones over and over, but yet I enjoy them and continue to laugh.
Since we can relate to the family I guess is the reason why I got hook on it. I am quiet similar to Roseanne. Heavy set, smart mouthed, close to family, somewhat control freak, loving husband who caters to me. so on. Of course also middle class. not middle class white trash as she says. :rotfl2:

IMO I like Sarah Chalke better than the other Becky- Lecy Gorman.

A little Roseanne Triva

Shelley Winters plays Estelle Parsons' mother in the show, but she is only seven years older in real life.

Jim Varney's character's full name was Prince Carlos Phillip Jonathon Kent Arthur William Hobson Peppy Charmaine.

D.J. was born in 1981.

D.J. stand for David Jacob.

Sal Barone was originally cast as D.J. and appeared in the pilot. However, there was a writer's strike after the pilot was filmed and the producers took the opportunity to recast the part with someone a bit younger before production continued. There was also some friction on the set between Barone and 'Sara Gilbert (I)', which may have contributed to the producer's decision.

Sal Barone was originally cast as D.J. and appeared in the pilot. However, there was some friction on the set between Barone and 'Sara Gilbert (I)' so his mother took him off the show.

All the exterior shots going to and coming from commercial breaks are shots of various city streets and buildings in Evansville, IN. This is where Matt Williams, the executive producer, attended college.

Alicia Goranson's request to wear her hair shorter as Becky was originally turned down by the producers. Goranson took her case to Roseanne, who solved the issue by taking up a pair of scissors and hacking Goranson's hair short then and there.

Sometimes, posters for the comic book "The Sandman" can be seen in Darlene's bedroom. These were suggested by then-writer Joss Whedon.

The character 'Dan Conner' was ranked #13 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" (20 June 2004 issue).

In Alicia Goranson's first episode after her absence, Rosanne and Dan are in D.Js old room which they are fixing up for the new baby, when Becky shows up at the door with a drop cloth to paint the room and Rosanne says "Where the hell have you been?" a little later, Darlene and D.J are in the laundry room when Becky walks in Darlene says "Where the hell have you been?", referring to her replacement by Sarah Chalke.Prompting Becky to say "why is everyone asking that"?

Not only did two actresses play Becky (Alicia Goranson and Sarah Chalke) but there were also two D.Js (Sal Barone and Michael Fishman), two actresses playing Dan's mother Audrey Conner (Ann Wedgeworth and Debbie Reynolds), three actors playing Crystal's son Lonnie (Josh C. Williams, 'Luke Edwards' and Kristopher Kent Hill) and two actors playing DJ's best friend Todd ('Troy Davidson' and Adam Hendershott)

"Corn" (the vegetable) is shown or mentioned in every episode. (usually canned corn)

All three of Roseanne's husbands (Bill Pentland, Tom Arnold, and Ben Thomas) made at least one guest appearance on the show.

The show's original title was "Life and Stuff".

During the last four seasons of the show, recurring guest stars Johnny Galecki (David) and Glenn Quinn (Mark) actually appear in more episodes than their on-screen girlfriends/wives Sara Gilbert (Darlene) and Sarah Chalke/Lecy Goranson (Becky)

Early during the first season, Roseanne frequently butted heads with the show's creator Matt Williams. Williams worked as the executive producer for the show's first thirteen episodes, but quit when Roseanne vehemently refused to say to her on-screen husband, "Well, you're my equal in bed, but that's it." Roseanne felt it was a line her character would never say.

Although Alicia Goranson returned in the eight season to play Becky, Sarah Chalke, her replacement, still played Becky in some episodes that season. When Goranson left the show again at the end of the season, Chalke took on the role of Becky full time again.

George Clooney appeared in the first season, as Roseanne's boss at the factory where she worked.

Becky was born 15 March 1975.

Allegedly, in the early years there was a naked picture of George Clooney, only covering his privates with "Groucho"-style goggles, on the set fridge. This photo was supposedly taken by John Goodman or Roseanne when the three went out drinking one night. Then it mysteriously disappeared from the set one day.

During Lecy Goranson's short return to the role of Becky, Sarah Chalke made a cameo appearance in a Halloween episode. She appeared at the front door with children, trick-or-treating.

In one episode, Jackie says what she loves about Chicago is the theatre. In real-life, Laurie Metcalf is one of Chicago's most famous stage actresses.

This theme song was instrumental for all but the last season of the show, when it featured lyrics sung by John Popper of Blues Traveler.

Ned Beatty is not quite 15 years older than his on-screen son John Goodman.

Beverly's middle name is Lorraine.

The character name, Arnie Thomas, is a play on Tom Arnold's name.

During season 8 there were two episodes ("We're Going to Disney World" and "Disney World War II") in which the Connor family visited and loved the Walt Disney World Resort. An episode or set of episodes shot at Disney World or Disneyland was a frequent requirement of family shows on ABC after the network merged with the Walt Disney Company in July 1995 (other ABC shows that did this included "Boy Meets World" (1993), "Step by Step" (1991), "Full House" (1987) and "Family Matters" (1989)). The next _Roseanne_ episode aired after the cast returned from Disney World was "Springtime for David," in which David goes to work in a sinister and secretive amusement park; this episode is widely understood to be a parody of the Disney parks.

Sarah Chalke took over the role of Becky for the final time in the 8th season she showed up in the episode "We're Goimg to Disney World!" When she enters the first scene Roseanne says "Well you picked the right week to come back."

My favorite episode is when Dan and Roseanne decide to smoke the pot that one of the kids found. I crack up everytime they show Jackie in the tub.

"Am I in the sink? Am I shrinking?"

Haha too funny. I continue to watch reruns.

So how many of us real Roseanne's are their? I always seen myself in her. We say we're white trash with money ! My Bf, in real life, name is Jackie; and I feel like she is one my kids most of the time! I could easily see my oldest dd marrying a Mark!:scared1: The town of Landford Il could be a carbon copy for our hometown! Very scary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter