Rope Drop Timing and Process from International Gateway

GrnMtnMan

DIS Veteran
Can anybody offer any tips about entering Epcot from the International Gateway for rope drop in order to hit Test Track or Soarin first-thing? Like, is it an advantage, disadvantage, or is it a wash? I've done searches, but didn't find anything that addressed this specific issue. Please point me to the right place if there's been a recent discussion.

We're staying at the BCVs this trip, and I'm hoping we can do Test Track first thing in the morning in the standby line with just a minimal wait. Josh at EasyWDW just posted a plan, but it starts at the main entrance, and he stresses that if you're not among the first people at the tap-stiles, you could hit a 30+ minute wait right at park opening.

Back in 2010, when we stayed at the Swan, there was no advantage or disadvantage to the IG. Sometime before opening, everybody was allowed into the park then held back by ropes at the pin trading station/fountain area. Main entrance and IG guests were basically allowed to the same point, then released, so there was no difference.

If the IG guests are at a disadvantage, we could easily drive to Epcot and get in line at the main entrance.

Thanks!

We stayed at BC about a month ago, and we weren't allowed through the tapstiles until right at opening. We hustled to Test Track from the IG (2 fairly in shape adults), and we had a 20 minute-ish wait. If there's a disadvantage, it's slight.

This Oct will mark our 10th time staying in an Epcot area resort, we've used the IG many times. Sometimes we'd actually get let in minutes before opening so that we'd hear the opening show as we approached Soarin', of course the show is no more. Usually it's opening time on the dot, once last year we had a chatty CM so full of himself that he talked past the opening time but that was a one off.

Bill From PA

You will be at a slight disadvantage, but really not by much. We've done RD from IG and hot-footed it over to Soarin'. FW entrants beat us there, but we walked right through and were on one of the first rides of the day. My advice would be to RD Soarin' from IG as you are on that side of the park anyway. TT is a little bit further of a walk.

Thanks for all the tips!
My advice would be to RD Soarin' from IG as you are on that side of the park anyway. TT is a little bit further of a walk.
This makes sense. My original thinking was doing TT first and FP for Soarin, since the TT queue is interesting and a 20 minute wait there isn't so bad. But I think I'll reevaluate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter