Rope Drop First Timer

somagical

Earning My Ears
Hi All- My DH and I will be heading down to WDW next week (can't wait :cool1:) and we are planning on getting to some of the parks for rope drop for the first time ever. We are staying at POR. My question is, how far before park opening should we leave the resort to get there for rope drop? Thanks for the tips :flower3:

Be at the Bus Stop NO later than 8:00 AM to be sure.:)

If driving,leave by 8:15 AM to be sure.

Some people will say be at the bus stop by 8:00 or earlier.

I don't care much for standing in line for 40 minutes for Rope Drop, so we usually aim to be at the bus stop by 8:20. If we just make a bus, I figure we are to the park by 8:40, and have a 20-minute maximum wait. If we just miss a bus, I figure we will still catch one by 8:40 and will make it to the park just about Rope Drop time.

Some people will say be at the bus stop by 8:00 or earlier.

I don't care much for standing in line for 40 minutes for Rope Drop, so we usually aim to be at the bus stop by 8:20. If we just make a bus, I figure we are to the park by 8:40, and have a 20-minute maximum wait. If we just miss a bus, I figure we will still catch one by 8:40 and will make it to the park just about Rope Drop time.
That is a great strategy if Rope Drop Shows aren't important to the Guest.:)

Personally the Rope Drop Shows are a HUGE part of the Rope Drop experience for me(especially Magic Kingdom Welcome).:)

Also the difference in Rope Drop line position for the E-Tickets(Example:TSMM) can be substantial depending on arrival time.:)

Also the difference in Rope Drop line position for the E-Tickets(Example:TSMM) can be substantial depending on arrival time.:)

This is true.

I tack on an extra 10 minutes for Toy Story Mania at Rope Drop.

Rope Drop at MK is a must do!!! From POP we were on the bus by 7:10 am for EMH (8am) at MK. The timing was great we were front row center!!! It was so exciting when the train came.... :cheer2:

I wish I was there now...

Please explain "rope drop". I get the basic concept but here's a couple of questions: if it is not EMHs at MK, Magic Kingdom opens at 9:00? So one gets there early enough for "the rope drop" and show. Is the show at the entrance of the park so the show is watched before you enter? Does the show start right at 9:00? How long is it? Also, we have a 9:10 breakfast ADR at CP, will we make it? Please feel free to give any advice you might think pertinent.

We are staying at WL so will probably be taking the boat over but we will also have a car so can drive.

Thanks.

Please explain "rope drop". I get the basic concept but here's a couple of questions: if it is not EMHs at MK, Magic Kingdom opens at 9:00? So one gets there early enough for "the rope drop" and show. Is the show at the entrance of the park so the show is watched before you enter? Does the show start right at 9:00? How long is it? Also, we have a 9:10 breakfast ADR at CP, will we make it? Please feel free to give any advice you might think pertinent.

We are staying at WL so will probably be taking the boat over but we will also have a car so can drive.

Thanks.

You wil be let in through the turnstiles to the area in front of the Mickey Floral.:)

There will be ropes blocking entrance to the Train Station Tunnels.

Magic Kingdom Welcome takes place on the Train Station platform.

It begins at approximately 8:50.

You will have no problem making your ADR.The ropes will "drop" promptly at 9:00 at ther conclusion of Magic Kingdom Welcome.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter