• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rope Drop at AK

weluv M&M

Hooked on Disney
Can anyone tell me where the rope drops are in the morning at Animal Kingdom? We have a breakfast reservation at Tusker House but want to get to EE after rope drop to get FP and ride it.:woohoo:

I'm also wondering the same thing. I posted a thread in the Restaurants forum about this.

Looks like we're in the same boat, and both from NC!

It's usually 9:00 for AK. The buses should start running around 8:00 from the resorts to AK. Enjoy your day at the park!

Please let us know if you here anything on the other thread. We are from Charlotte. How about you?:cool2:

Turnstiles open at 745 for those with early tusker house ressies before the park opens. Turnstiles normally open at 845 for everyone else, and they can only go as far as discovery island between island mercantile and the outfitters. Then a little before 9 they do "the adventure begins" and drop the rope at 9. If you finish eating at tuskers before 9, they hold you at the restaurant until the rope is dropped and the park is open.

Turnstiles open at 745 for those with early tusker house ressies before the park opens. Turnstiles normally open at 845 for everyone else, and they can only go as far as discovery island between island mercantile and the outfitters. Then a little before 9 they do "the adventure begins" and drop the rope at 9. If you finish eating at tuskers before 9, they hold you at the restaurant until the rope is dropped and the park is open.

So, will everyone else beat us to Everest? Would they allow us to go back to the front of the park? We want to be there first... obviously.

On our last trip we had ADR for Donald's Restaurasourus at 8:45am, before the park officially opened. I had been worried about not being able to get FP for EE until after we ate, and by then there would be a long return time. We finished eating about an hour later, and while the rest of our group checked out Dinoland I raced over to EE to get the FP. It wasn't as bad as I had worried. The return time was for about an hour later. That gave us time to ride PW & Dinosaur. So in all, it worked out just great.

On our last trip we had ADR for Donald's Restaurasourus at 8:45am, before the park officially opened. I had been worried about not being able to get FP for EE until after we ate, and by then there would be a long return time. We finished eating about an hour later, and while the rest of our group checked out Dinoland I raced over to EE to get the FP. It wasn't as bad as I had worried. The return time was for about an hour later. That gave us time to ride PW & Dinosaur. So in all, it worked out just great.

That's all changed now that Donald's breakfast has been moved from Dinoland over in Africa at Tusker House.

Breakfast is now just a few steps from Safari (up left of map,) but it a a long, LONG way from EE (far right.)

DAK-RopeDrop-050108.jpg

So if we're finished eating at 8:45 a.m., should we try and get back to the front of Discovery Island? Or just walked the path from Safari to EE?

So if we're finished eating at 8:45 a.m., should we try and get back to the front of Discovery Island? Or just walked the path from Safari to EE?

Neither.
You will not be permitted to leave the area of Tusker House until after the park opens.

So the rest of the crowd will beat us to EE?

That sucks, to be the first in the park, but not amongst the first to a ride.

So the rest of the crowd will beat us to EE?

That sucks, to be the first in the park, but not amongst the first to a ride.

If you want to be first on EE, forget the Tusker breakfast and just go to Rope Drop like everyone else.

Just back from my trip to Disneyworld and did not make a single rope drop. I, however, went to Animal Kingdom my first day. . .got there about 9:30 and literally walked on EE. I think I waited an entire 3 minutes. This was Wednesday, May 14. I then went to Kilamanjaro Safaries and did the same thing. I couldn't believe my luck. So I think if you are there early for breakfast and are not worried about not being first but being among the first, you will get on the ride fairly swiftly. By the way, even though Robos map makes it look like EE is far away, I do not find anything in Animal Kingdom very far away at all. . .just my 2 cents. . .

Is this accurate???? We have an ADR at 8:05, I thought the buses would be running by 7:00...

I've read in a different thread that buses will start running earlier than 8 a.m. But if you have an 8:05 a.m. (we have 8 a.m.), I might drive as opposed to taking the bus.

I've read in a different thread that buses will start running earlier than 8 a.m. But if you have an 8:05 a.m. (we have 8 a.m.), I might drive as opposed to taking the bus.

The buses start running from the WDW resorts to the parks around 6:30-6:45 AM every day.

If MK is open at 7 AM (EMH during Christmas), they will be running even earlier.

DAK's parking lot is notorious for NOT being open early.

I recommend taking the resort buses to early mornings, especially at DAK and MK.

Just back from my trip to Disneyworld and did not make a single rope drop. I, however, went to Animal Kingdom my first day. . .got there about 9:30 and literally walked on EE. I think I waited an entire 3 minutes. This was Wednesday, May 14. I then went to Kilamanjaro Safaries and did the same thing. I couldn't believe my luck. So I think if you are there early for breakfast and are not worried about not being first but being among the first, you will get on the ride fairly swiftly. By the way, even though Robos map makes it look like EE is far away, I do not find anything in Animal Kingdom very far away at all. . .just my 2 cents. . .

omg that sounds so good HAHAH cuz robos has slapped that map on my other thread when i asked how long it took to walk from safari to EE:scared1:

do you remember how long it tok you to get between those two attractions?? if you can tell me, i would greatly appreciate it!!!:bitelip:

going in 5 days!

That is a long walk. When character breakfast was in DinoLand, you could wait at the rope drop there and make it to EE just ahead of the rest of the crowds. I guess we may skip breakfast. Does anyone think it's worth getting in early with our reservation and just waiting at the rope drop instead ( if CM will let us )?:confused3

By the way, even though Robos map makes it look like EE is far away, I do not find anything in Animal Kingdom very far away at all. . .just my 2 cents. . .

Here's DAK.
These are photos taken from the sky.

The area is so huge that people are too small to see in the images.

DAK-Park-All-Captioned.jpg

DAK-Central-ALL_2.jpg

DAK-RopeDrop-050108.jpg

hm maybe nurse darcy is a fast walker~ haha
ok well, . . whatever happens i'm sure i'll be okay, . . at this point in my planning, the plan of action is 'roll with it' and 'take it as it comes'

love that
hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter