Rose & Crown and Illuminations

ACJT

DIS Veteran
What time should I make my ADR for at Rose & Crown if I want to watch Illuminations at 9:00pm while eating dessert??

We typically aim for 7:20 - 7:40. That maximizes the chances of getting a table with a view of Illuminations.

Many folks recommend, however, making reservations much earlier, and ensuring that you're done with dinner by 7:20 - 7:40, and then finding a spot to watch Illuminations elsewhere around the World Showcase Lagoon. That's because there is no way to guarantee that you'll get a table at Rose and Crown with a view of the show. They don't allow folks to reserve, or even to request, those tables. Tables are offered on a take-it-or-leave basis -- they won't allow guests to wait for a table with a view of the show any more (because they've had problems between guests before based on perceived favoritism). So each guest booking reservations around 7:30 has about a 30% chance of getting a table with a view of the show, and those odds aren't good enough for many people.

We did this a couple weeks ago, and had a 7:20 reservation. It was wonderful! We had a fantastic view for Illuminations, and the food was great! I really wasn't expecting a great meal, but we were a party of 12 and all were very pleasantly surprised at how good our food was. I'd highly recommend it.

I have a 7.20pm ADr and we are hoping for a table on the patio...especially as its our 1st aniversary that day and we watched illuminations on our wedding day last August.:)
But if we don't get one...no matter ...we'll watch it from the special viewing area they have.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter