• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rope Drop ROR (Rise of the Resistance)

MelissaMakesCakes

Earning My Ears
Im wondering if it is worth trying to rope drop Rise of The Resistance. It seems like even getting there right away there could be a massive crowd that could hold you up and spend the first park hour in line (and on the attraction since its a long one). Maybe its better to head straight to lesser attractions like TOT and Rocking Roller coaster and do those a couple times. I will be a resort guest who gets there early- but it sounds like it still may be impossible to be at the front of the line. Anyone have experience with this lately. Now that Micky and Minnies Runaway Railway I bet everyone goes to Rise at rope drop?

Even if you are at the front of the RD crowd Rise eats up time because the winding queue snakes around for about 25 minutes. Then as you say, the ride itself take a long time, even without breakdowns. Perhaps consider purchasing an ILL$ for Rise, then conquering your other must do rides during early entry/RD.

If you are not close to the front of RD, I would do something different. The wait builds quickly.
If you don't spend the money for ILL$, wait times often are less later in the day. However, if you get there early and are near the front of the line, I would do it.

Even if you are at the front of the RD crowd Rise eats up time because the winding queue snakes around for about 25 minutes. Then as you say, the ride itself take a long time, even without breakdowns. Perhaps consider purchasing an ILL$ for Rise, then conquering your other must do rides during early entry/RD.
If you can squeeze it into your budget, this. Rope dropped MMRR (when it was on ILL) and Millenium Falcon, used Genie for the rest of the day and was able to squeeze everything else in.

I’m in line now- we tried to get a LL at 7 am but we’re unsuccessful. Long line with tons of people walking in with LL. This kind of sucks

I’m in line now- we tried to get a LL at 7 am but we’re unsuccessful. Long line with tons of people walking in with LL. This kind of sucks
It's now 9:04am and your post is 50 minutes old. Are you through RotR yet?

Last Wednesday I was about the 3rd car let in to parkinglot (7:00am) and ended up being within the first 100-200 in line for rise. Was able to walk on to mfsr right after. Stayed one night at holiday inn disney springs for this before moving to a condo.

Even if you are within the first 700 people I'd say it's worth it. The line is at 4 hours today.

My strategy is to just wait about 10 years for the popularity of this ride to cool off before finally having the chance to experience it! I have been to Hollywood studios about 15 times since the attraction first opened but have yet to make it on. However, might have to break down and just do the rope drop strategy and brave the sea of humanity rushing for a singular purpose.

Was there over presidents week. Awful crowds. Worst on 50years. Found G+ to be a ripoff as most passes were gone by noon and only got 1 at 7A before they were gone (stupid 2hr rule). That being said did RD for RoR....and I mean early. Park open 9A, resort guests 8:30 (big deal 30 min), and got there at 7:15 when crowds were forming. Strangely park opened for hotel guests at 8A (unannounced). Were on and off RoR by 8:45. Can't imagine if I had shown up for 8:30 hotel guest opening. Great ride, best part of the day...only got worse as the masses descended on the park and G+ ran out by 11:30 (paid 15/pp for 1 pass at ToT where I guess we saved 2hr wait, decided to ILL$ MMRR - now part of G+). Good luck to this who brave Disney any time soon. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter