• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

rooms near the elevator loud?

smacky1

DIS Veteran
we are trying to decide between 2 inside staterooms on Dream. The first choice was 9077 and was near the elevators. Im wondering if the elvator noise or traffic from the elevators would be bothersome. The second room was all the way forward in 9007. Seems fine, we have never had problems with motion sickness and I think that is the issue with far forward or aft rooms right?

In my experience, rooms near elevators can be quite noisy, but only at peak times of day, and moreso midship than at far ends. I don't think I'd make that a huge deciding factor if it was me...

we are trying to decide between 2 inside staterooms on Dream. The first choice was 9077 and was near the elevators. Im wondering if the elvator noise or traffic from the elevators would be bothersome. The second room was all the way forward in 9007. Seems fine, we have never had problems with motion sickness and I think that is the issue with far forward or aft rooms right?

our room on the disney magic was right on the other side of them. it did wake me up in the night . i bet even one or two rooms down you would be fine

For us I say no the rooms by the elevator weren't noisy. We had one room by the midship elevators. We heard absolutely nothing at night and we were gone most of the day. Our first cruise we were right by the AFT elevators. Again we heard nothing at night. There were the occassional kids running down the hall. I like being right by the elevators especially AFT because it's convenient to most of the dining and activities. We are going to be mid ship again when we go on the Dream. Both of these rooms were a old catagory 6.

We were in a mid-ship room right by the elevators and it didn't bother us. By the time we were going to bed...well, so were most other people! I do travel with a projection clock/sound machine and it is worth its weight in gold.

We were by the Aft elevators on Deck 7 on our first cruise and had no issues at all with noise from the elevators. :thumbsup2

We have done 2 cruises in cabins by the aft elevators. No noise issues and we like the convienence of being right by the stairs.

We also were right by the elevators on the Wonder - 6558 - and I never heard anything at all. I chose that room intentionally because of its proximity to the elevators and stairs - no noise issues at all.

Magic room 7106 --- near the aft elevator -- no noise problem at all , and love the ease of getting to deck 9 very easily.

I would take that room again in a heartbeat!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter