Rose and Crown + yard of Ale

Sandy321

<font color=darkorchid>Crazy enough to want to do
Just curious, when we went in Sept they were no longer selling the 1/2 yard of ale in the souveneir glasses -

they werent sure if they were going to be bringing them back - -

anyone been lately with an update?

TIA

They're gone!:mad:

We were there at the end of Nov. - heard many reasons as to why: too many people getting drunk(not buying that one!) and the concern of spreading germs when refilling a yard glass from the tap. Who knows?:confused3

Well that is upsetting.
I must say though I love your monorail thing in the signature Sandy.

Dh will be so disappointed, several years ago we got a lakeside table for illuminations and he had a 1/2, 1/2 and 1/2 and loved it so much!

They're gone!:mad:

We were there at the end of Nov. - heard many reasons as to why: too many people getting drunk(not buying that one!) and the concern of spreading germs when refilling a yard glass from the tap. Who knows?:confused3

The germ thing is probably right. It isnt exactly hygenic pumping used half yards from the taps.

It was for financial reasons. If it was germs, then all those resort mugs which people are refilling from the soda taps after drinking out of them would be discontinued also.

I am so done with the "germaphobia".

You can't spread germs from a tap. The fluid output does not come in contact with anything.

Wash your hands with soap and water and your are fine. My kid has to use that special germ soap at school all the time and she is sick 10x more than i was as a kid.

Why.

because being exposed to germs is good for you. your body learns how to fight them off. Now if you take away all germs, then get exposed to something new, or bad....your body has no idea how to fight it off, and you get sick.

Hi, just returned home on the 31st. we spend most of our time in the UK. the 1/2 yards are gone and they only sell the pints. Now last year my dad and boyfriend did a test and figured out for your money the pint is cheaper per once than the 1/2 yard. have fun on your trip.

It was for financial reasons. If it was germs, then all those resort mugs which people are refilling from the soda taps after drinking out of them would be discontinued also.

However the beer tap has to actually touch the side of the 1/2 yard in order to fill it where as the mugs dont so I still feel this may also have been a reason. I used to pour 1/2 yards at the beer cart there and to get the yard to fill you have to angle it so the tap does touch the top rim of the 1/2 yard glass so there is some contact (granted of the inside of the glass) and therefore some chance of passing germs. Because the 1/2 yards are never cleaned properly between use (just rinsed) the beer pumps are likely to have some germs on them. You were meant to wipe the pipe between pours but Im sure in practise we didn't do it every time and it was always done with a j-cloth so the germs were likely to be on that anyway.

Cost wise however I know the half yard glasses were expensive (well in Disney standards) for the company to buy in so makes sense that part of it was cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter