Rose & Crown ok solo? or ideas for takeout in UK?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
Or should I grab take out and go listen to British Invasion?
Also have Crystal Palace solo brkfst and KTTK tour booked for that same day

I've eaten solo at R&C twice, and enjoyed it both times. The first time was pretty busy and hectic in there though. But the second time, I was seated in a small room at the end and my server was so very nice to me. It was such a relaxing meal-I'd recommend it for lunch.

I've eaten once solo at R&C and it happened to be on my first solo trip. I went around 1:30pm and I was seated immeadiately, but I found the resturant was pretty filled. It was my first ever sitdown meal alone and I did feel funny, but I ordered a Guiness (my first too) and just read my Epcot map. I found after the whole dining experience it was very enjoyable, and not a big deal being solo.

Since that "first", and a couple more solo trips, I'm very comfortable enjoing Disney on my own.

I ate dinner at R&C my 1st solo trip. I knew I wouldn't get the patio for watching illuminations, since there was only one of me. I had a great server, he definately spent a little extra time talking with me, I felt very comfortable here. At the end of the meal, which was just before illuminations time, my server surprised me by showing me to a little area on the patio just to the left of their diners, and I had a front row view pixiedust:

I would make the ADR and go and enjoy, relax and cool off :)

Hi Cassie :wave2: Remember our meal on the patio in the rain LOL
If you're looking for that 2nd Guiness you should try one at Ragland Road ;) I found it was just what I needed the day Wilma hit in Oct . I wasn't going back to wdw until Oct but have planned a May trip now :goodvibes When is your next trip?

katypop

Hi Katypop

I sure do remember having dinner in the rain with you and Taz :goodvibes It was so much fun. I had 2 ressies for this year...one in Oct, and one in May, which is my favorite month to go. But sadly I decided to spend some money on much needed work on my condo this year. Oct may not be out though. My son has a timeshare on the beach in Daytona, and I will be going down there for a week, so maybe I will stop at WDW on my way home. :rolleyes:

cassie said:
Hi Katypop

I sure do remember having dinner in the rain with you and Taz :goodvibes It was so much fun. I had 2 ressies for this year...one in Oct, and one in May, which is my favorite month to go. But sadly I decided to spend some money on much needed work on my condo this year. Oct may not be out though. My son has a timeshare on the beach in Daytona, and I will be going down there for a week, so maybe I will stop at WDW on my way home. :rolleyes:

I SHOULD be spending on other things too, but I AM spending it at disney LOL. If you end up going during the last two weeks of Oct maybe we can meet up again.

newholidayx2...so...any decisions yet? I think you will really enjoy the KTTK tour solo. I've done a few tours solo now and it's a great way to spend a few hours :)

katypop

This is one of my favorite must-dines at Disney World. :thumbsup2 Have dined here several times solo and have always had excellent food & service. I usually book a table for an hour to an hour & a half prior to Illuminations. I usually check-in early and request a patio table. I also mention that I don't mind waiting for one. Have had great luck each time.

katypop said:
I SHOULD be spending on other things too, but I AM spending it at disney LOL. If you end up going during the last two weeks of Oct maybe we can meet up again.
katypop
Hey, guys - ME TOO! Katypop - of course I'll be dining with you once again in May. But Cassie, if you're in Daytona for a week and have any free time, let me know if you'd like to meet for lunch or something. I live about 8 miles from Daytona Beach. :teeth:

Katypop & Taz, I'll let you both know about Oct. :sunny:

taswira said:
Hey, guys - ME TOO! Katypop - of course I'll be dining with you once again in May. But Cassie, if you're in Daytona for a week and have any free time, let me know if you'd like to meet for lunch or something. I live about 8 miles from Daytona Beach. :teeth:

LOL Shari, Of course you're invited too :goodvibes

cassie said:
I've eaten once solo at R&C and it happened to be on my first solo trip. I went around 1:30pm and I was seated immeadiately, but I found the resturant was pretty filled. It was my first ever sitdown meal alone and I did feel funny, but I ordered a Guiness (my first too) and just read my Epcot map. I found after the whole dining experience it was very enjoyable, and not a big deal being solo.

Since that "first", and a couple more solo trips, I'm very comfortable enjoing Disney on my own.

I'm planning my first solo trip for October and R&C is at the top of my list.

There's nothing like a Guiness to keep you company. :rotfl2:

I'm not saying that's what you meant, but it works for me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter