Rose & Crown 7:45 ADR and 9:30 Illuminations

jaysmom4285

DIS Veteran
We've often had a 7:45 or so ADR at Rose and Crown and were always told by the servers that we were welcome to stay at our table on the deck for Illuminations at 9 PM. I don't think they even take ADRs much after 7:45 anyway, so I doubt we're taking up anyone else's table. We're going in two weeks, when Illuminations is at 9:30. Am I safe to assume that we can still stay to watch Illuminations at 9:30, if we're lucky enough to get a table on the deck? I don't know if the restaurant has an actual closing time, or if it's just when the last patron leaves.

Actually, I'm the OP, and I can now speak from experience. We had a 7:45 ADR in December when Illuminations was at 9:30. I checked in as late as I could - just at 7:45, or a few minutes after, and asked for a table on the deck, which we got. I asked the server if we could stretch this out until Illuminations, and he said the table was ours for the rest of the night and not to worry about it. I did see some people seated quite a bit later - maybe walk-ins if there was room. But we were welcomed to stay and watch Illuminations, and the server even said he would keep the service slower paced for us.

If you don't get a table on the deck, or if it's a bad view from your table, Rose & Crown has it's own private viewing area for the fireworks. Just let your server know you want to go down there for the fireworks and they will bring you down. We did this in April and it worked perfectly. Great view and no crowd to deal with. Between that and the awesome food, definitely a strategy I will utilize again.

I've wanted to do this but am not sure the outdoor tables can accommodate a party of 6. Does anyone know?

We had ADR at 730 for 930 fireworks and was told the same, table was ours. We did see some 6 seat tables on the lower portion of the deck. The view is likely slightly worse but still quite good, and you could easily move to the open areas if your view isn't ideal. I recommend going here for a meal and fireworks views.

I've wanted to do this but am not sure the outdoor tables can accommodate a party of 6. Does anyone know?

Yes they can accommodate 6 in one of the corner tables on the upper deck that I can remember and a few tables in the lower one. We've done this several times with between 4 -6 people and the view is great. It's not a guaranteed outside table view but we've had it all but once this past May when there were heavy rains and half the outside seating was closed, even with the protective sides down.

Yes they can accommodate 6 in one of the corner tables on the upper deck that I can remember and a few tables in the lower one. We've done this several times with between 4 -6 people and the view is great. It's not a guaranteed outside table view but we've had it all but once this past May when there were heavy rains and half the outside seating was closed, even with the protective sides down.
That's encouraging and good to know. I was afraid the only option was inside. But, from what I'm hearing that wouldn't be the end of the world. We haven't done illuminations in some time as one of the parties in our group can no longer stand in one place for long periods of time. (Balance issues.) I thought Rose and Crown might be a nice alternative to have dinner and see illuminations. Thank you for your response.

Party of 6 is no problem for the outdoor patio tables. We've done this MANY times. As a matter of fact, we've done this every summer for the past 10 years, and will be doing exactly this twice this coming summer.

That's encouraging and good to know. I was afraid the only option was inside. But, from what I'm hearing that wouldn't be the end of the world. We haven't done illuminations in some time as one of the parties in our group can no longer stand in one place for long periods of time. (Balance issues.) I thought Rose and Crown might be a nice alternative to have dinner and see illuminations. Thank you for your response.

You also have the option for FEA dessert party to see Illuminations. I believe they have seating also.

I'm not sure when your trip is, but you may want to keep an eye on this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/rumor-illuminations-replacement.3667263/
There are rumors the show may start to have a temporary replacement in the near future.

Inspired by this thread, I just made a 7:45pm dinner reservation at Rose and Crown for January 2nd :)

2 years ago my husband and I had a good experience with an ADR at La Hacienda de San Angel. For our wedding anniversary, my husband and I made an 8:30pm reservation but arrived early at about 7:50. We stated we knew we were early but were hoping for a seat by the window with a fireworks view and were willing to wait. The CM made no guarantee, and we agreed of course and settled in for what we thought would be a long wait. Less than 5 min later we were seated at a cozy for table for 2 inside in front of a window with a PERFECT view. We took our time with appetizers, drinks, then entrees etc and by the time we were 1/2 way through entrees it was time for Illuminations. It was unbelievable.

Looking forward to taking our chances at the Rose and Crown with the kids this year! Well, next year really.

So glad to hear all this. We have a 7:45 adr on Thanksgiving, with Illuminations at 9:30.

Party of 6 is no problem for the outdoor patio tables. We've done this MANY times. As a matter of fact, we've done this every summer for the past 10 years, and will be doing exactly this twice this coming summer.
Thanks for your response. I tried previously to find pictures of the seating but didn't see any outdoor seating that would accommodate 6, so this is great to know.

Thanks for your response. I tried previously to find pictures of the seating but didn't see any outdoor seating that would accommodate 6, so this is great to know.

For sure, there were at least 2 round tables near the corner of the building outside that would seat 6 people when I was there last August. We sat at one of them, as a party of 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter