• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room with space for toddler bed?

apugslife

Earning My Ears
Hi! I have asked questions before here and thanks for the great answers! It looks like we are doing a trip Late Sept/Early Oct 2006. For now it is only my mother, my dd (turning 2 while we are there), and I who will also be celebrating a birthday there! So for only 3 of us we don't need much. I think wwe are getting a complete package through disney with air/tickets/hotel/dining. So we are pretty excited as we are all 1st timers! Now I am left with 2 ???'s that have to do with rooms/hotels:
~Do you think it makes since to trek back to the hotel for a nap (dd) or just let her nap in the stroller (not sure she will do very well with all the excitement)?

~We don't want expensive accomadations (but would like to stay on property) as we don't plan on spending much time in our room, so that to us will be a waste (we would rather have more spending money), but I was looking on the abbf.com website and saw we could rent a toddler bed (I think dd will be too small to sleep in a regular sized-bed, but too big for a crib at this point) so what hotel rooms might I be able to put a toddler bed in?

Thank again for all the help! We only have 6 months to go!!!

The first time my family went to DW, our daughters were 2 and 4. We also wondered about the nap thing. Every child is a bit different, so I can't tell you how yours will best respond. However, we found that our kids didn't really need to go back to the hotel. We used that time to shop or find a neat spot to park the stroller and take in the atmosphere. We also did not go late into the evenings, so the girls were in bed at a decent hour -- which made subsquent days all the easier. Since our first trip (our girls are now 5 and 7), we actually do return to the hotel in the middle of the day to take a swim and relax, rejuvinate, and then go back out in the evening.

As far as hotels go, we last stayed at POP. The rooms are a bit small (plenty big for the 4 of us since most of our time is at the parks). There is certainly room for a small toddler bed there -- wouldn't leave lots of room, but would fit nonetheless.

Have a great time!

You can request bed rails to slip on the bigger beds if you don't want the space taken up by a toddler bed.

I too would just request bed rails. DD will be 5 soon and still sleeps with hers. Pop or All Star Movies would be great. I would price out a trip with Disney with and without air. You may find it will be cheapers to book airfare separately. I would get airfare set up first and then your hotel. If you need to save a few extra dollars, then stay at Pop, the tax is slightly cheaper there. DOn't forget to sign of for Magical Express. All you need is your flight numbers and airlines. Best of all it is free.

Have Fun and Welcome to the Dis. :banana:

You can request bedrails? I thought that that would be perfect! DD is only just under 18 months old now and is still in her crib. She has always moved around a ton at night. I am just guessing I will have in in a toddler bed shortly before our trip. I thought it would be great if my mom could stay in one bed and me with my dd in the other. I was just worried about her falling out. If anyone has info on the bed rails, I would really truly appreciate it! I would love to stay in the 80's section of the Pop (a big 80's fan!). My mother doesn't care as long as the room is clean! Thanks again everyone!!!

Isn't a toddler bed the crib mattress in a small bedframe? I don't think I've ever seen a toddler bed bigger than a crib mattress, but smaller than a regular bed before...

The cribs at some of the resorts, which are available just for the asking, are the pack-n-play type only, while a few resorts may have the larger full crib size. Bedrails might be the easiest if you stay at PC or any of the All Star resorts, as the rooms are small and the beds are only full/double size.

Put her in the bed with you and get rails if you want. It really isn't that big of deal if she falls out the rooms are carpeted and if it makes you feel better put a blanket there. Most kids don't fall out as much as people think.

We've been twice with my DDs. The first trip DD turned 2 the week after we got back. She was in a toddler bed at home but slept a pack n' play at the WL (you can request those for the room). The last trip DD had just turned 4. We actually brought a blow-up toddler bed/sleeping bag. (You can get them at Target in Dora, Pooh etc. $30 or so). She slept on the floor on this and my DH and I shared a bed and DD7 had the other one to herself. We stayed at POFQ but there was a couple of diff't spots we could've put the bed! Good Luck!!

Oh --- when DD was almost 2 ... we did go back to the room to nap on most days. It was nice to just have the quiet for a little while and she usually napped if only for an hour or so. I think there might have been 1 day that we didn't and then we just tried to go to bed early. I don't think she would've gone to sleep in the stroller but she almost went to sleep on the train in MK a couple of times in my lap!!!

We went to WDW last December with DS 2.5. We stayed at the WL. We never went back to the room for his naps...he slept in his stroller without a problem (we rented a stroller from abbf).

At night, DS actually slept on the floor. We put the extra blanket folded up and pillow on the floor and he slept on that with no problem. We had a blanket for him from home. After our first mousekeeping, they saw what we were doing and actually gave DS his own small comforter and "made" his bed every day also. :) I was worried about him sleeping on the floor until DH and my mom reminded me that the pack N play probably isn't even as thick as the blankets we had on the floor for DS!

Bugsmom73 said:
I too would just request bed rails. DD will be 5 soon and still sleeps with hers. Pop or All Star Movies would be great........
Have Fun and Welcome to the Dis. :banana:

If you are considering a value resort All Stars will give you MORE floor space than Pop. Although both resorts are 260 square feet

The Pop rooms seem smaller because the bed is closer to the door with a bigger gap being between the bathroom wall and the far bed. At the All Stars this gap is about one foot wide. Giving you more floor space.

http://allearsnet.com/acc/asmv59.jpg
http://allearsnet.com/acc/popcent56.jpg

Also you cannot move the beds at Pop because they are bolted to the floor.
You can move the beds at the All Stars giving you even more usable floor space or you can push one of the beds against the wall to keep your little one safe.

Have fun at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter