• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rooms keys & park passes question.

coachyo

DIS Veteran
We have our reservations through AAA for a complete package with room, tix and meal plan on it. Will we have seperate cards for our room and park passes? Will we have another for our meal credits or will it be on our park passes or room key? Can I have all the credits put on one card, so I can keep better track of things? I know I have all the TS accounted for but may be creative with them and the CS credits too. :cool1:

Thanks, YO

:cool1:hi..everything is on one ticket..it makes it very simple.each time you use your dining plan ,the number of meals and snacks you have left are itemized on your reciept.Its great!! :wave2:

Can I have my kids park tickets put on my room key along with mine?
I am conerned if they lost their key they would loose the park pass. Any suggestions?

Thanks, YO

No, you can only have one set of tickets per room key. You could keep their key with you at all times. If they would happen to lose it, your resort's front desk will replace it, park ticket transferred and all. If somehow the key were lost after you left the resort on the way to the park, just visit guest relations and they can issue you a temporary ticket until you get back to the resort to replace the key.

Each of you will have a room key that includes your park passes.

Dining credits are not coded on the card, but kept track of on a central computer. Anyone who has charging privileges on their room key will be able to charge meals for themselves or the group or part of the group using their key. You decide at checkin who will have charging privileges - adults yes, kids no is how I usually go since DD is still pretty young. Each time you get your receipt for a meal, the number of credits left for your group will be shown at the bottom.

I always keep DDs key with me. She gets her key or ticket long enough to go through the turnstile, then gives it back to me. Unless your kids are old enough to be on their own and owuld need to get into the room alone, that should work out - and no stress about them losing the tickets, just worry about yourself. :)

Yes..everything is on one card, including the dining. Think of the dining meals as one package for the entire group. As an example, if you have 4 adults staying for 7 days, then the package would have 28 table services; 28 counter services and 28 snacks. You do not need each persons card to utilize the services. You could use just one card for the entire week since Disney looks at the 4 people as one "group" and each card has access to all of the services for the 7 days. This is also why you want to restrict the access that kids have to the cards, since they could burn up all of your "snacks" in one hot afternoon at MK. " ...but mom, you didn't tell me I couldn't have 6 mickey ice cream bars ??"

Of course, I am only referring to using one card for the dining...each person will need their own cards for access to the parks, etc.

Thanks for the info. Sorry it took so long to get back. Do they put any names on the passes themselves? Do you have to sign anything when you use the passes? Older DD is ok with tix to use the younger just loves to be able to have her own key so she can open room. Just planning it all out.
Thanks for your help. :thumbsup2

YO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter