Rope drop and park question

2mom

Earning My Ears
The first time we went we did am emh and was at the park about 30 min before it open hardly any lines it was great This year I have planned the same thing but not at park with am emh. This gives the family an extra hour of sleep and hopefully a more relaxed time.(coming from central time zone vs last time of mountain). But will the parks still be sorta empty, like the am emh was, for the first hour or so? We r going same time as last first week of June.

I would take advantage of EMH its gives you that much needed hour to get stuff done and in june aswell

going to morning EMH, but people vacation differently.

If you are going to a non EMH park you could try a plan that many people tout. Go to the park that had the evening EMH the night before. People claim that is is busier the night before, which seems plausible, and people go elsewhere since they were just there. I have not tried this.

I think all parks are less busy when they open because people like to sleep in or are just slow getting started. You will probably have less time before it starts getting crowded. The good nes is that any of the morning EMH parks start to get really crowded by 11-12. We usually hop somewhere else for or after lunch.

I know that is exactly what we did too last time(or go for a swim) and I understand the logic behind both. I just don't know if the non am emh park r really not that crowded first thing. This trip really needs a more relaxing feel to it as TS out only shot at talking the husband/daddy to do it again. Darn addiction to the mountains and fly fishing. Kids r 10 and 15 so we can skip somethings like etwb iasw and such. Hmmmmm what to do what to do

that DHS allows people in 15+ minutes early. Epcot also allows people in early. Both allow guests to head to the attractions. DAK allows them to get through the turnstiles and near the Tree of Life but holds them there until park opening.

If you wait until right before park opening to get there, lines will already be long.

We got to MK @ 8:15, when it was scheduled to open at 9, by 9 it was packed, but we were in the front of the line. We went off to the left and got Adventure and Frontier lands done before 11. We didn't need to do ETWB and figured we'd FP Ariel. By the time we worked our way over to Tomorrowland later in the day, it was pretty low wait times. Sadly Ariel was closed to have work done, but we did everything else we wanted to do.
If you get get there about 45-30 minutes before the parks open you "should" be ok getting in. Although for DHS, I'd be there closer to 8 b/c people literally were running to TSM when the gates opened

They, as in my oldest and I, were right there in the front with the "runners/ fast walkers at an 8:00 opening too Now at MK we do have a 8:00 reservation at CRT and the park opens at 9 and also at TH in AK I'm hoping that gives us a bit of an edge I'm just second guessing myself we will have fun no mattr what.

that DHS allows people in 15+ minutes early. Epcot also allows people in early. Both allow guests to head to the attractions. DAK allows them to get through the turnstiles and near the Tree of Life but holds them there until park opening.

If you wait until right before park opening to get there, lines will already be long.

Is this on AM EMH also? Thanks :)

Hollywood studios, in particular, is not noticeably less crowded on non-AM EMH days. They have so few attractions that are open for the extra hour that it's definitely not worth getting up the extra hour earlier for. Get there 40-45 minutes before opening on a normal day, and they'll start letting you in 15 minutes or so early. You'll be fine.

With little ones, MK is definitely worth getting up early for AM EMH, as almost all the rides they would want to do are open. I would even say for the older ones as well -- they could get multiple rides on SM in before it gets crowded. But again, it's no big deal if you don't. What smaller crowds may exist during that first hour of EMH, are quickly dwarfed by the increased crowds added to their number beginning at regular park opening as the vast majority of the people staying off site, or who otherwise don't pay attention to EMH. start to arrive. So, on an AM EMH day: 8-9, somewhat less crowded; 9-3, noticeably more crowded than a non-emh day.

Said another way -- the first hour of a non AM EMH park generally feels about like the first hour of an AM EMH park -- though some parks may be somewhat less crowded. Most of the planning web sites would say that the increased crowds later in the day make it ultimately not worth the extra hour of somewhat diminished crowds, unless you have a park hopper and can get to another park.

So get your sleep!

Sweet pea u made me laugh at the sleep comment! Thanks I'm not changing my plans. U guys knowledge is very helpful and reassuring

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter