• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

room service

sounds like its worth at least sampling the room service menu. I must say with all the different offerings onboard, it's going to be very hard to stay on a diet.

We loved the cheese platter (but that was 11/06) & we got cookies too. BUT every night, DH and I ordered a Mickey Ice Cream bar and ate it out on the balcony!:love:

They are the same as those available at Plutos, but they serve them with really yummy steak fries through room service, as opposed to the regular fries at Pluto's.

My two DS's really liked the steak fries from room service much better than the ones at Pluto's. So much, in fact, that one evening DW and I were going to dinner alone and we ordered room service for the kids just to get the steak fries instead of walking 1 deck up to Pluto's. However, it was during peak dining time and the wait would have been 30+ minutes, so they just "settled" for Pluto fries.

For me, getting a Mickey bar delivered to your cabin any time you want is just too cool. For us, the Mickey bar is synonomous with Disney; it's the piece de resistance of any Disney trip...:thumbsup2

Hey cruise buddy, Everytime we ordered the choclate chip cookies from room service they they were out and sent us oatmeal...yuck

Hi Michele:yay: Oh yea, I would not be happy if I thought I was getting chocolate chip and they tried ti give me oatmeal:scared:

When getting ready for a port day we order the pb&j, chips and cookies from room service and take it off the ship in our lunch bag. That is why we bring zip lock baggies - for the chips. The sandwiches are Uncrustables.

We always tip $1.00 pp, regardless of what we order.

I was proud of my son one time when him and Travis St. John were in our cabin together and ordered a basket of fries with ketchup. They were waiting and they hear the door nock and saw the order they had and said we didnt order that and it was fries and rice. LOL. My son still did tip her even though.:rotfl:

We loved the cheese platter (but that was 11/06) & we got cookies too. BUT every night, DH and I ordered a Mickey Ice Cream bar and ate it out on the balcony!:love:

Every time I order the cheese platter, the crackers are soggy, or stale. Also, we don't like bleu cheese, I wish we could order it with only the cheese we like.

Oh, well,

DD LOVED to order the cake of the day. The chicken fingers were great and perfect to pack in the cooler for our day at the beach.

For me, getting a Mickey bar delivered to your cabin any time you want is just too cool. For us, the Mickey bar is synonomous with Disney; it's the piece de resistance of any Disney trip...:thumbsup2

The first thing we do when we get to our cabin will be to order Mickey Bars. Yum!

Every time I order the cheese platter, the crackers are soggy, or stale. Also, we don't like bleu cheese, I wish we could order it with only the cheese we like.

Oh, well,

Can't you just ask for it without blue cheese?

Breakfast everyday was 2 croisants with jam, a bowl of fruit and a pot of tea. Yummy.

Our daughter ordered the southwest ceasar salad and a fruit bowl every night at midnight.

We had the cheese and fruit plate almost every afternoon before dinner with a glass of wine.

Breakfast everyday was 2 croisants with jam, a bowl of fruit and a pot of tea. Yummy.

Our daughter ordered the southwest ceasar salad and a fruit bowl every night at midnight.

We had the cheese and fruit plate almost every afternoon before dinner with a glass of wine.

Why is the Ceasar salad called "Southwest?"

The first thing we do when we get to our cabin will be to order Mickey Bars. Yum!

Can't you just ask for it without blue cheese?

These are probably pre-packaged, made the night before and covered with plastic. Hence the soggy crackers and no options.

This happens at CS at WDW all the time. The woman next to me didn't want to wait 40 minutes for a ceasar salad no bacon. Quicker to pick off the bacon yourself.;)

Agreed. A traditional lasagna (as far as what I have had) is more moist with a good sauce. There was little, if any, sauce on this one. But the taste was definitely good and it was a nice change from the food served elsewhere on the ship.

Instead of ricotta cheese I think they use a more Italian vs American version that uses bechamel sauce.

Why is the Ceasar salad called "Southwest?"

If I remember correctly, the Southwest Ceaser Salad, is a Romaine lettuce salad with tomato wedges, served with a southwest seasononed chicken breast, with a small amount of chopped of pepper as garnish . The plate also is served with some tortilla chips. Better yet, I'll let a photo describe it.
IMG_9904edited_edited-1.jpg

If I remember correctly, the Southwest Ceaser Salad, is a Romaine lettuce salad with tomato wedges, served with a southwest seasononed chicken breast, with a small amount of chopped of pepper as garnish . The plate also is served with some tortilla chips. Better yet, I'll let a photo describe it.
IMG_9904edited_edited-1.jpg

Wow, not what I was expecting at all. I thought it would just be spicy Ceasar. Thanks, Stacey.

Vege lasagna was good. Big Island cookies and milk were the big hit with the family....as were hamburgers and Rice Krispies.

The "All Hands on Deck" cheese platter used to be "spotty" years ago. This trip, it was just rather sad. It used to have several cheeses, fruit, and at least 2 types of crackers....although we did have one time that the quality varied widely within the same week. This time it was just rather lacking and the crackers were stale.

My kids loved room service. They enjoyed the chicken noodle soup and of course the chocolate chip cookies!!!

My kids will second this!

This reminds me of the first time my kids ordered room service. They only asked for soup. I know this because I was with my 10 year old son when he called. I left their room after the soup arrived but came back 15 minutes later. All three kids were finished their soup and were eating cookies and drinking milk. I told ds he should have asked me before he called room service to order cookies. I wasn't angry with him, I was just a little shocked that he would call room service on his own and a little embarrassed that he didn't have money to tip the second time. He exclaimed, "I didn't call room service, they called me!" Long story short. They really did call ds's room to ask the kids if they wanted cookies and milk. Not only was I wrong about who called whom, but I was wrong about ds not having any money to tip. When I told him I felt bad that he didn't have any cash for the second delivery, he said, "Oh, I got some out of Spencer's (little brother) drawer."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter