Rope Drop Timing/Procedures

Sandysbuddy

Mouseketeer
There has been a lot of information on the new opening procedures/times at MK but I am not finding current info on the other parks. What time have they been letting everyone in at the other parks and are they then holding the crowds at a some point in the park until closer to opening time? I know the last time we were there, they were opening HS a little early but I wasn't sure if this was still the case.

Thanks!

There has been a lot of information on the new opening procedures/times at MK but I am not finding current info on the other parks. What time have they been letting everyone in at the other parks and are they then holding the crowds at a some point in the park until closer to opening time? I know the last time we were there, they were opening HS a little early but I wasn't sure if this was still the case.

Thanks!

Epcot: Enter 10-25 min. early. Hold near Spaceship Earth or the Fountain of Nations.
DHS: Enter 10-25 min. early. Hold on Hollywood Blvd. near Sunset Blvd.
DAK: Enter 10-25 min. early. Hold between Oasis and Tree of Life.

Last edited:

Thanks!

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding same for MK?
Thanks!

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding same for MK?
Thanks!

The following are the "gate-opening" procedures for regular-hours days.

MK: Enter Main Street USA 60-75 min. early.
Guests can stroll and shop Main St.
Hold area in Castle Hub.
MK Welcome Show on Castle Stage at 8:55AM for 9AM open.

Epcot: Enter 10-25 min. early. Hold near Spaceship Earth or the Fountain of Nations.

Last edited:
So do I assume the ferry for MK is not operational and the trams are not either. So you would walk yourself from the parking lot if you are there an hour early. Is that correct?

So do I assume the ferry for MK is not operational and the trams are not either. So you would walk yourself from the parking lot if you are there an hour early. Is that correct?

No. Guests cannot walk from the MK parking lot (TTC) to the MK gates. (#3 to #1 on the map below.)
There will be one or more of the following operating from TTC to MK gates: Monorails, Ferry boats, Buses.

Also, most guests staying at WDW Resorts will take the Disney buses to the MK gates.

MK-Area-2Lakes-5Resorts.jpg

Last edited:

DHS: Enter 10-25 min. early. Hold near Great Movie Ride.
Last week at HS they held us where the road goes right to TOT and RNR so not sure if this is what you meat but we did not make it as fair as the great movie ride.

Last week at HS they held us where the road goes right to TOT and RNR so not sure if this is what you meat but we did not make it as fair as the great movie ride.

That's the intersection of Hollywood Blvd. ("main" st. of DHS) and Sunset Blvd. (street to ToT/RnRC.)

And, yes, that's what I am calling "near Great Movie Ride"
but, I will change how I state that in the future.

Thanks!

Is there a rope drop for World Showcase? DD is heading down for spring break and didn't get a fast pass for Frozen. She's looking for the best strategy to get to Norway when World Showcase opens at 11.

Is there a rope drop for World Showcase? DD is heading down for spring break and didn't get a fast pass for Frozen. She's looking for the best strategy to get to Norway when World Showcase opens at 11.

Norway and Frozen open at 9am with Future World

For the rest of World Showcase, there is a rope up past Norway and a rope up past France. Once it's 11am they remove those ropes

Rope drop just refers to when the park opens, and the Frozen ride actually opens at park opening, not at 11.

The following are the "gate-opening" procedures for regular-hours days.

MK: Enter Main Street USA 60-75 min. early.
Guests can stroll and shop Main St.
Hold area in Castle Hub.
MK Welcome Show on Castle Stage at 8:55AM for 9AM open.

I know things can vary day-to-day and FWIW we were at MK last Saturday and AK today (Tuesday) and RD was exactly as you described. We were at Epcot Sunday and we were headed to Soarin first. They let guests go early and we got into the Soarin line at 8:53AM and were nowhere near the first people in line. I did not check my watch when they did RD but it must have been about 10 minutes before park opening. I have no idea how FEA was handled that morning and whether folks got to ride before 9AM.

:wizard:

1. I know things can vary day-to-day

2. and FWIW we were at MK last Saturday and AK today (Tuesday) and RD was exactly as you described.

3. We were at Epcot Sunday and we were headed to Soarin first. They let guests go early and we got into the Soarin line at 8:53AM and were nowhere near the first people in line. I did not check my watch when they did RD but it must have been about 10 minutes before park opening. I have no idea how FEA was handled that morning and whether folks got to ride before 9AM.

1. For SURE.
2. Yup.
3. Thanks for the first-hand report. Good to hear that they did that.
On some days, they have even opened Epcot and some prime attractions as much as 30 min. before the posted opening time, all unannounced.

But, overall, what to expect is... you just DON'T KNOW what to expect. ;)

So, that's why, if you want to be "early" into the parks... arrive EARLY to the gates!

Does anyone know, in the 10-30 minute window that the parks are open, but before the rides start running, are the FP+ kiosks working? I know this is the case at MK when Main St is open and for PPO guests, but wasn't sure on the other parks.

Does anyone know, in the 10-30 minute window that the parks are open, but before the rides start running, are the FP+ kiosks working? I know this is the case at MK when Main St is open and for PPO guests, but wasn't sure on the other parks.

They will usually be open.

Just checking - Are the special AP lines @ the gates open during the 'early' rope drop period @ MK?

I liked the way they opened HS a few years ago. Start letting everyone through the tapstiles 10-15 minutes early right onto rides without holding a crowd or rope drop anywhere. It was so orderly without the running of the bulls. It eliminated the maneuvering while waiting for rope drop. First at the tapstiles meant first on TSMM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter