Rope drop at AK, back to offsite hotel mid-day, lunch at Whispering Canyon...

seus-mouse

Mickey and Minnie Warm our hearts, all year long :
Should we park at MK and take the boat launch to WL for Whispering Canyon lunch or can we/should we park at Wilderness Lodge for lunch and take the boat to MK for the evening?

Thanks,
:hippie:
Holly

I would recommend you park at the Wilderness Lodge, because in the evenings, it would usually be much less of a wait for you to take the WL boat back versus having to catch the Monorail or the larger ferry.

Just tell the security guard that you are having lunch at Whispering Canyon when you park at the WL.

Thanks, peppers, that's a good idea. I made an early dinner res instead of lunch as the family voted for trying the big platter.

:thumbsup2

I would recommend you park at the Wilderness Lodge, because in the evenings, it would usually be much less of a wait for you to take the WL boat back versus having to catch the Monorail or the larger ferry.

Just tell the security guard that you are having lunch at Whispering Canyon when you park at the WL.

Technically, you are not supposed to park at a resort you're not staying at while you go off to a theme park. There is signage at the resort lots stating that they are not for theme park parking. I know lots of folks report that they "do it all the time" and never have a problem, but I choose to follow the rules. Staying off-site and parking at a resort while at a theme park is also frowned upon because you are skipping out on paying the usual parking fee.

Technically, you are not supposed to park at a resort you're not staying at while you go off to a theme park. There is signage at the resort lots stating that they are not for theme park parking. I know lots of folks report that they "do it all the time" and never have a problem, but I choose to follow the rules. Staying off-site and parking at a resort while at a theme park is also frowned upon because you are skipping out on paying the usual parking fee.

While I certainly agree with you about this (in fact, I frequently make a similar post whenever someone asks about parking at a resort for an ADR and then going to a park), I wonder if it's as big a problem at WL as it is at CR and the Epcot resorts, since those resorts are walking distance to a park.

While I certainly agree with you about this (in fact, I frequently make a similar post whenever someone asks about parking at a resort for an ADR and then going to a park), I wonder if it's as big a problem at WL as it is at CR and the Epcot resorts, since those resorts are walking distance to a park.

Certainly it's more of a problem at resorts within easy walking (or monorail) access of a theme park- MK and EPCOT resorts in particular. And yes, enforcement is probably more likely at those resorts too. That being said, I just think the rules are what they are and I don't choose to selectively obey the ones that suit my needs (or not) on any particular day. We always stay on-site, but would it be right for an off-site guest to park at a resort or at DTD to avoid the parking fee, regardless of which resort it happens to be?

I asked the question at the disneyworld.disney.go.com Help Center and was told ,"If you are dining there yes you may leave your car parked there."

Thanks for all your help.

Holly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter