Room Size

Kelsey106

Earning My Ears
We have always stayed at a 2 bedroon suite at OKW. I would like to try another DVC resort. However, I was told the 2 bedroom suites at the other resorts are smaller. Can anyone confirm this. My family is two adults and three teenagers.

We stay in a 2 bedroom at BWV when we go. Very nice size, and I would think easy to accomodate your family.

I have heard, however, that the OKW villas are by far the roomiest of any of the DVC properties.

Still, there shouldn't be a problem. There will be a bed for everyone! (except the two adults, they will have to share! :love: )

I will agree that everyone should have a bed at the other DVC resorts, but the BIG difference is that at OKW only one person has to sleep on a sleep sofa, and at the others, two will likely have to sleep on sleep sofas unless you get a dedicated 2 bedroom with two beds (available at some but not all of the other resorts).
The OKW 2 bedroom has about 1410 Sq. Ft. The others have around 1083 sq. ft. 300 sq. ft is a significant difference, and most of it will be noticed in the living room/kitchen area. I think the other significant difference is the space in the second bedroom's bathroom.

OKW has a real dining room table! The other DVC 2 bedrooms that we've stayed at (BWV and VWL) don't. Ditto for a real laundry room, the others have stacked w/d units in a closet.

You will notice the difference, but knowing it ahead of time, can help you not be disappointed. Enjoy the new experience, the way we did enjoy the real apartment living at OKW!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Although I own at BVW, I love OKW. A group of us vacation the end of Oct. so we decided we'd go to BW instead of our usual OKW (especially since it's my year for point use). I am still torn about the decision. One thing I know we will miss is the big balcony! And there is a definite difference in the size of the living room/dining room. As Bobbi pointed out, there is no "real" dining room table.

It's a trade off for sure. I love the idea of walking to EPCOT!

Cyn

Here are some reported room sizes for DVC resorts:

OKW
Studio: 390 sq. ft.
1 BR: 1005 sq. ft.
2 BR: 1410 sq. ft.
GV: 2375 sq. ft.

HH
Studio: 455 sq.ft.
1BR: 856 sq.ft.
2BR: 1311 sq.ft.
GV: 2362 sq.ft.

BWV
Studio: 359 sq. ft.
1 BR: 712 sq. ft.
2 BR: 1071 sq. ft.
GV: 2142 sq. ft.

VB
Studio: 375 sq.ft.
1BR: 880 sq.ft.
2BR: 1265 sq.ft.
GV: 2125 sq.ft.

VWL
Studio: 356 sq.ft.
1BR: 727 sq.ft.
2BR: 1083 sq.ft.
GV: None

BCV
Studio: 356 sq.ft.
1BR: 719 sq.ft.
2BR: 1075 sq.ft.
GV: None

SSR
Studio: 355 sq.ft.
1BR: 714 sq.ft.
2BR: 1070 sq.ft.
GV: 2113 sq.ft.

AKV:
Studio: 316- 355 sq.ft.
1BR: 629-720 sq.ft.
2BR: 945 - 1075 sq.ft.
GV: 2201 sq.ft.

The biggest difference is in the living area, dining, kitchen, laundry and balcony. I truly can not tell any difference in bedroom size from resort to resort. If there is any it is not noticeable to me.

OKW has a much larger living area with sofa, loveseat and comfy chair. Also a much larger kitchen and seperate dining room with a full size dining table and chairs.

The balcony size is much larger and you get a full size laundry room. At the other resorts you get a laundry closet with a stackable washer/dryer.

The Dream book I was sent recently has BWV listed as follows:

studio 412
1 BR 814
2 BR 1226
GV 2492

I didn't realize that an OKW one bedroom was bigger than an AKV two bedroom. Wow!!

How many sq. ft. in a studio in the WL? I think the VWL studios are bigger. A friend who stays at the Wilderness Lodge thinks those rooms are bigger. There is five dollars at stake! :thumbsup2

As to those "Dream book" sizes for BWV, there are likely incorrect. Not sure when or why they started going wrong with reporting size of BWV rooms. The listing above showing a studio at 359 and 1BR at 712 and 2BR at combination of those is the one that is correct. When they were selling them back in the 90s that is the size Disney gave. Then a few years ago, Disney, even on its site, started using those larger sizes, 412 for a studio and 814 for a 1BR, that is in the Dream book. Now that they are selling AKV, they are comparing it to BWV (and others) and using the smaller BWV sizes that were professed back when they were selling it. Note, the AKV sizes stated above, 316 to 355 for a studio and 945 to 1075 for a 1BR (and a 2BR as as the combination of the sizes of the two), will be the sizes in the Jambo (existing AKL) building with that smaller number for each room size being the "value" point cost rooms. The new Kidani building will have 366 for a studio and 807 for a 1BR (thus 1173 for a 2BR). As a result, one of the selling points being used for AKV is that the new buidling will have larger rooms than all the WDW DVC resorts except OKW.

The biggest difference is in the living area, dining, kitchen, laundry and balcony. I truly can not tell any difference in bedroom size from resort to resort. If there is any it is not noticeable to me.

OKW has a much larger living area with sofa, loveseat and comfy chair. Also a much larger kitchen and seperate dining room with a full size dining table and chairs.

The balcony size is much larger and you get a full size laundry room. At the other resorts you get a laundry closet with a stackable washer/dryer.

Just from looking at the "tour" on the member website, I really want to try OKW, especially if you were planning on doing a lot of meals in your villa. I would love to have the full size table!

Just from looking at the "tour" on the member website, I really want to try OKW, especially if you were planning on doing a lot of meals in your villa. I would love to have the full size table!
OKW 1BRs and up also have a large veranda, with a table and 4 chairs. We ate breakfast out there every morning.

How many sq. ft. in a studio in the WL? I think the VWL studios are bigger. A friend who stays at the Wilderness Lodge thinks those rooms are bigger. There is five dollars at stake! :thumbsup2

At 344 sq. ft., average rooms at WL are WDWs smallest deluxe rooms. VWL studios (and studios at all other DVC resorts) are slightly larger. Rooms at CR are 394 sq. ft. and GF rooms are larger than that at 440. Poly rooms are 391. (HH has the largest DVC studios at 455 sq ft.)

Sounds like you can collect! :)

At 344 sq. ft., average rooms at WL are WDWs smallest deluxe rooms. VWL studios (and studios at all other DVC resorts) are slightly larger. Rooms at CR are 394 sq. ft. and GF rooms are larger than that at 440. Poly rooms are 391. (HH has the largest DVC studios at 455 sq ft.)
Something I've been puzzled about -- I believe the standard-size rooms at AKL are also 344 sq ft. After converting one of those rooms to an AKV "value" studio, it officially becomes 316 sq ft. Since they are not moving any walls around, why is there a loss of 28 sq ft? The conversion will involve putting a kitchenette into what had been the closet and adding an armoire to the room. Is closet space counted when calculating square feet but kitchenette space is not? And even if that is the case, I don't recall the AKL closets being that big -- they would have to be 7 ft wide and 4 ft deep to account for difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter