Rose and Crown question.

jerlove

Hello
We have ADR's for the Rose and Crown for a table of 8.

Most of us are planning on having the Fish and Chips and just noticed that there are two different menus. One for the pub side and one for the dinning room.

The fish and chips in the dinning room is $19.99 and on the pub side they are $9.49. Why is there a $10.00 price difference? First I thought portion size but then saw a picture of the plate for the dining room and the portion was not very large.

Can anyone help me understand. Thinking we should ask to be sat in the pub side.

I'm not sure where you're getting your prices from. The difference between the restaurant and the pub. Based on the menus I've seen, the difference is $1, not $10. Are you looking at the Yorkshire fish shop, the counter service walk-up window?

Interesting. Touringplans.com is different, but allears.net matches MDE. I'm not sure which is accurate. Regardless, it's not just a matter of asking to be seated on the pub side. The pub side is separate and doesn't take reservations.

The R&C Dining Room takes reservations, but the R&C Pub does not. The Pub is the front section of the building and has a very limited menu of 4 or 5 items. It is walk in and has only a few tables (about 3 tables and 4 or 5 standing high tops).

With a reservation you will be seated in the Dining Room or patio and not the Pub and will have to order from the dining room menu. If you decide to cancel the Dining Room res and eat in the Pub, those who want to will not be able to order from the dining room menu. Also, the Pub is not on the dining plan.

There is also the Yorkshire Fish and Chips stand right outside the R&C.

. . . The fish and chips in the dinning room is $19.99 and on the pub side they are $9.49. Why is there a $10.00 price difference? . . .

. . . one is the dining room and the other is the Pub
. . . one portion is large and with sides, the other is a smaller portion as a Pub snack
. . . one is a seated meal, the other is a standing meal
. . . and, no, you can't order Pub food in the dining room, or vice-versa

The pub has 3 tables for 4 and they are always full. You would have to wait for 2 parties to leave their tables as well as be the next "in line" to sit. We have been to the pub innumerable times and only been able to sit once. Getting 2 tables next to each other in a reasonable amount of time is highly unlikely.

You can't ask to be sat on the pub side, it is separate from the restaurant. If you make a reservation for the restaurant you would be seated in the restaurant and order from the restaurant menu. The pub is first come first served, no reservations, has limited menu and seating (and at certain more crowded times of year the seating is removed) and doesn't accept the dining plan.

I believe there are some tables outside that they'll deliver pub food to although I haven't tried doing that. It would likely be difficult to seat a party of 8 inside the pub unless you show up as soon as they open for business.

I am using the menus from the MDE app.

The link on the dining thread here on the Dis to www.wdwinfo.Com or the dining page on Allears.net are both much accurate overall then the official Disney site. We had the pub side fish & chips on one trip when we were also snacking at Food and Wine for dinner. It was smaller then the dining room portion at Rowe & Crown and the order we got at Cooke's in DTD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter