Rope Drop at AK

BAST

DIS Veteran
Has rope drop been moved back to the Tree of Life area, or is it still located right by the turnstile entrance?

When we were there in March 2009 it was done at the Oasis.

Haven't been to a rope drop since! LOL Too early for us.

Has rope drop been moved back to the Tree of Life area, or is it still located right by the turnstile entrance?

DAK-RopeDroptemp_020310.jpg

1- I think it is still up by the tree, but

3- no Mickey popping up.

2- Could be wrong.

1- Nope.

2- Mickey is now IN and AT the guest-area ceremony.

3- Yup. ;)

Wow Robo! Thanks for the picture. I didn't realize how big AK actually was. I haven't been there since 1999. Any idea how long it will take to walk to Tusker House from where the busses drop you off?

We have a 8:10 ressie (park opens at 9am). I'm hoping the busses will be running early enough to get there in time. Otherwise, I guess we will be taking a caf.

We have a 8:10 ressie (park opens at 9am). I'm hoping the busses will be running early enough to get there in time. Otherwise, I guess we will be taking a caf.

The buses from the resorts to the parks begin running EVERY DAY about 6:30 AM.
You'll be just fine. :thumbsup2

Wow Robo! Thanks for the picture. I didn't realize how big AK actually was. I haven't been there since 1999. Any idea how long it will take to walk to Tusker House from where the busses drop you off?

The buses will get you there plenty early. Probably a 15 meinute leisurely stroll from the bus drop off, including bag check

Wow Robo! Thanks for the picture. I didn't realize how big AK actually was. I haven't been there since 1999.

Big?

I didn't show the "whole park" in the other map.

Here is the entire area (including the area where the Safari vehicles roam and Rafiki's Planet Watch.)
Now THAT is a big park!

DAK-Park-All_120209.jpg

Ok, thanks Robo and Star!

I read somewhere the other day on the DW site that the busses only start running an hour before a park opens, but I guess that is not the case. :)

A 15 minute walk is not that bad. By the look of the map, I thought I was done for! :laughing:

Ok, thanks Robo and Star!

1- I read somewhere the other day on the DW site that the busses only start running an hour before a park opens, but I guess that is not the case. :)

2- A 15 minute walk is not that bad. By the look of the map, I thought I was done for! :laughing:

1- That bad info has become a Disney World Legend.
It gets repeated so often that it just won't die.
(And, yes, it IS posted, to this day, on some rather respected websites.)

2- stargazertechie was giving you a worst-case scenario.
It won't be 15 minutes, unless you just can't help but stop a couple of times to
take in the views.

It won't be 15 minutes, unless you just can't help but stop a couple of times to
take in the views.

I'm always distracted by an animal... Or seven :)

take in the views.

1. I actually got the info on DW's own site. You get better info here, lol.

2. I probably will stop and take some pics, especially since there shouldn't be too many people in the park at that hour. I can probably get a good shot at the tree. :banana:

Thanks for you help!

take in the views.

Hey, where did you get those maps, I'd like a copy of all the parks...Ive seen via google, but not like this...a pic

Hey, where did you get those maps, I'd like a copy of all the parks...Ive seen via google, but not like this...a pic

They're on my hard drive. ;)

Thanks for your interest in the maps.

You can find several of my aerial view WDW maps HERE.

1. I actually got the info on DW's own site. You get better info here, lol.

2. I probably will stop and take some pics, especially since there shouldn't be too many people in the park at that hour. I can probably get a good shot at the tree. :banana:

Thanks for you help!

Take advantage!!! No one will be in the park that early unless it happens to fall on an EMH day. But I would most definitely take pictures. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter