Rooms not cleaned daily at AKL?

pbrim

Mouseketeer
I am back at WDW after 10 year away. I have a split stay, spending a week at AKL, and then a week at POFQ. AKL is expensive, but I wanted to splurge to celebrate retirement. My room was cleaned my first day, while I was at the park, but was not cleaned yesterday, my second day. I was surprised, as I see housekeeping carts in the halls everyday, but I didn't want to make a fuss, so I let it go. But today I got back to my room again at 7, and it has not been cleaned again!

Now I'm out of clean towels and the trash is piling up. So this time I call housekeeping to see what's going on and all I get is "Eh, I don't know. Too bad, but nothing we can do about it tonight. I'll ask them to be sure to clean it tomorrow." Not even an offer of clean towels, I had to ask for them and it still took over half an hour to get them!

I know they didn't have daily service during Covid, but I thought that was over, and as I said, I have seen housekeeping carts in the halls on my floor every day. For what I'm paying for Savanah view room at a Deluxe hotel, I expect more than this! Is there something I'm missing? Do I really need to call housekeeping every time I need my room cleaned?

In a regular resort room at AKL you should have daily housekeeping services unless you are staying DVC on points or renting points. At PQFQ it is every other day.

To confirm your room is cleaned daily early at AKL a quick call to housekeeping before you leave your room in the morning to request an early day room cleaning is helpful.

Dave

Poly has not been every day since pre-Covid. Just left CBR and room was cleaned once- the day after arrival. Nothing the next 6 days….

Poly has not been every day since pre-Covid. Just left CBR and room was cleaned once- the day after arrival. Nothing the next 6 days….
Deluxe resorts (non DVC/cash rooms) have been back to daily housekeeping for over a year. Moderates are supposed to be every other day, I would have called housekeeping.

We stayed at AKL in club level the last of July into the first of August. Our room was not cleaned once even though we always saw housekeeping in our hallway. We were there 5 days, and I called on the 4th day and asked for cleaning. Got back to the room late afternoon and nada. Had to call down for more towels and was told we must have had our Do Not Disturb sign out, which we never did.

I think with what Disney charges for a deluxe room not having daily housekeeping is bordering on criminal.

Okay, maybe 'criminal' is a little tongue in cheek.

BUT, I understand help is hard to get, covid changed things a bit, blah, blah, blah, but, an amenity they previously had included in their room rates is gone now. With housekeeping now every other day, (And in my experience it's not even that, lately I only get housekeeping when I ask for it), they are saving 1/2 to 1/3rd in their housekeeping budget, but daily room rates are HIGHER.

Did you ever call housekeeping or stop by the Front desk?
Deluxe resorts (non DVC/cash rooms) have been back to daily housekeeping for over a year. Moderates are supposed to be every other day, I would have called housekeeping.
Not quite the new modified return of scheduled housekeeping returned by the end of Feb. 2023. Disney even announced it. It started earlier at select CL rooms.

Quote from Disney in Feb. 2023: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-housekeeping-update-youve-been-waiting-for/
By the end of February, full housekeeping room cleanings will once again be available at all of our Resort hotel rooms, with services provided daily or every other day depending on where you are staying. These full cleanings include everything you’d expect – from replacing towels and amenities to cleaning the bathrooms, making the beds, emptying trash and recycling, tidying the room and vacuuming.
Problems still exist when individual rooms are skipped but don't wait 4 or more days to call housekeeping. Housekeeping staff is not at any resort 24/7. Once they have left for the day it takes a number of coordinated calls to get someone to run towels / missing amenities to your room and that process can time up to an hour or more depending on staffing levels and time of day/night.

Dave

It is supposed to be daily at all Deluxes. You’ll need to bring this up with the hotel, AKL is obviously slacking.

Walk down to the front desk and discuss your issues in person. When you call you are not talking to your hotel. It’s just a central receiving area for all Disney hotels and from there they maybe kinda sorta tell the hotels what guests want. I have found that the best way to have housekeeping address issues is to talk with the front desk in person ever since the stupid new system got put into place.

It will never be back the way it was, no matter what Disney promises. Smoke and mirrors.

PER DISNEY ~

You can expect housekeeping services throughout your stay. Here is the schedule:

• Rooms at Disney Moderate and Disney Value Resorts will receive housekeeping service every other day
  • Rooms at Disney Deluxe Resorts will receive daily full housekeeping service
  • Rooms at Disney Deluxe Villas will receive daily full housekeeping service unless using Disney Vacation Club Member Points or Member Cash Discount
  • If you are a Disney Vacation Club Member staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using Member Points or Member Cash Discounts, you will receive trash and towel service on the fourth day of your visit. If you are staying more than 8 nights, you will receive full cleaning service on the fourth day of your visit and trash and towel service on the eighth day of your visit.

I would have been at the front desk asking for a manager the first time they didn't show up. If Housekeeping isn't doing their job the last person I would call is Housekeeping. I would be asking for a rebate for each day it was not cleaned.

That's horrible! I stayed at Portofino Bay at Universal 1.5 years ago and they had daily housekeeping without having to request it. They also have a great system where you can text the front desk. The front desk usually responded within a few minutes. I would be absolutely furious with paying Disney prices and not getting housekeeping. I'd also be greatly annoyed with the central hotel call center and an hour wait to get towels. Universal doesn't seem to have trouble hiring housekeepers. Disney is just being cheap. I hope Disney take a large amount off your bill for failing to clean the room.

In May at the Poly housekeeping was most certainly not every day.
If you booked a room with cash, not DVC points, all deluxe rooms are SUPPOSED to have daily cleaning, this started sometime last year. You have to make sure if you are doing online check in that you opt in for daily housekeeping. If I were paying for a deluxe room and didn’t receive service, I’d call.

Good luck finding someone to talk to - the last time I stayed at a Disney Deluxe pre-covid the manager dodged me the entire time - they knew the messed up and they did not want to deal with it - writing to corporate afterwards is a black hole - I avoid Disney hotels completely now.
That was the GF BTW.

Main issue is they are not in the hotel business - its just a place to store people when the parks are closed.

Lowes\Hilton\Marriott are not perfect - but the manager does not dodge you and they make things right - because they are in the hotel business. They also reward your repeat business - although not as much as they used to.

Also what is the point on cleaning your room after your first night and then never again - Id be irate.

I wouldn’t be happy if my room wasn’t cleaned at a deluxe resort. I don’t think you should have to ring or be back early to check that the room is cleaned. I usually keep my room tidy and clean but when I go away it’s nice getting fresh towels daily.

I’m at AKL now and it’s definitely not happening every day. We arrived on Thursday and they cleaned on Friday, nothing yesterday.

I’m not too bothered but we really need them today. We’re out of towels.

I'm coming down in two weeks, staying at Riviera on a cash stay. I recall when I did my online check in, I had to check a box to request daily housekeeping. Maybe that's just because this is a DVC resort only?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter